Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

Man, this second dose has beaten me up today. 

I had a sore arm and very tired a couple of days

52 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

@smltwnrckrprefers rectal.  

I mean, I do get an ass full of BS from dipshits on here every day. So I'm sure a little ol' pill would have no problem inching its way up there. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

7 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yep, it's crazy. Two of my co-workers got their second doses the last two weeks. One had Pfizer and had much the same reaction that I'm going through right now. The other one had Moderna, and said that he slept all day on Sunday, but that was really his only side effect.

If this interferes with Whiskey Wednesday, Pfizer’s getting one hell of a shitty Yelp review. 

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

What's funny is that here, yesterday, about 90-95% of the people you'd see walking on the streets had masks on. Since that came out this morning, that percentage looks to be about 50-60% lol.

At least they left their basements.

v0icAvfW.jpg

38 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Moderna.

36 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

It’s odd how it hits different, I’m waiting for dose 2 of Pfizer and my neighbors didn’t feel a thing other than a sore arm. 

I had the two doses of Pfizer

1st shot literally felt nothing............2nd shot I got around 11 am, felt nothing until about 9pm & it was like someone slugged my arm real hard, but that was the physical side effect and it wore off by next morning..........did feel a bit fatigued in the AM hours, so I slept in some & headed to office around noon, a good two hours after my usual work departure.

Overall I think Pfizer has less side effects than Moderna - But each person will get a different result 

Tomorrow (Wednesday 4/28 around noon) I will be two weeks past 2nd shot & considered fully vacced :cheer::banana:

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Good news...  if you’re vaccinated you don’t need to wear a mask outdoors anymore!!!  

5ED.gif

Is this supposed to be a public safety concern for the MASK UP!! Karens to not freak out on you, or what?  I don't get calling something a vaccine, and then saying after 14 days post-second shot that you should still practice masks and whatnot.  

15 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Is this supposed to be a public safety concern for the MASK UP!! Karens to not freak out on you, or what?  I don't get calling something a vaccine, and then saying after 14 days post-second shot that you should still practice masks and whatnot.  

Just wear that “I’ve been vaccinated” sticker on your forehead wherever you go. 

1 hour ago, tailingpermit said:

It’s odd how it hits different, I’m waiting for dose 2 of Pfizer and my neighbors didn’t feel a thing other than a sore arm. 

That's how I was with my second does of Pfizer. A little cloudy headed, but nothing bad at all. My wife had a much rougher go with her Pfizer shot. She was knocked on her ass for about five or six hours, but then fine.

Well today was my first day vaccinating the "weirdos". I feel like the first few months was all the people who were really eager to get it. Now it's ppl on the fence or ppl whose family members made them get it that are questioning everything, not giving me medical history, not giving ins, etc. I miss the eager, excited, "thank you so much for what you do!" patients...

Also the side effect profiles for moderna and Pfizer are very similar. Just a heads up .

5 hours ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

2nd dose of Pfizer kicked my butt for about 36 hours, but now I feel fine. Seems to hit the 'younger' crowd harder. My mom, who's 78, felt completely fine both shots. I'm 51 and most of my fellow Gen-X friends are reporting the same butt kicking after the 2nd dose.

I felt great after the first Moderna dose. I only had very minor soreness in the vaccinated shoulder. We'll see about the next one a few weeks

6 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

Well today was my first day vaccinating the "weirdos". I feel like the first few months was all the people who were really eager to get it. Now it's ppl on the fence or ppl whose family members made them get it that are questioning everything, not giving me medical history, not giving ins, etc. I miss the eager, excited, "thank you so much for what you do!" patients...

Also the side effect profiles for moderna and Pfizer are very similar. Just a heads up .

Good luck ... and thanks for what you do.

44 minutes ago, Maji said:

I felt great after the first Moderna dose. I only had very minor soreness in the vaccinated shoulder. We'll see about the next one a few weeks

I had the same soreness. Was kind of glad because I hate needles but didn’t feel a thing. I was like Damn did I really get vaccinated.  When I got sore I was like yep 😀

On 4/26/2021 at 2:14 PM, soupslam1 said:

Want to get anti vaxers vaccinated? They need an incentive. Pay them $500 each.  I know dumb idea, but it would work. Plus it would stimulate the economy. 

Along with the $500, throw in a free subscription to Info Wars and some complementary dentures. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 4/26/2021 at 11:23 AM, soupslam1 said:

When historians look back on this pandemic, they are going to laugh their ass off at some of the things bureaucrats mandated. 

Maybe. But they’ll be in disbelief regarding those who chose not to get vaccinated. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

14 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

Yesterday was my first volunteer shift at the UCSD vaccination site. I’d done a number of shifts at the Petco and knew what to request. They had a big room with 24 vaccination stations. One exit. I’m standing at the exit with an orange vest for four hours. I said “please show your card to the guy down the hall in the orange vest for 15 minutes of observation” hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of times. I have a croaky voice today. Next time I’ll know better!

Definitely fewer of the happy thankful people now. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

9 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Maybe. But they’ll be in disbelief regarding those who chose not to get vaccinated. 

The anti-vaxers, mask wars, and a president completely ill-equipped to deal with something as serious as a pandemic, will be what historians use to define this moment in history. The times of bureaucratic overreach in some states and the denialism in others will be a sidebar.