Jump to content
Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

  1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

    • I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

The J&J one hasn't killed me yet.

Pretty short-sighted to stop all distribution over what is essentially a non-percentage IMO.

Especially since only women are experiencing the issue.  Let males know the risk and let them decide and sign a waiver.  Don't let it go to waste if you don't need to.  Perhaps do a slight percentage adjustment on the other two for a higher number of women.  There is a solution here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had an appointment to get the J&J one shot vaccine on April 23rd, but I was able to move it up to this Friday the 16th. B)

https://vaccinefinder.org/

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, crixus said:

I had an appointment to get the J&J one shot vaccine on April 23rd, but I was able to move it up to this Friday the 16th. B)

https://vaccinefinder.org/

Not if you live in CA as of now.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/California-counties-pause-J-J-vaccine-on-US-16097652.php

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, crixus said:

I had an appointment to get the J&J one shot vaccine on April 23rd, but I was able to move it up to this Friday the 16th. B)

https://vaccinefinder.org/

Thanks, I think I am going to have to probably fly into the USA to get a vaccine...maybe Los Angeles because it has some good flights.  I need to get J&J, though, so I don't have to fly back.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my first shot over the weekend, 2nd coming up on May 1st. Only thing I've noticed is an overwhelming need to use Microsoft products. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2021 at 10:15 AM, Joe from WY said:

Reminds me of the dudes you see hanging around on the corners of the Richmond District. Or the Bulgarians who have set up shop in Southern Humboldt...

I ended up in the back room of a MJ dispensary years ago in SOMA that was run by the tracksuit crowd talking shop with the ownership. That was one of the stranger conversations I've ever had with any group of people for any length of time.

I got drunk and into a subsequent contentious conversation with two Afrikaners on a cruise ship during, and over, apartheid. It felt weird at the time. They weren't in tracksuits tho; they just sounded like they should have been.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 5:16 PM, Stealthlobo said:

24 hours after the shot is when most ppl have side effects. I recommend pre-medicating with an NSAID (ibuprofen or naproxen) AND acetaminophen before your interview so you'll prevent feeling too bad during it.

And as no one's doctor, I recommend self-medicating with homegrown weed both before, and during, and hell, afterwards too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I do live in California and I have an email confirmation for my appointment (made it yesterday - moved up from 23rd to 16th).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, crixus said:

I do live in California and I have an email confirmation for my appointment (made it yesterday - moved up from 23rd to 16th).

They just announced the suspension of J&J shots in the whole state about 2 hours ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

And as no one's doctor, I recommend self-medicating with homegrown weed both before, and during, and hell, afterwards too.

That and a six-pack of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale will get you through the worst of it, in my experience.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maji said:

Better alive than dead :)

Those poor .01% ’ers!!!  Let’s not over-dramatize this.  A huge % of the truly vulnerable to covid are already vaccinated (nearly 75% as of April 2nd).  The death rates for the remaining population are extremely low.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

They just announced the suspension of J&J shots in the whole state about 2 hours ago.

Yikes. That's a shitload of money down the tubes.  Utah has mostly Moderna, pretty sure. I asked the med tech while getting my shot about why no J&J..  He said supply and mostly the homeless get the J&J shot for obvious reasons. This was before the discovery of the recent J&J issues.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

That and a six-pack of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale will get you through the worst of it, in my experience.

A good West Coast pale ale/IPA would have been a great snake oil in the 19th century, a thought that made me think of this song:

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Those poor .01% ’ers!!!  Let’s not over-dramatize this.  A huge % of the truly vulnerable to covid are already vaccinated (nearly 75% as of April 2nd).  The death rates for the remaining population are extremely low.

You know this shit causes ED right? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9225992

I was wait and see mode until I found out about the potential for ED and then suddenly I was like...how soon can I inject this miracle into my veins?

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, utenation said:

Yikes. That's a shitload of money down the tubes.  Utah has mostly Moderna, pretty sure. I asked the med tech while getting my shot about why no J&J..  He said supply and mostly the homeless get the J&J shot for obvious reasons. This was before the discovery of the recent J&J issues.

The vast majority of vaccination sites around here right now are using the 2-dose ones. There was a huge dump of J&Js at the Coliseum/Federal site, but, that was pretty much the only place they were at. It was also the easiest place to get an appointment at for a bit too, because of the large amount of vaccines they ended up with. I personally wanted a 2-shot one, but it was impossible (and still is unless you want to drive out to Turlock or something) to find a 2-shot appointment around here, and I just wanted it over with.

That said, given it's relatively limited use, I don't know what kind of effect this will really have here. It's definitely a huge waste of money though, and a dumb one at that, given how miniscule the occurrences of these clotting issues apparently are.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...