Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

14 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I have been assured on this board that only people on the left use comparisons to Nazi Germany. 

I’m not the one who suggested we force people to get the vaccine or get a bullet through their head

I work with three people. One co-worker is vaccinated like me. The other two decline the vaccine. One of those declining the vaccine is 70 years old, and said he would get vaccinated if he were forced to do so, like he was for polio back in the day. The other is younger and thinks the vaccines are part of a global conspiracy involving Bill Gates and "the Great Reset."

Anyway, it comes out today that 70-year-old's wife has to quarantine for two weeks due to being a close contact. My 70-year-old coworker is understandably concerned.

I am thankful that even if he develops COVID-19, as a fully vaccinated person I don't have to quarantine. I don't have to worry about passing something he might have to someone else.

On the other hand, I'm worried that he would develop severe symptoms. He's not in the best of health. It's also kind of bullcrap that we might have to pick up the slack at work due to his reluctance to get the vaccine. Then if he tests positive, the other employee becomes a close contact and is also out? I understand it's their choice but it sucks nonetheless.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Moderna #1 done.

A little bummed about the autism, but excited to be fluent in Russian!

Are you sure it wasn’t a “pre-existing condition”?  :P

• Like 1
3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I don't know if the brunt of blame is on FDA.  There is likely a scenario where people who wanted vaccines badly blasted through and now we are at the laissez-faire folks who will get it at convenience, and a ton more who won't get it.  In tailgate speak, some people pre-gamed way to quick, some are still taking their sweet times with their second drink, and then there is BYU.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
33 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I don't know if the brunt of blame is on FDA.  There is likely a scenario where people who wanted vaccines badly blasted through and now we are at the laissez-faire folks who will get it at convenience, and a ton more who won't get it.  In tailgate speak, some people pre-gamed way to quick, some are still taking their sweet times with their second drink, and then there is BYU.

This was expected but the press is eating it up.  At about the 50% - 60% we expected a big slow down. Talked to a hospital employee here and they were just waiting for the falloff. Now the outreach begins to remote sites, non-english speaking residents, and other groups left behind so far.   Kids can't get shots yet and many adults left, who are willing to get the shot,  deal with work schedules or consider themselves low risk and are not in a big hurry.  It will fall to the pharmacies and small clinics to finish this up now.  Mega sites will close down.  Surveys are showing up to 65% of US companies will require vaccination before returning to in person work.   Once this gets Full FDA approval in the fall then we mop up, and hopefully get to that 80% number I was hoping for.   School will be the sites once we get approval for kids.  A throwback to the old days when I got my smallpox vac  while standing in a line in the hallway outside the nurses office.

• Like 1

Got my 2nd dose of Pfizer yesterday afternoon.  Was admittedly a bit nervous hearing all the horror stories about it.  No issues whatsoever thankfully...  the arm isn’t even sore (which it was with #1).

• Like 11
On 4/9/2021 at 11:26 AM, utenation said:

I seriously think companies ran by the track suit crowd are underrated in society.

1. Zero taxes, payroll, state or federal

2. Zero HR problems or staff needed

3. Major opportunity to advance without a written plan of action or goal paperwork to be reviewed by management.

4. Heath care premiums are no problem. 

5. Retirement options are an open book with no 401K match needed.

6. Discounts at all the businesses they "run" in their turf..

There's many more, but doesn't seem like a bad gig to me if you can avoid "early termination" at said company. 

Hate to necromance this thread, but I spent 36 hours this weekend partying with the Tracksuit crowd. Those people are absolutely +++++ing nuts. What a wild time. Fuuuuck.

The peak of it all was flying high on a variety of therapeutics, and speeding 70 MPH down Fulton Avenue in an M5 driven by some low-level Russian gangster with 3 other chicks in the car on the way to North Beach while disco tracks played on the stereo.

JFC. Those dudes don't +++++ around. Ol' Joe's just glad he's alive.

• Haha 2
27 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Hate to necromance this thread, but I spent 36 hours this weekend partying with the Tracksuit crowd. Those people are absolutely +++++ing nuts. What a wild time. Fuuuuck.

The peak of it all was flying high on a variety of therapeutics, and speeding 70 MPH down Fulton Avenue in an M5 driven by some low-level Russian gangster with 3 other chicks in the car on the way to North Beach while disco tracks played on the stereo.

I thought you were a blockchain guy, not a money laundering type lawyer.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, CV147 said:

I thought you were a blockchain guy, not a money laundering type lawyer.

if we're being honest, aren't those 2 terms synonymous with one another, though?

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

if we're being honest, aren't those 2 terms synonymous with one another, though?

everyone changes GIF

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, CV147 said:

everyone changes GIF

Earlier, on Friday night, I sat on a couch in the Richmond District watching a 40-year old Bosnian cougar get into a fistfight with a 30-year old Tibetan girl who was about 4 foot-nothing. That was +++++ing wild too. I didn't intercede because they looked like two wolverines fighting to the death.

I guarantee I had the most bizarre weekend of anyone I work with.

That said, though, you wouldn't believe the crazy shit I see on a daily basis. Palling around with Ruskie criminals seems tame in comparison most of the time.

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Joe.. It’s time to be honest. You didn’t party with the tracksuit crowd, you ARE the tracksuit crowd. There’s an old saying in sports. You are what your record says you are. 

I’m a fake .  Weekend warrior at best. I have three Adidas tracksuits. At best I might see a decent party once a month.  Maybe a few of these guys running around.

9CFE3AB1-2DF7-44D8-AD5C-30F0A4192D7C.jpeg

• Haha 3
On 4/28/2021 at 2:27 PM, CV147 said:

I work with three people. One co-worker is vaccinated like me. The other two decline the vaccine. One of those declining the vaccine is 70 years old, and said he would get vaccinated if he were forced to do so, like he was for polio back in the day. The other is younger and thinks the vaccines are part of a global conspiracy involving Bill Gates and "the Great Reset."

Anyway, it comes out today that 70-year-old's wife has to quarantine for two weeks due to being a close contact. My 70-year-old coworker is understandably concerned.

I am thankful that even if he develops COVID-19, as a fully vaccinated person I don't have to quarantine. I don't have to worry about passing something he might have to someone else.

On the other hand, I'm worried that he would develop severe symptoms. He's not in the best of health. It's also kind of bullcrap that we might have to pick up the slack at work due to his reluctance to get the vaccine. Then if he tests positive, the other employee becomes a close contact and is also out? I understand it's their choice but it sucks nonetheless.

While these things do affect people in non-covid ways. like if the anti-vaccers miss work & cause others to fill the gaps........is one gripe about their lack of caring about the great whole.

I'm at the end of my patience with these people.......they opted out, if they get sick & even worse this is on them & in true libertarian fashion their fate is not my concern or care, I'm vacce'd & I got mine !! 

• Like 3
On 4/28/2021 at 9:46 AM, NVGiant said:

The anti-vaxers, mask wars, and a president completely ill-equipped to deal with something as serious as a pandemic, will be what historians use to define this moment in history. The times of bureaucratic overreach in some states and the denialism in others will be a sidebar.

I still shake my head at how masks and vaccines became politicized here. I mean, this really wasn’t the case in any other country. Had the Trump administration simply come out and clearly said the best way to get through and mitigate the risks during this pandemic is to follow these best practices and recommendations, the mindset of the Bobs and blue voodoos would have been completely different. 

• Like 9
10 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

While these things do affect people in non-covid ways. like if the anti-vaccers miss work & cause others to fill the gaps........is one gripe about their lack of caring about the great whole.

I'm at the end of my patience with these people.......they opted out, if they get sick & even worse this is on them & in true libertarian fashion their fate is not my concern or care, I'm vacce'd & I got mine !! 

My co-worker's wife is not doing well, but hopefully going through the worst of it. He said he was sicker on Thursday than he is today. Looks like I'll be picking up the slack for at least a week or two. If he tests positive then my other co-worker is out.

Sucks ass. This pandemic is a scam and a "flu" until it starts hurting people around you. I don't know why people want to find out the hard way.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

It’s personal choice.  Most who decline the vaccine are comfortable with the covid risk - 99.97% survival rate.  If you’re younger than 60 it’s even higher.  Not everyone shares the deep rooted fear and hysteria of covid like you and most in CA do.  I’m glad the vaccine has allowed some to finally leave their basement.  People are going to evaluate and assume their own risk on the matter and that’s how it should be.

16 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I still shake my head at how masks and vaccines became politicized here. I mean, this really wasn’t the case in any other country. Had the Trump administration simply come out and clearly said the best way to get through and mitigate the risks during this pandemic is to follow these best practices and recommendations, the mindset of the Bobs and blue voodoos would have been completely different. 

I'm really surprised that the Trump Administration missed out on another money making scheme with this. They could have had the MAGA Masks. 

• Haha 1