Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

I got the Pfizer vaccine on day one and the second shot on Jan 10th or so. Thankfully, I was second in line and not first because every media outlet in the city had a camera on the guy in front of me. :D

55 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

I got the Pfizer vaccine on day one and the second shot on Jan 10th or so. Thankfully, I was second in line and not first because every media outlet in the city had a camera on the guy in front of me. :D

Day 1 in your city/state? My gf finished her Pfizer series the end of December so maybe Colorado was doing earlier. Anyways, it's a good feeling being protected.

32 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

Day 1 in your city/state? My gf finished her Pfizer series the end of December so maybe Colorado was doing earlier. Anyways, it's a good feeling being protected.

Day one in the whole world!! 

Day one in Houston, which was Dec 28. Did your gf get the first dose at the end of December. December 14th was the fist day it was available anywhere (to those not in the tests) and the medical folk suggest 21 days between the first and second shots, though some people got theirs sooner (I got my second dose on day 17), so the second dose by the end of December is pretty quick. Look, what I'm getting at here is that I have a ribbon saying I was first, so I'm here to stand up for the legitimacy of my claim and to do that, I have to shoot holes in your claim. Can we please get on the same page here??

7 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Day one in the whole world!! 

Day one in Houston, which was Dec 28. Did your gf get the first dose at the end of December. December 14th was the fist day it was available anywhere (to those not in the tests) and the medical folk suggest 21 days between the first and second shots, though some people got theirs sooner (I got my second dose on day 17), so the second dose by the end of December is pretty quick. Look, what I'm getting at here is that I have a ribbon saying I was first, so I'm here to stand up for the legitimacy of my claim and to do that, I have to shoot holes in your claim. Can we please get on the same page here??

Heh, sounds good. 

She's an ER nurse and got her first around Dec 10th, second I thought was right after Xmas, but maybe it was right after New Years. I know she was one of the first in the country to receive it.

1 minute ago, Stealthlobo said:

Heh, sounds good. 

She's an ER nurse and got her first around Dec 10th, second I thought was right after Xmas, but maybe it was right after New Years. I know she was one of the first in the country to receive it.

These claims are outrageous!! Do you want to fight for this ribbon right now? Where are you right this second??

My understanding is that CA is going to be all 16+ beginning later this week.

In my county, I have received multiple emails in the past week or so that various public clinics had enough spaces to allow people in lower tiers in. So in my county, it's ben 16+ for at least some people for at least a week. I don't know if that's bad (meaning people who can get the vaccine are still not getting/don't want it) or good (the program is successful at getting shots into arms).

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

19 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

I didn't say I wasn't my friend. :D

The poll asked the question ' are you planning to get vaccinated '.....no, I do not have my vaccination date planned.

Plus , Florida just made it available for everyone over 16 starting in a week or so. At 17, I was sweating when I could get it.:ph34r:

This makes no sense and is a bulshit answer, considering option #3 clearly states, 

"I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me."

So if, like Bob, you plan not to get vaccinated, then just manTF up and just say so instead of tap-dancing around your cake whilst simultaneously attempting to stuff it in your cake hole. It's not becoming. 

You'll probably catch a little shit for it, but ffs stand behind your principles. We have a friend who isn't going to get vac'd and just wants to chill until enough people have been so as to stop the pandemic. It's his choice; I don't begrudge him or judge him for it. :shrug:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

2 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

My understanding is that CA is going to be all 16+ beginning later this week.

In my county, I have received multiple emails in the past week or so that various public clinics had enough spaces to allow people in lower tiers in. So in my county, it's ben 16+ for at least some people for at least a week. I don't know if that's bad (meaning people who can get the vaccine are still not getting/don't want it) or good (the program is successful at getting shots into arms).

This Thursday CA is going 50+, and two weeks from then (April 15th) it’ll be 16+. It is my understanding that counties with multiple county entities (MCEs), which are large hospital groups that have locations in multiple counties, have gotten more vaccines, so those counties have been able to move through the tiers faster; maybe your county has MCEs? 

42 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

This Thursday CA is going 50+, and two weeks from then (April 15th) it’ll be 16+. It is my understanding that counties with multiple county entities (MCEs), which are large hospital groups that have locations in multiple counties, have gotten more vaccines, so those counties have been able to move through the tiers faster; maybe your county has MCEs? 

You are right, I was wrong. 16+ is the 15th. But my county has had multiple clinics that have opened up to 16+ at the last minute to get shots in arms. I don't know why that is... I do know that we got a vaccine boost in the last few weeks after being consistently one of the counties with the smallest rate of shots per resident. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

18 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

You are right, I was wrong. 16+ is the 15th. But my county has had multiple clinics that have opened up to 16+ at the last minute to get shots in arms. I don't know why that is... I do know that we got a vaccine boost in the last few weeks after being consistently one of the counties with the smallest rate of shots per resident. 

Does your county have MCEs? My county doesn’t, but Santa Cruz County right next door does; they have moved through the tiers consistently faster then we have. Up until a just couple weeks ago they had actually given more shots then us, despite having a pretty significantly smaller population (273k vs 434k). 

10 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Does your county have MCEs? My county doesn’t, but Santa Cruz County right next door does; they have moved through the tiers consistently faster then we have. Up until a just couple weeks ago they had actually given more shots then us, despite having a pretty significantly smaller population (273k vs 434k). 

I don't know if my county has MCEs, and-or how many. We haven't moved up at all in tiers and are stuck at the most restrictive still. So I don't know why our county seems to have spare shots now and again.

9 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I don't know if my county has MCEs, and-or how many. We haven't moved up at all in tiers and are stuck at the most restrictive still. So I don't know why our county seems to have spare shots now and again.

Well after I asked you I realized that’s not exactly something most people would know off the top of their head haha. The only reason I know this is because our local news reported on it; a lot of people were starting to raise questions as to why a smaller county was getting more doses. 

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

I've ended up with getting side effects after the first shot. Fever, flu-like symptoms, and overall feeling as though I've been flattened by a truck.

Still worth it.

Which one did you receive?

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

4 hours ago, retrofade said:

I've ended up with getting side effects after the first shot. Fever, flu-like symptoms, and overall feeling as though I've been flattened by a truck.

Still worth it.

Did you notice any black helicopters flying over head? That's how you know it works.

1 minute ago, NVGiant said:

Did you notice any black helicopters flying over head? That's how you know it works.

No helicopters.... there were some crows though. So, I don't know if they count.