Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

At least we’ve gotten past the fake remorse you guys used to throw up on here. 

If people can't handle a little needle in the arm, they can't handle their shootin' irons :oldman: 

54 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

You’re in an argument where a guy thought murder warrants against the unvaccinated next year was a good idea. You’re not on the side of consideration for others here. Tell people get vaccinated and go live their lives because to quote the The senior scholar of Johns Hopkins, parroting the head of the CDC, "As the CDC director has stated, the new study provides real-world evidence that shows that if you are fully vaccinated, you are virtually unable to be infected with the virus or serve as a vector of spread.”

In your own article......

But a spokesperson for the CDC has provided some clarity about what Dr. Walensky said on Maddow's show, telling The New York Times that "Dr. Walensky spoke broadly during this interview. It's possible that some people who are fully vaccinated could get COVID-19. The evidence isn't clear whether they can spread the virus to others. We are continuing to evaluate the evidence."

And so, the CDC is still recommending that fully vaccinated people follow its COVID-19 safety guidelines, which include avoiding medium- or large-sized gatherings and wearing a mask in public. Especially because, while public health experts believe that the latest study suggests that vaccinated people can't pass on the virus since they do not contract it in the first place, it's still something that the CDC needs to confirm. That's because the CDC is still learning, through studies and real-word situations, just how well COVID-19 vaccines keep people from spreading the disease. "Early data show that the vaccines may help keep people from spreading COVID-19, but we are learning more as more people get vaccinated," the agency says.

56 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

You’re in an argument where a guy thought murder warrants against the unvaccinated next year was a good idea. You’re not on the side of consideration for others here. Tell people get vaccinated and go live their lives because to quote the The senior scholar of Johns Hopkins, parroting the head of the CDC, "As the CDC director has stated, the new study provides real-world evidence that shows that if you are fully vaccinated, you are virtually unable to be infected with the virus or serve as a vector of spread.”

And no I didn’t support his statements and asked why he cared.  But I also don’t think at the moment if you are vaccinated you should stop wearing masks.  

44 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Totally how it went down Bundy Jr. 

Dude, on top of being crazy as +++++, you’re a liar. Lol

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

17 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

In your own article......

But a spokesperson for the CDC has provided some clarity about what Dr. Walensky said on Maddow's show, telling The New York Times that "Dr. Walensky spoke broadly during this interview. It's possible that some people who are fully vaccinated could get COVID-19. The evidence isn't clear whether they can spread the virus to others. We are continuing to evaluate the evidence."

And so, the CDC is still recommending that fully vaccinated people follow its COVID-19 safety guidelines, which include avoiding medium- or large-sized gatherings and wearing a mask in public. Especially because, while public health experts believe that the latest study suggests that vaccinated people can't pass on the virus since they do not contract it in the first place, it's still something that the CDC needs to confirm. That's because the CDC is still learning, through studies and real-word situations, just how well COVID-19 vaccines keep people from spreading the disease. "Early data show that the vaccines may help keep people from spreading COVID-19, but we are learning more as more people get vaccinated," the agency says.

Sweet Jesus, of course some people that are fully vaccinated can get Covid. That’s what those efficacy rates mean, 90 or 95 times out of 100 it works. People can still get the measles and the bubonic plague, too. That doesn’t mean we continue to live as if an untreatable pandemic is raging forever. It’s not that anymore.

Get stuck, both times if that’s the vaccine that you chose, and then move on with your life.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Sweet Jesus, of course some people that are fully vaccinated can get Covid. That’s what those efficacy rates mean, 90 or 95 times out of 100 it works. People can still get the measles and the bubonic plague, too. That doesn’t mean we continue to live as if an untreatable pandemic is raging forever. It’s not that anymore.

Get stuck, both times if that’s the vaccine that you chose, and then move on with your life.

Man lawlor, you’re waiting your time with that loon. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 hours ago, sactowndog said:

No need. They aren’t really hurting those who are vaccinated

In the sense that they’re providing an opportunity for viral mutation, they’re ultimately hurting everyone. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

3 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Dude what part of yes but wearing masks until everyone gets vaccinated is an appropriate thing to do.   Not forever just for a bit longer.  

6 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

So, when I'm walking down the street maskless, I routinely come up on people wearing masks who give me nasty, nasty looks in an effort to, what I assume is, shame me for not doing so, and hoping that I internalize the shame to the point I walk off the sidewalk and walk down the middle of the street to convenience them.

So my question is this...what has a higher likelihood of causing bodily harm? Walking down the sidewalk next to a maskless person or said maskless person walking down the middle of the street so as to not inconvenience you? Because I'd think there's a far higher likelihood of seriously bodily injury being incurred by being hit by a car while walking down the middle of a busy street than dying of contracting some illness by walking past someone.

I was on a hike on a popular trail the other day, and folks were wearing masks.  And some would legit pull up their bandanas and neck gaiters (proven to do nothing) as we crossed paths and then give me a look because I am not wearing a mask on the trail.  For some, the psychological damage has been done, and they are repulsed by even CDC agreed upon scenarios of someone without a mask.  

39 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I was on a hike on a popular trail the other day, and folks were wearing masks.  And some would legit pull up their bandanas and neck gaiters (proven to do nothing) as we crossed paths and then give me a look because I am not wearing a mask on the trail.  For some, the psychological damage has been done, and they are repulsed by even CDC agreed upon scenarios of someone without a mask.  

Well the opposite happens too. I always pull my mask up when crossing paths with someone if the trail is narrow. In East County you frequently get looks of disgust when you do so. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

7 minutes ago, Bob said:

Just learned this the other day, but Moderna's covid mRNA vaccine is the ONLY product that Moderna has ever released to the public. What a stroke of luck for Moderna to have been developing this type of technology and happen to have a global pandemic which requires this exact type of technology for a vaccine! wow! What foresight by their billionaire investors to make a company five years ago that would study the exact type of thing that would theoretically solve such a global pandemic. Not one shot, but two, and likely boosters! Cha-ching!! Their investors have got to be giddy at their good fortune and fortuitous timing. Not weird at all!

You really can’t be that dense Bob. Do you remember the SARS outbreak in 2003? That outbreak is what started the research for this vaccine. Quit spouting a debunked talking point. There has been 18 years of work on this vaccine. It wasn’t concocted in a year. 

14 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

These snowflake What About Bob types are out of control.  They expect 0 risk in life.   Of course the freaking vaccine isn’t 100% and some will get covid.  That shouldn’t surprise anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together.

v0icAvfW.jpg

10 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Common sense has gone completely out the window with this pandemic.  These are the same folks that scream SCIENCE! to the masses too.

v0icAvfW.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, Bob said:

Just learned this the other day, but Moderna's covid mRNA vaccine is the ONLY product that Moderna has ever released to the public. What a stroke of luck for Moderna to have been developing this type of technology and happen to have a global pandemic which requires this exact type of technology for a vaccine! wow! What foresight by their billionaire investors to make a company five years ago that would study the exact type of thing that would theoretically solve such a global pandemic. Not one shot, but two, and likely boosters! Cha-ching!! Their investors have got to be giddy at their good fortune and fortuitous timing. Not weird at all!

Bob, 

Just being honest, but you're position on the vaccine (fear-mongering and anti-vaxxer) seems grounded in your politics rather than any conviction on the science.   Are you sure that you aren't just being anti-vaccine, just to be politically principled (i.e., aligned with the right wing???).   

On the other hand the 10 Democrats vs Bob dynamic is also playing out, where the same 10 Democrats on here are trying to use you as a vicarious punching bag for the right wingers that they despise so much.  That is kind of pathetic as well.  

Bob, for your family's sake (I'm talking Bob Sr, your older parents / grandparents) I hope you change your mind and get vaccinated.

50 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

These snowflake What About Bob types are out of control.  They expect 0 risk in life.   Of course the freaking vaccine isn’t 100% and some will get covid.  That shouldn’t surprise anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together.

yes the problem with massive swaths of the country not believing in vaccines is the people complaining about them

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Guest #1Stunner
22 minutes ago, Bob said:

I don't think the vaccine will do anything bad to you (hopefully, how do we know, it's still experimental), but I'm not playing along. I guess you're correct. It's my form of political protest. +++++ these greedy big pharma assholes. The 1% has increased their wealth beyond their wildest dreams due to the plandemic. My BS detector has been going off since China released those videos of people dropping like flies in the streets from covid.

Thanks for your concern. I'll take my chances of surviving this virus. I only have like a 99.99999% chance. Pray for me.

I don't think it will likely affect you since you are younger (I think) and breath clean Wyoming air.

But if you are carrying the virus, and around older people, or people that are higher risk, I think it could harm them unintentionally.   That is why many people are getting vaccinated.  To help their family members, not just themselves. .

1 minute ago, Bob said:

What's the point. They say you still have to wear your mask. Still can't travel. Still can't go to concerts, museums. Still can hug or see your grandma. Hell, in Oregon they have an indefinite mask mandate now. How long before you can walk around with a bare face in public? 1 more year, 5 more, never?

The point is if everyone gets vaccinated, all of this (should) go away: "still have to wear your mask. Still can't travel. Still can't go to concerts, museums. Still can hug or see your grandma. Hell, in Oregon they have an indefinite mask mandate now. How long before you can walk around with a bare face in public? 1 more year, 5 more, never?"

Except for Oergonians apparently?

Every state I have seen reported on (except Oregon apparently?) has committed to lifting all restrictions once a certain percentage vaccinated is achieved. So people refusing to be vaccinated are the ones contributing to lengthening these restrictions.