Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

So my brother just told me I’m a goner b/c I got the mRNA vaccine and my body is going to produce spike protein in perpetuity until my body decides to fight it off, resulting in a horrible autoimmune disease.  He’s not the only one telling me that either.  It was nice knowing you all.  

v0icAvfW.jpg

All of my friends have received their vaccine shots already including myself. We are the same age give or take 1-2 years and out of the 12 of us only 1 got the J&J. He had the most adverse reactions compared to the rest of us. He had nausea, vomiting, cramping, diarrhea, chills, body aches, and light headedness for 2 days. Those of us that got Moderna and Pfizer only got body aches, chills, and a sore arm for a day and a half. Maybe because it's a 1 shot vaccine is the reason why people are struggling with it. Is it a stronger potency compared to the others? I don't know anything about the J&J formula. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

40 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

All of my friends have received their vaccine shots already including myself. We are the same age give or take 1-2 years and out of the 12 of us only 1 got the J&J. He had the most adverse reactions compared to the rest of us. He had nausea, vomiting, cramping, diarrhea, chills, body aches, and light headedness for 2 days. Those of us that got Moderna and Pfizer only got body aches, chills, and a sore arm for a day and a half. Maybe because it's a 1 shot vaccine is the reason why people are struggling with it. Is it a stronger potency compared to the others? I don't know anything about the J&J formula. 

J&J uses a weakened cold virus to pass the spike protein info onto cells.

The mRNA vaccines (Moderna  and Pfizer) use straight mRNA wrapped in nanolipids. The nanolipids allow the mRNA to pass into the cell, but are very sensitive to heat and that's why the vaccines have to be kept so cold.

Beyond that, I don't think there's much difference.

2 hours ago, Maji said:

What the hell is this garbage? This decision will cost lives.

That’s a tough one. You shouldn’t bury the blood clotting issues, and you need to take a closer look in case there is a larger issue that hasn’t yet been detected. But pausing is a disaster. All I can say is this better be a short pause. 

JMO - I think the pause on J&J is overblown.  Pfizer and Moderna still represent the vast majority of the vaccines being given.  A concern, but not a disaster.  The mantra 'better safe than sorry' has always been part of all this.  This is no different.  And this is the exact same type of issue that AstraZeneca encountered in Europe - and AZ and J&J are both  adenovector vaccines.  A connection worth investigating.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

12 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

So my brother just told me I’m a goner b/c I got the mRNA vaccine and my body is going to produce spike protein in perpetuity until my body decides to fight it off, resulting in a horrible autoimmune disease.  He’s not the only one telling me that either.  It was nice knowing you all.  

Despite our differences, it’s been nice knowing you. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

2 hours ago, RSF said:

The mantra 'better safe than sorry' has always been part of all this

The safe thing is getting as many people vaccinated as possible. Extra people will likely die because of this decision. Even if the delay is brief, it may increase vaccine hesitancy

Just now, Maji said:

The safe thing is getting as many people vaccinated as possible. Extra people will die because of this decision. Even if tte delay is brief, it may increase vaccine hesitancy

And that hesitancy is going to happen regardless.  People will hear 'blood clot' and freak.  Human nature.

Better safe than sorry.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

5 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

The J&J one hasn't killed me yet.

Pretty short-sighted to stop all distribution over what is essentially a non-percentage IMO.

Especially since only women are experiencing the issue.  Let males know the risk and let them decide and sign a waiver.  Don't let it go to waste if you don't need to.  Perhaps do a slight percentage adjustment on the other two for a higher number of women.  There is a solution here.