Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

The problem is that what of they are the vector for a new strain to emerge that can evade the current vaccinations and we go back to where we were with Lockdowns, masks, 

Get you vaccination @Bob @Blue voodoo

Sadly, I'm not sure most of the populace would accept another lock down of any even middling extent - think the fatigue is too much, the weather's warming up & people want to do things.............only the very cautious would probably adhere to any serious restrictions. 

Only way, maybe, that people really take things serious is if the new strain really starts killing & hospitalizing at higher rates almost black plague type of numbers :unsure:

15 minutes ago, Bob said:

Yup./ No difference at all, moron.

I mean, if you get an abortion, it can't infect other pregnant women around you and give them abortions without their consent.

So, ya know...

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

6 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

I thought the vaccine would generally end the politicization, and the politics would shift to who would get credit for it. I honestly didnt foresee anti vax sentiment getting appropriated by the far right to the level it was (though I still wonder if that is overstated and will mostly go away eventually). 

If you recall, early on Trump was all in on the vaccine. It was a race for him to get shots in arms before the election so he could declare victory. I wonder... if that had happened, or he'd have won and could call it the Trump vaccine, how do the politics change? 

So Trump reportedly got the vaccine way back in January, but then has been mostly silent.  It's too bad he is too selfish to even be bothered to try to get people out and get vaccinated. Think of all the positive publicity he could have in the South where he's so popular and could encourage people to get the needle.  Besides a half-ass phone call to Fox News.

"I would recommend it, and I would recommend it to a lot of people that don't want to get it," Trump told Fox News in a 20-minute telephone interview Tuesday.

Trump noted "a lot of those people" who don't want the vaccine "voted for me, frankly. But ... again, we have our freedoms, and we have to live by that, and I agree with that also."

Doesn't golfing the same phucking golf course everyday get old?

18 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Right, but refusing entry to a sporting event unless showing proof of vaccine or negative test?

Padres are seating people in different sections based on vaccination. Sections of vaccinated are allowed to have higher capacity than non vaxxed sections...honestly think its the best possible approach. Dont ban people without but make sure they have enough space around them to avoid spreading it at games. 

22 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Right, but refusing entry to a sporting event unless showing proof of vaccine or negative test?

I bet it will be the norm in Liberal states but banned (see Florida vaccine passport) in conservative ones.

3 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Padres are seating people in different sections based on vaccination. Sections of vaccinated are allowed to have higher capacity than non vaxxed sections...honestly think its the best possible approach. Dont ban people without but make sure they have enough space around them to avoid spreading it at games. 

That’s the thought, it will be fine for private organizations to make those decisions but then difficult for public universities.

4 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

That’s the thought, it will be fine for private organizations to make those decisions but then difficult for public universities.

I see, probably should've read through...my bad. 

Just now, NVGiant said:

Office Space No GIF

I can't wait until Nando goes yard for the 4th time the series. I'll raise a glass - or roll a joint - to toast to your onsite suffering. 

Enjoy the game! :D

Seriously tho, enjoy the game. I've hoping to get to a day game at Petco here on the next homestead.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Just now, TheSanDiegan said:

I can't wait until Nando goes yard for the 4th time the series. I'll raise a glass - or roll a joint - to toast to your onsite suffering. 

Enjoy the game! :D

Seriously tho, enjoy the game. I've hoping to get to a day game at Petco here on the next homestead.

I'm pretty excited to see him play in person. The home run he yet yesterday off Gausman in the first was ridiculous. Ball was 4 or 5 inches off the plate against a very good pitcher.

Mostly, though, I'm just excited to be in the ballpark again. The fact that the Giants are relevant at the moment, playing against a very good team is just icing. Hopefully you'll be in Petco (my second-favorite park) sooner than later. 

2 hours ago, Bob said:

oh, no, variants!!  You are mentally scarred. I'd suggest stop watching the news, man.

And screw off. My health is none of your business. You do you though

Your last name Vector by any chance?

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

3 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

cover.jpg

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

30 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Maybe he lives in Republic, Washington where 10% of the town was infected at basically one event.   Very low vaccination rate.  Having to ship people out of town to hospitals.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/indoor-events-bring-virus-outbreak-republic-washington/B5G3NJWRVRBIBK3OHFPUE3FILM/

1 minute ago, Bob said:

You've got to be kidding, right? Like are you and @NVGiantactually drawing parallels between covid and abortion (murder)?

Just the logical parallels.  Wilfully choosing to be a vector for a disease that has killed 560k fellow citizens this year is a little less morally complicated.

1 hour ago, tailingpermit said:

O I was talking about attending public universities in general; if you were just talking attending sporting events, my bad, I only skimmed the convo. Yea for sporting events I wouldn’t be surprised if requiring vaccines is a no-go for public universities.