Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

49 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Going on my third week since being fully vaccinated with Moderna. Zero issues since the fatigue the day after. Feels so good to not have to stress about it anymore. Looking forward to going out more and am traveling back to Idaho in June with the wife and baby.

We have also basically returned to life as normal after both being fully vaccinated. Honestly, feels more like freedom than being unvaccinated and having that worry about negatively impacting others.

6 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

We have also basically returned to life as normal after both being fully vaccinated. Honestly, feels more like freedom than being unvaccinated and having that worry about negatively impacting others.

I haven't seen my friends (all of whom are about the same age as me give or take) in like, a year and a half.  Going hiking after i get shot 2 next month and then hitting the boardwalk in santa cruz with the homies in july.

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Going on my third week since being fully vaccinated with Moderna. Zero issues since the fatigue the day after. Feels so good to not have to stress about it anymore. Looking forward to going out more and am traveling back to Idaho in June with the wife and baby.

Any guesses as to how long it’ll be before they get the Spearmint Rhino sushi buffet running again?

8 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

bureaucrats show an amazing lack of common sense.

Fify

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

10 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

I get that it could help spread/create variants, still doesn’t change anything.

Those two halves of that sentence seem to contradict one another. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

So. There's Bob level dumb, but then there's this.

The owners of an expensive Miami private school don’t want their teachers and employees getting the COVID-19 vaccine, citing a debunked anti-vaccination theory.

CBS News obtained a copy of an email sent by the Centner Academy to its parents on Monday that reads, in part:

“Until further notice, we ask any employee who has not yet taken the experimental COVID-19 injection, to wait until the end of the school year. We also recommended that all faculty and staff hold off on taking the injection until there is further research available on whether this experimental drug is impacting unvaccinated individuals. It is our policy, to the extent possible, not to employ anyone who has taken the experimental COVID-19 injection until further information is known.”

The school, which charges almost $30,000 a year per student, is run by Leila and David Centner. It’s a fairly new school, which just opened in September of 2020 and was featured in CBS4 Miami Proud segment in October of 2020.

The email appears to be tying employment to the vaccine, threatening legal action would be taken if staff lied about getting the vaccine.

Which made CBS4’s Keith Jones wonder, is this even legal?

“This is a private school. It’s not a public school. So generally a private employer in Florida can fire someone for any reason or no reason at all,” said employment lawyer Carter Sox with Gallup Auerbach.

Sox said firing someone for getting the vaccine is legal in this case. But there appears to be some recourse if fired personnel want to fight it.

“If a teacher says they have a medical condition, and it discriminates against their right to get the vaccine,” Sox said.

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/04/27/miami-private-school-centner-academy-covid-vaccinations/

3 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Do they?

Take both halves and shove them up your ass.  

Will that change anything?

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

I've heard from many people the 2nd dose is ruthless.

Yeah, it hasn't been fun. Fever, chills, body aches, headache, and extreme exhaustion. But, I'm vaccinated, and that's ultimately what matters. 

On 4/26/2021 at 8:23 AM, soupslam1 said:

When historians look back on this pandemic, they are going to laugh their ass off at some of the things bureaucrats mandated. 

hindsight is indeed 20/20

Just now, tailingpermit said:

It’s odd how it hits different, I’m waiting for dose 2 of Pfizer and my neighbors didn’t feel a thing other than a sore arm. 

Yep, it's crazy. Two of my co-workers got their second doses the last two weeks. One had Pfizer and had much the same reaction that I'm going through right now. The other one had Moderna, and said that he slept all day on Sunday, but that was really his only side effect.