Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

52 minutes ago, Naggsty Butler said:

J&J.

I'm currently staying home from work today because I feel extremely exhausted. Can't focus. Just want to stay in bed. Maybe a tiny bit nauseous. 

3 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Moderna.

It just depends on the individual I guess. My in-laws are in the 70s, got J&J with no side effects at all. My parents are in their 80s, got Moderna with no side effects at all.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

It just depends on the individual I guess. My in-laws are in the 70s, got J&J with no side effects at all. My parents are in their 80s, got Moderna with no side effects at all.

Yep, you never who will or won't have problems.  My dad had minimal problems. My 23 y/o niece was worse than me.

I hope you get to skip the symptoms.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, Naggsty Butler said:

J&J.

I'm currently staying home from work today because I feel extremely exhausted. Can't focus. Just want to stay in bed. Maybe a tiny bit nauseous. 

I feel like this most days!

14 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I just checked the "i suffer from homelessness" box and got an appointment on Wednesday for the J&J vaccine at the Coliseum. Pretty excited to get it over with.

We had that option too. Only issue is, once they get to the clinic they get a free bus ticket to Vegas, Denver or Boise and 50 bucks loaded on their food stamp card. 

23 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I just checked the "i suffer from homelessness" box and got an appointment on Wednesday for the J&J vaccine at the Coliseum. Pretty excited to get it over with.

Surprised at the Coliseum they didnt just assume you were homeless.

7 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Well, they had other options I figured I could possibly pull off, like  "farm or agriculture worker",

On the news, I was wondering why Farmersonly.com had a marketing booth down there. 

At this point I’m channeling my inner Mathew McConaughey from Wolf of Wall Street when it comes to vaccines:

”Name of the game, move the vaccine juice from syringes in to arms as quickly as possible.”

”Right, but if we strictly follow California’s micromanaged rollout it’s more advantageous for everybody, correct?”

*shakes head* ”No”

11 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

That's where I'm at too...and honestly, the only reason I looked into it was because a local I was chatting with mentioned that same sentiment, that "they just want to get as many people through right now" and they encouraged me to look into it. So I did...I tried to find a 2-dose one because I honestly wanted one of those more, but, near-misses aside, those were impossible to land. But the Coliseum is just putting out as many 1-shots as possible right now, and just re-opened with the 1-shot variety, and has all kinds of availability through the 11th (when the county told them they have to close) so I just jumped on the first available appointment.

Yea once the J&J got approved and production ramped up I was thinking it would just be better to “open up the floodgates”, so to speak. Especially since despite California’s best efforts we haven’t been able to roll this thing out equitably anyway. 

On 3/16/2021 at 5:24 PM, Bob said:

Oh no, bob won’t get a vaccine that’s killed .003% of the world’s population. Of those like all of them already have one foot in the grave.If you think that makes one ‘the most selfish person’ then you have issues and need to stop thinking about it and go do something for someone. Something meaningful

Not really surprising, but you suck at math.

In the US there have been 550,000 deaths from covid this year in a population of 330M, which is .167% of the population, or about 1 in every 600 people in this country have died from covid in a year.

Not sure why you would refer to worldwide rather than US, but 2.85M deaths worldwide would be .036% of world population killed by covid.

Off by a factor of 12 worldwide and 55.5 in the US.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Just now, Bob said:

Not surprising that you didn’t get the point. 

a bunch of really old, really sick people died and the world didn’t come to an end. 

I get your point that you don't care about the people who died because most are old or not in perfect health, and it is fine to share that as your opinion, but quit spreading false statistics with it.  

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

10 minutes ago, Bob said:

Some really old, really sick people died and the world didn’t come to an end. 

@Mano

You'll never convince bob that some really young healthy ppl died too. Just be happy that we are doing better, the death rate is much lower, and the country is slowly reopening. It's easier to just acknowledge his areas of belief and move on.

It's super encouraging how science has prevailed and how high the interest in the vaccine is despite all the doubters and hydroxychloroquine/trump followers.

47 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

@Mano

You'll never convince bob that some really young healthy ppl died too. Just be happy that we are doing better, the death rate is much lower, and the country is slowly reopening. It's easier to just acknowledge his areas of belief and move on.

It's super encouraging how science has prevailed and how high the interest in the vaccine is despite all the doubters and hydroxychloroquine/trump followers.

Bob thinks he’s really proving his point by posting that 80% of all hospitalized Covid patients are overweight. When presented with the fact that 75% of Americans are overweight? Crickets...

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 hour ago, Mano said:

Not really surprising, but you suck at math.

In the US there have been 550,000 deaths from covid this year in a population of 330M, which is .167% of the population, or about 1 in every 600 people in this country have died from covid in a year.

Not sure why you would refer to worldwide rather than US, but 2.85M deaths worldwide would be .036% of world population killed by covid.

Off by a factor of 12 worldwide and 55.5 in the US.

Speaking of statistics.. My bet is Bob has 11 years of education tops. The sad part is, there's millions of his kind running around and actually vote...

1 hour ago, Mano said:

I get your point that you don't care about the people who died because most are old or not in perfect health, and it is fine to share that as your opinion, but quit spreading false statistics with it.  

Lol. That’s all he’s done for more than a year now. He’ll create whatever statistic he needs to keep his narrative going.

Seeing more people not wearing masks in the grocery store than ever before, older people so I’m guessing they’ve been vaccinated.  

If a store has a mask policy I will continue to wear one even after being vaccinated.   

Bob does love creating his own narratives.  

giphy.gif

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

12 hours ago, Bob said:

Some really old, really sick people died and the world didn’t come to an end. 

And we all had to wear masks and everyone missed out on some special events...

and the "world didn't come to an end" :shrug: