Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

1 hour ago, FredHaygood said:

Transfer portal is like the Juco Ball of the 80s and 90s on steroids. So easy to build a team now

Yeah, this off season is going to be a free agent frenzy. Hopefully KK can get some kind of summer exhibition tour lined up to get all the new faces some time to get to know each other. 

4 hours ago, Rebels2k3 said:

Doesn't retirement basically void all buyout clauses?

If you actually retire sure but if you're claiming your retire and then you go to work at a different place during which your contract would have covered you then no

2 minutes ago, Shaker said:

If you actually retire sure but if you're claiming your retire and then you go to work at a different place during which your contract would have covered you then no

I doubt Lon will be a paid assistant. I think it will be on a volunteer basis.

This is awesome!!! By far the best UNLV coach since Tark coming back to Vegas to show lil' Krugs the ropes... I love it!!!

Hopefully he's totally comitted to making sure his son will be successful and will limit his time on the ol' golf course!

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

I heard Jhaylon Martinez's mother is going off on TJ on Twitter. I wonder if her parenting has anything to do with her son transferring to 5 different high schools and lack of work ethic. It's a shame because I think this is the new norm with parents. Never their fault it's the coach, teacher, society.

12 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

tell us how you really feel, Kyla! (not sure why that wouldn't embed)

https://twitter.com/KylahsitaMarie/status/1374881158106816512

A joke! An excuse you can’t believe a word from that mans mouth! He made so many false promises told so many false lies to every kid on the roster including the ones that followed him anyone at ISU better run! Respectfully saying beware

Her tweet won't embed because she made it private.  

14 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

I heard Jhaylon Martinez's mother is going off on TJ on Twitter. I wonder if her parenting has anything to do with her son transferring to 5 different high schools and lack of work ethic. It's a shame because I think this is the new norm with parents. Never their fault it's the coach, teacher, society.

She’s not the only parent with an axe to grind.  Otherwise, I would agree with you.

28 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

People are actively encouraged these days to have no accountability. It's always someone else's fault. Sad cuz it's been so detrimental to the development of countless players.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png