Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

Who's says you cant travel?

The flight patterns out of DFW go right over my house.

Bob is a bigger snowflake than any liberal.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

37 minutes ago, Bob said:

I don't think the vaccine will do anything bad to you (hopefully, how do we know, it's still experimental), but I'm not playing along. I guess you're correct. It's my form of political protest. +++++ these greedy big pharma assholes. The 1% has increased their wealth beyond their wildest dreams due to the plandemic. My BS detector has been going off since China released those videos of people dropping like flies in the streets from covid.

Thanks for your concern. I'll take my chances of surviving this virus. I only have like a 99.99999% chance. Pray for me.

you are exceptionally bad at math

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Guest #1Stunner

A thought for @Bobto consider....

Bob, I am friends with someone who has a down-syndrome child.   If you've ever met a down-syndrome child, they exhibit true, unconditional love for people they meet, even despite their challenges.  This COVID thing has been very stressful and difficult for the boy's mom, since down syndrome individuals are at a higher risk due to COVID.    The vaccine is the first hope they've had with returning to normal.   If we get herd immunity, it will be better for higher risk communities like this child, and other people with health conditions.

Also, we all know that COVID response has been largely terrible for kids (not going to school), etc---I don't agree with all of the politics involved.  But it is the situation.

As a religious person, I believe that the COVID vaccine is not only an apparent triumph for science, but an answer to the MANY PRAYERS that were offered up, asking God to bless the efforts of those involved to find a solution to the Virus problem.  We have a miracle response, where the vaccine was created in under 1 year.   This is a true blessing, whether a person is religious or not.    

I hope people will take advantage of the blessing of the vaccine---almost all religious leaders in the United States have asked their membership to get vaccinated.   If people exhibit faith, they are usually blessed.

13 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Dude what part of yes but wearing masks until everyone gets vaccinated is an appropriate thing to do.   Not forever just for a bit longer.  

For one thing, everyone getting vaccinated is never going to happen. The vaccine isn’t yet approved for children under 16, there’s no guarantee it’ll ever be approved for kids under 12, and there remains a large number of the adult population that don’t want it or are tepid about it.

More importantly, each vaccinated person beyond a certain point exponentially reduces the spread of the virus. So each time people say a vaccinated persons life can’t go back to normal until some ill defined point in the future, those lukewarm to the idea are left with even fewer reasons to go get the stick. It is so much more unhelpful and not beneficial for the goal of overcoming the virus than theatrically continuing to wear a mask when you have virtually zero chance of catching or spreading the disease.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

8 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

For one thing, everyone getting vaccinated is never going to happen. The vaccine isn’t yet approved for children under 16, there’s no guarantee it’ll ever be approved for kids under 12, and there remains a large number of the adult population that don’t want it or are tepid about it.

More importantly, each vaccinated person beyond a certain point exponentially reduces the spread of the virus. So each time people say a vaccinated persons life can’t go back to normal until some ill defined point in the future, those lukewarm to the idea are left with even fewer reasons to go get the stick. It is so much more unhelpful and not beneficial for the goal of overcoming the virus than theatrically continuing to wear a mask when you have virtually zero chance of catching or spreading the disease.

If I had to guess, it will definitely get approved for kids aged 6 or 7-11 at some point, although I doubt it gets a EUA so we might be talking at least a year from now. Under 6, maybe not. It’s hard for kids that young to contract it, and even if they do symptoms are so rare that it might not even be warranted.

22 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Yes I get that.  More accurately those who want to be vaccinated are vaccinated.   It’s not a huge inconvenience.  

2 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

The point is if everyone gets vaccinated, all of this (should) go away: "still have to wear your mask. Still can't travel. Still can't go to concerts, museums. Still can hug or see your grandma. Hell, in Oregon they have an indefinite mask mandate now. How long before you can walk around with a bare face in public? 1 more year, 5 more, never?"

Except for Oergonians apparently?

Every state I have seen reported on (except Oregon apparently?) has committed to lifting all restrictions once a certain percentage vaccinated is achieved. So people refusing to be vaccinated are the ones contributing to lengthening these restrictions.

Oregon's "indefinite mask mandate" is one of those deals where if you listen to the national media, and not local media, you are going to be led astray. No, Oregon doesn't want to extend mask mandates permanently. The state's regulatory agency is barred from extending the existing temporary mandate beyond the May 4 end date. So state OSHA plans to make it a permanent mandate, which they are allowed to do, and then repeal it. This has been reported on extensively here for weeks, but just made national news this week. It's not ideal, but it isn't what it is being portrayed either.

161523660_3984392204916756_2789548773983501319_n.jpg.d291a148de873498e7fdeb018b162b68.jpg162224930_3984392221583421_2532733786920757442_n.jpg.7bd277eb1e954f14704c84925cf104d9.jpg

37 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

If I had to guess, it will definitely get approved for kids aged 6 or 7-11 at some point, although I doubt it gets a EUA so we might be talking at least a year from now. Under 6, maybe not. It’s hard for kids that young to contract it, and even if they do symptoms are so rare that it might not even be warranted.

The limited data also shows that long before the young kids will get it we will reach something close to herd immunity.  Israel was at the beginning of a similar post-wave plateau on March 8th when they hit 42% of the population fully vaccinated.73C446F0-1A8B-4A8C-A04C-21DF68EF9A2F.png.85105b4ff5f1715040941423da5a665b.png

Since then between the fully vaccinated, partially vaccinated, and those with antibodies from already having had the disease; the disease has very few places to go and the rate of transmission gets exponentially smaller. Get the needle as soon as you can, this is the only thing we should be talking about. Everything else has nothing to with science or fighting the pandemic. It’s just fighting with Bob for the sake of fighting with Bob.

Hey @Bob, I need you on the team. Get the vaccine and you can be right forever about how useless masks were. I’ll never say another word in their defense, you can dunk on me as much as you like and I will bow down saying I’m not worthy, I promise. Just get the stick, it ain’t bad at all, and you’ll be helping a lot of people.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The limited data also shows that long before the young kids will get it we will reach something close to herd immunity.  Israel was at the beginning of a similar post-wave plateau on March 8th when they hit 42% of the population fully vaccinated.73C446F0-1A8B-4A8C-A04C-21DF68EF9A2F.png.85105b4ff5f1715040941423da5a665b.png

Since then between the fully vaccinated, partially vaccinated, and those with antibodies from already having had the disease; the disease has very few places to go and the rate of transmission gets exponentially smaller. Get the needle as soon as you can, this is the only thing we should be talking about. Everything else has nothing to with science or fighting the pandemic. It’s just fighting with Bob for the sake of fighting with Bob.

Hey @Bob, I need you on the team. Get the vaccine and you can be right forever about how useless masks were. I’ll never say another word in their defense, you can dunk on me as much as you like and I will bow down saying I’m not worthy, I promise. Just get the stick, it ain’t bad at all, and you’ll be helping a lot of people.

If these shots are annual or bi-annual I think it’ll be almost 100% chance they get approved for elementary school aged kids. 

18 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Like hell it’s not, this whole experience has been like listening to the parents in Charlie Brown’s Christmas for the past year.  

I find it amazing the same group against Women breastfeeding in public because a nipple might be exposed are the same group protesting the “imposition” of a mask.  F’ing hypocrites.  They are today’s Pharisees and Sadducees.

11 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Oregon's "indefinite mask mandate" is one of those deals where if you listen to the national media, and not local media, you are going to be led astray. No, Oregon doesn't want to extend mask mandates permanently. The state's regulatory agency is barred from extending the existing temporary mandate beyond the May 4 end date. So state OSHA plans to make it a permanent mandate, which they are allowed to do, and then repeal it. This has been reported on extensively here for weeks, but just made national news this week. It's not ideal, but it isn't what it is being portrayed either.

161523660_3984392204916756_2789548773983501319_n.jpg.d291a148de873498e7fdeb018b162b68.jpg162224930_3984392221583421_2532733786920757442_n.jpg.7bd277eb1e954f14704c84925cf104d9.jpg

Perma-masks? No problem.

- @mugtang

5C2C8840-313C-4E20-A25E-7B36CBF4531D.jpeg.719d32cff14fc8a91be4899449f64ee9.jpeg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, RSF said:

Who's says you cant travel?

The flight patterns out of DFW go right over my house.

Bob is a bigger snowflake than any liberal.

The extreme elements on both sides are just mirror images of each other. They are in a permanent state of affliction.

15 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I find it amazing the same group against Women breastfeeding in public because a nipple might be exposed are the same group protesting the “imposition” of a mask.  F’ing hypocrites.  They are today’s Pharisees and Sadducees.

Free the nipple!

I just have a 60% hearing loss and it makes talking to people a major pain in the ass even with hearing aids.  Then add the plexiglass and it’s like, maybe I should just walk around with a dry erase board.  

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

The extreme elements on both sides are just mirror images of each other. They are in a permanent state of affliction.

I've always said that the only difference between the dogmatics at each end of the spectrum are the things that they whine about.  They arent interested in solutions to problems that dont fit their narrow view on the world.  They preferring bitching when they dont get their way.   2 sides of the same coin.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.