Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

Just now, qwelish said:

It's really displaced anger with totz. Everyone who loves or even hates UNLV knows what a UNLV athlete looks like.

These guys tjo brought I'm, for the most part, ain't it.

true! someone was being asking if I preferred the UNLV Globe Trotters and I'm like yeah! lol I actually would. 

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

Arthur Kaluma

Keshon Gilbert

Bryce Hamilton

David Jenkins Jr.

Ding Dong

Nick Blake

Moses Wood

These are the 7 remaining players that UNLV fans should care about.  Add 2 stud transfers to this group and we are in the NCAA next year and Kevin starts out his career with 20+ wins.  Please keep these 7 or as many as you can!

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

I dont care about this one because I did not like his game at all.  Glad he is gone.

The number of minutes this guy got was a head scratcher to me, especially ahead of Wood and del Cadia. Tillis was very limited on the offensive end compared to those two.

1 minute ago, Swoll Cracker said:

The number of minutes this guy got was a head scratcher to me, especially ahead of Wood and del Cadia. Tillis was very limited on the offensive end compared to those two.

Totz likes 4 dribble, pass, shoot players on the floor. 

Del cadia and Wood lack the dribble pass element to their games. Both are more 5 men for tots, but lack size and rebounding. 

15 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Totz likes 4 dribble, pass, shoot players on the floor. 

Del cadia and Wood lack the dribble pass element to their games. Both are more 5 men for tots, but lack size and rebounding. 

I fail to see how Tillis qualified as a dribble, pass, shoot guy. He had the highest turnover rate of anyone on the team. 

16 hours ago, nvspuds said:

It is possible Kruger can talk a few of these guys into sticking around.

When Muss left almost every player went into the portal.  Alfords 1st job was to recruit the players back before he could do any real recruiting.  I think guys like to test the waters.  A lot of these players will probably return.

22 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I fail to see how Tillis qualified as a dribble, pass, shoot guy. He had the highest turnover rate of anyone on the team. 

That was his skill set. I didn't say he was great at it.

In fairness to Tillis, he was a frosh and tjo ran a lot of offense through him in the mid and pinch post,  which is usually reserved for your star players.

I can see him being a decent glue leader type in the Perry Ellis mold. A poor man's version. Very poor.

The first 5 days of the Kevin Kruger Era has started well with the news that Lon will be returning to help his son. A bunch of that help will probably be as a buffer and a counselor on how to deal with the non basketball side of the job until he has more experience. That bullshit is something that CKK shouldn’t be dealing with right now. Lon has the wherewithal to deal with those people, get what is needed done and keep them in line.

Well the next 5 days should bring the majority of the staff and the beginnings of a roster rebuild. I expect the staff and roster to be built from the best available talent without regard to past UNLV connections. Time to run this program professionally and CKK is showing signs...

4 hours ago, wolfan8431 said:

When Muss left almost every player went into the portal.  Alfords 1st job was to recruit the players back before he could do any real recruiting.  I think guys like to test the waters.  A lot of these players will probably return.

Most likely in that situation players went into the portal after Muss left, then withdrew from the portal after Alford was hired and met with them.

In this case no players had entered the portal by the time Kevin Kruger was made head coach.  This week he met with them individually to discuss his expectations and where they fit in... then within days six of those players have entered the portal.  I wouldn't expect any of those players to return.

17 minutes ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Most likely in that situation players went into the portal after Muss left, then withdrew from the portal after Alford was hired and met with them.

In this case no players had entered the portal by the time Kevin Kruger was made head coach.  This week he met with them individually to discuss his expectations and where they fit in... then within days six of those players have entered the portal.  I wouldn't expect any of those players to return.

Lots of them jumped into the portal after Alford took over..He told every guy he wanted them to stay..All but Jordan Brown and Shamiel Stevensen decided to remain with the Pack..