Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

Here in Japan as a government employee I didn't think I'd be getting the vaccine until I got back to the states. Military service members had priority, and that was really all the people in charge cared about. Civilians were not a concern. There were a few days where they told us there was a surplus of vaccines and we might be able to get one, but it never worked out. Then today, midway through the day, my boss gave us all vaccine questionnaires and told us all to head over to the base gym so we could get vaccinated. I got the J&J shot, which means no return visit!  Not was effective as the others but, only one shot and after 8 weeks it reaches high effectiveness. So excited about it. We'll see if I have any side effects. 

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

5 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I get my second Pfizer shot tomorrow. Anybody here react badly to the second Pfizer shot? 

My wife felt feverish about 24 hours after the shot. Only lasted a couple hours. By the next morning she was good as new.

11 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I get my second Pfizer shot tomorrow. Anybody here react badly to the second Pfizer shot? 

I recommend tylenol and NSAID therapy to decrease the muscle pain, chills, and fever

Changed my votr to “fully vaccinated” as received my second Moderna dose a couple of hours ago. So far, no side effects. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

30 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Changed my votr to “fully vaccinated” as received my second Moderna dose a couple of hours ago. So far, no side effects. 

Feeling great!

the twilight zone cyclops GIF

5 minutes ago, utenation said:

@BSUTOP25 make sure to wear sunblock this summer and you left your sunglasses at the strip club again. 

5B062A31-3B55-4EAD-8EF3-0F956B70AB46.jpeg

I would love those and a thick roll of 20s. Nothin like having a third eye at a titty bar. 

I took a tylenol a few hours before I went to bed in case the the symptoms popped up. Well, 6 hours later, the tylenol wore off and I woke up with pretty intense chills. I took some more tylenol and they went away and I fell back to sleep. I feel fine right now, but I'll keep the tylenol on me in case it decides to wear off while I'm at work.

Just a word of warning, if you ever find yourself with really bad chills and you have to pee, good luck. Be prepared to do some wall cleaning.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

I’m six hours in now on my second dose of Moderna and have had zero symptoms. Not even a sore arm this time. 

Got my first Moderna shot Easter Sunday.  Felt fine all day yesterday but today I have a mild but lingering headache that I cannot get rid of.  Injection site soreness is significantly more than the annual flu shot.  So far typical reactions to the first shot for me.

I'm waiting to get the Johnson & Johnson one dose vaccination.

33 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I’m six hours in now on my second dose of Moderna and have had zero symptoms. Not even a sore arm this time. 

I don't want to ruin your day, but I got the 2nd dose Friday morning and I was fine all day.  At 2 am I woke up with "digestive issues."

I felt shitty all day Saturday, like I had the stomach flu, which was fine because all I had to do was watch the FF.

I hope you do better than I did.  I know people who barely had any symptoms following the 2nd dose and others who were sicker than me.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

You might be dead by then. 

I just made an appointment for April 23rd. I've been checking online for the past few weeks and it's always been the two dose vaccination. Well, I just checked today and got the go ahead for the one dose vaccination. My Brother got the one dose shot two weeks ago and he lives 60 miles or so away, so I figured it was just a matter of time before it got here. https://vaccinefinder.org/

2 hours ago, Naggsty Butler said:

I took a tylenol a few hours before I went to bed in case the the symptoms popped up. Well, 6 hours later, the tylenol wore off and I woke up with pretty intense chills. I took some more tylenol and they went away and I fell back to sleep. I feel fine right now, but I'll keep the tylenol on me in case it decides to wear off while I'm at work.

Just a word of warning, if you ever find yourself with really bad chills and you have to pee, good luck. Be prepared to do some wall cleaning.

Which vaccine?

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I don't want to ruin your day, but I got the 2nd dose Friday morning and I was fine all day.  At 2 am I woke up with "digestive issues."

I felt shitty all day Saturday, like I had the stomach flu, which was fine because all I had to do was watch the FF.

I hope you do better than I did.  I know people who barely had any symptoms following the 2nd dose and others who were sicker than me.

Which vaccine? 

5 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Which vaccine?

Which vaccine? 

J&J.

I'm currently staying home from work today because I feel extremely exhausted. Can't focus. Just want to stay in bed. Maybe a tiny bit nauseous. 

l.jpg