Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

23 hours ago, vegasmdr said:

Kaluma was KK's recruit.  KK says he expects Gilbert and Kaluma to be here next year.  Think Gramala (how ever you spell his name) tweeted it out.

I know he said he expects Kaluma to come but he also said you never know with coaching changes. It will be an interesting couple months while KK firms up the roster.

On 4/3/2021 at 4:16 PM, Aslowhiteguy said:

This from the guy who goes apeshit over a bench player transfer.

Next season will make 10 in a row over the walkin' rebels. 

Lol no one is going apeshit over the transfers we got so far. We expect Hamm and McCabe to be more than capable MWC-level backups--and they're both former 4-star recruits so it'll be nice to see what they can do with real PT.

The big boy transfers are coming in anyyyyyyday now

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

5 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

Cheerleading in HS and college is a big deal.

Sooo many girls don’t make the cut...

I have a patient who was a rebel girl and when she graduated, tried out for the Raiders, and made it. Since they didn't get to cheer this last year, they automatically get to be on the team this year, without trying out again. She was considering applying for law school, but decided to put that off one more year, for the experience. I told her law school would be there, but this experience won't.

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

I have a patient who was a rebel girl and when she graduated, tried out for the Raiders, and made it. Since they didn't get to cheer this last year, they automatically get to be on the team this year, without trying out again. She was considering applying for law school, but decided to put that off one more year, for the experience. I told her law school would be there, but this experience won't.

VERY true...

Shit is a BIG deal..

Raiders are pretty much 2nd RE all NFL squads..

New-Signature.jpg

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

I was not a fan of his game and could not imagine having to watch him for four years.  Good luck to him and great luck for us.

If you combined his basketball IQ with Derrick Jones’ athleticism, you would have something.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2021/apr/05/unlv-to-meet-with-cincinnati-transfer-guard-mike-s/

UNLV to meet with Cincinnati transfer guard Mike Saunders

Saunders has already held virtual meetings with Utah coach Craig Smith and BYU coach Mark Pope. Though he is originally from Indianapolis, Saunders played his high-school ball at Wasatch Academy in Utah.

https://soonersports.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/victor-iwuakor/14146

Named a four-star recruit by ESPN, Rivals and 247Sports...One of the top 90 players nationally in the class of 2019, according to ESPN...Listed as a top-20 forward in his class by ESPN.

Looks like Ding Dong is going to have a new best friend!

8 rebounds vs. Alabama, 7 rebounds vs. Kansas & 10 rebounds vs. Texas Tech

3 years left so that is a plus.

lead_iwuakor.jpg