Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

^^Its crazy how grown men result to bullying tactics. (edit)directed at the ones who apply

I was going to say if it doesn't interest you don't reply. I think it's lame when grown men group up because they share an opinion on a smaller group that doesn't share their opinion on a message board. it's a form of bullying, maybe that's how you where treated coming up.. 

Very lame, I don't reply to every comment on this message board and you shouldn't either.

3 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Two weeks after Martinez entered the portal, nothing. Ya think he's going to stick around or is he gone?

I was wondering the same thing about our guys.  Are they gone no matter what?

With 1,100 guys in the portal, not all of them are getting picked up.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Where the roster stands now. 

In portal: 

Donovan Yap (gone) 

David Jenkins (50/50 chance of return)

Caleb Grill (probably ISU bound)

Jhlayon Martinez (gone)

Del Cadia (gone)

Transferred out: 

Devin Tillis (UC Irvine)

Issac Lindsey (walk-on at Wisconsin)

Testing NBA waters: 

Bryce Hamilton 

On UNLV roster for 2021-2022: 

Victor Iwuakor (Oklahoma)

Royce Hamm (Texas)

Jordan McCabe (West Virginia)

Reece Brown

Nick Blake 

Arthur Kaluma

Keshon Gilbert

Moses Wood

Marvin Coleman

Add in a couple good transfers and/or Hamilton/Jenkins return. UNLV looks pretty good and having a stable off-season for the first time in years should pay dividends next season. 

11 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I was wondering the same thing about our guys.  Are they gone no matter what?

With 1,100 guys in the portal, not all of them are getting picked up.  

Anyone that enters the portal, their school they played for doesn’t have to honor their scholarship anymore.

I don’t see Martinez coming back nor Yap. UNLV is going to be deeper (TJO played 6-7-8 man rotations every game. Zero depth) and more athletic. UNLV needs a bulldog at point, and maybe that is Ihenacho. We will see.

45 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Ok, I’m going off the recent trend in this thread. 

i find this amazing that Otz would never call Richard back, as his son is one of the top PGs in 22.

Is he referring to Kruger or the new assistant texting him?

1 hour ago, Rosegreen said:

In portal: 

Donovan Yap (gone) 

Jhlayon Martinez (gone)

Del Cadia (gone)

Transferred out: 

Devin Tillis (UC Irvine)

Testing NBA waters: 

Bryce Hamilton 

Royce Hamm (Texas)

Reece Brown

Nick Blake 

Arthur Kaluma

Keshon Gilbert

Moses Wood

Marvin Coleman

Add in a couple good transfers and/or Hamilton/Jenkins return. UNLV looks pretty good and having a stable off-season for the first time in years should pay dividends next season. 

Getting BHam or Jenkins back would start to solidify the roster a bunch. Both having played for Kruger in the past brings some much needed continuity in player leadership. Coleman will be a key piece in that same leadership of work ethic and attitude. 50/50 is still better than Transferred.

30 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

In portal: 

Donovan Yap (gone) 

Jhlayon Martinez (gone)

Del Cadia (gone)

Transferred out: 

Devin Tillis (UC Irvine)

Testing NBA waters: 

Bryce Hamilton 

Royce Hamm (Texas)

Reece Brown

Nick Blake 

Arthur Kaluma

Keshon Gilbert

Moses Wood

Marvin Coleman

What’s currently on the roster is very athletic but there isn’t any scorers. Kruger needs to bring  in some scorers or hope Hamilton comes back. 

3 minutes ago, Cheek Patch said:

What’s currently on the roster is very athletic but there isn’t any scorers. Kruger needs to bring  in some scorers or hope Hamilton comes back. 

If Hamilton doesn't get the kind of feedback he hopes to get, is he more likely to come back, transfer or play overseas?

I'm guessing he ends up overseas at some point.  I have no idea if he wants to play another year in college or not. 

Barack Obama

16 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

If Hamilton doesn't get the kind of feedback he hopes to get, is he more likely to come back, transfer or play overseas?

I'm guessing he ends up overseas at some point.  I have no idea if he wants to play another year in college or not. 

He doesn't need feedback in the same way a lot of kids do because he's been training with pros since being a kid.

He already has options.

Bryce has been a solid no problems player. His decisions so far have been mature beyond his years. I have had and continue to have faith in his future decisions. He’ll do what is best for his future and career and I’m OK with that. This would be his 3rd new coaching staff in as many years. Bryce has given us his all but I’d like to see another year. The question is, if he needs another year to up parts of his game will this new staff be capable to do that in year 1?

4 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

Bryce has been a solid no problems player. His decisions so far have been mature beyond his years. I have and have faith in his future decisions. He’ll do what is best for his future and career and I’m OK with that. This would be his 3rd new coaching staff in as many years. Bryce has given us his all but I’d like to see another year. The question is, if he needs another year to up parts of his game will this new staff be capable to do that in year 1?

Do you think he's a future NBA guy?  I know some do, but I just don't see it. 

Barack Obama

4 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I don't see it. He is really good at a lot of things but not excellent at anything in particular. I think he will have a solid overseas career.

8 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I don't think anyone anywhere has said he's a sure fire nba player. He's a fringe player who will get push and additional opportunities due to his lineage. GLeague would have been a sizeable improvement over playing another year under totz. Not sure what the thinking is around the new camp. It's been tight-lipped.

3 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Way beyond me. He has talent and athleticism. His biggest asset is that he is very coachable, like Patrick McCaw a few years ago. I expect him to go pro and I hope at least G League. At that level I think he has a good chance with good coaching. Better than 50%. Right out of the gate getting drafted... no but with 1 more year and looking at his trajectory so far, m-a-y-b-e.

Now to answer a potential trolling question, He’ll yah! He’s a Rebel so NBA here he comes.

1 hour ago, quickdraw said:

Why even engage? Really, you already know where it is going. As said above it’s just trolling by some  one who is still more interested in trying to BE RIGHT and proving to the other 95% of the fan base that they were wrong. Constantly insulting and demeaning to everyone that disagrees. Then playing all of the games about who said what when and why. 2 years now and it is the same thing over and over and over and over.

Just smile and move on. Just like a homeless cat, if you feed it you will never be shed of it.

Taking indirect fire from one of the the leaders of the peanut gallery.

Says don't engage then takes indirect shots. Can't follow his own advice. Bozo.

Wants to "be shed" of me. Sounds like cries for help from a coward. 

Not even a homeless cat. Just a pu$$y.

Perfectly fitting. 

54 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

No clue. I personally feel like he’s g league or overseas. But then again Oregon always seems to take some of our best players whenever we go through a coaching change so :shrug: