Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

11 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

But dove soap is for pussies. 

it's true. with that curved shape you can pop it right in

I’ve got to admit I felt like a guinea pig getting the vaccine. No one knows the long term effects. Kind of like the women that took thalidomide. However, at my age I fear the Covid more than I do the vaccine. 

On 3/13/2021 at 2:52 PM, soupslam1 said:

Going to get the second shot in about an hour. I hope it’s the same hot nurse. 

Sorry, she stabbed me yesterday in Modesto 'hood.

• Cheers 1
5 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

So this Geert Vanden Bossche dude came out with some statement about the vaccines causing the end of humanity and my cousin’s nutter anti-vaxx husband has latched onto it and is posting it on Facebook.

Does anyone have any credible sites or expert opinions that I can use to refute this nonsense? 

Gotchu 

https://www.deplatformdisease.com/blog/addressing-geert-vanden-bossches-claims

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

I’ve got to admit I felt like a guinea pig getting the vaccine. No one knows the long term effects. Kind of like the women that took thalidomide. However, at my age I fear the Covid more than I do the vaccine. 

You sort of have to look at it this way: You DO know that Covid -19 can either make you very sick or even kill you. On the flip side, you do NOT know that the vaccine can either make you very sick or kill you. Up until this point in time, I like the latter scenario much better than the former...

• Cheers 1
1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

So I saw that - and looked up the author. He’s still a student. It would be helpful if I had someone with more of an advanced profile/resume to refute Vanden Bossche. 

21 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

So I saw that - and looked up the author. He’s still a student. It would be helpful if I had someone with more of an advanced profile/resume to refute Vanden Bossche. 

This guy has a pretty impressive resume.   

My nurse stepdaughter has convinced my wife not to get the vaccine, hasn't got the flu shot in nearly 10 years.  I fear for my wife, we are in our 60's and she has pretty bad asthma & allergies and is ignoring doctor advice.  I got my 1st Pfizer on Wednesday, similar to a flu shot, minor same day soreness.  Nothing on Thursday.  

• Sad 2
  • Angry 1

Governor DeSantis is lowering the eligible age to 50 on Monday while the Mayor of Orange County (Orlando) is lowering it to 40 at the County Convention Center.  

17 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Governor DeSantis is lowering the eligible age to 50 on Monday while the Mayor of Orange County (Orlando) is lowering it to 40 at the County Convention Center.  

New Mexico is pretty much giving anyone over 16 with any type of chronic medical problem the vaccine. As much as NM has done stupid things with restrictions, I’ll give credit on the vaccine administration.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

I am healthy and in my 40's and just simply asked if I could have one while I was in Walgreens. I filled out a questionnaire and they gave me a shot. I get my second one April 6th. 

I think they are just saying f**k it, lets just put shots in arms. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1
On 3/18/2021 at 10:55 AM, robe said:

Notice Nevada Convert and I are one of the 1st to be fully vaccinated.

Congratulations on your union?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3
25 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I am healthy and in my 40's and just simply asked if I could have one while I was in Walgreens. I filled out a questionnaire and they gave me a shot. I get my second one April 6th. 

The clinic I went to, you basically got notified by getting a link via email and anyone who clicked it could sign up. And once we got there, they didn't check at all to verify that you were in the right tier. It was as easy as pie to just forward the link to anyone who doesn't qualify, have them sign up, show up and get a shot. While I didn't do it, I'm positive others did. 

I think it matters most to get as many shots in arms as possible. If people show up, get them vaccinated. Especially in our area, which has been behind the rest of the state on vaxxes and when I went a few weeks ago they still had more appointments available than people signing up. 

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Some of the vaccination centers are on Twitter here in Florida, they will send out a notification if they have extras.  First come first serve, had a friend successfully do that.  

• Like 1

Got poked yesterday, Pfizer. I was a little nervous because people that have had COVID often have strong reactions to the first dose, but other then getting a little fatigued midday I didn’t have any side effects other then a sore arm. I’ve read that people that have recovered from COVID can get as much as 97% immunity within 2 weeks, so it’s definitely a relief to get this out of the way. 

• Like 1
On 3/19/2021 at 1:09 AM, modestobulldog said:

My nurse stepdaughter has convinced my wife not to get the vaccine, hasn't got the flu shot in nearly 10 years.  I fear for my wife, we are in our 60's and she has pretty bad asthma & allergies and is ignoring doctor advice.  I got my 1st Pfizer on Wednesday, similar to a flu shot, minor same day soreness.  Nothing on Thursday.  

Hope she changes her mind.  Got my first dose of Maderna today.  

I finally got an appointment for my first shot. This Thursday 1200 at Walgreens. I’ve been stalking the CVS and Walgreens sites for a month. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2