Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

17 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Governor DeSantis is lowering the eligible age to 50 on Monday while the Mayor of Orange County (Orlando) is lowering it to 40 at the County Convention Center.  

New Mexico is pretty much giving anyone over 16 with any type of chronic medical problem the vaccine. As much as NM has done stupid things with restrictions, I’ll give credit on the vaccine administration.

24 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Governor DeSantis is lowering the eligible age to 50 on Monday while the Mayor of Orange County (Orlando) is lowering it to 40 at the County Convention Center.  

I am healthy and in my 40's and just simply asked if I could have one while I was in Walgreens. I filled out a questionnaire and they gave me a shot. I get my second one April 6th. 

I think they are just saying f**k it, lets just put shots in arms. 

25 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I am healthy and in my 40's and just simply asked if I could have one while I was in Walgreens. I filled out a questionnaire and they gave me a shot. I get my second one April 6th. 

The clinic I went to, you basically got notified by getting a link via email and anyone who clicked it could sign up. And once we got there, they didn't check at all to verify that you were in the right tier. It was as easy as pie to just forward the link to anyone who doesn't qualify, have them sign up, show up and get a shot. While I didn't do it, I'm positive others did. 

I think it matters most to get as many shots in arms as possible. If people show up, get them vaccinated. Especially in our area, which has been behind the rest of the state on vaxxes and when I went a few weeks ago they still had more appointments available than people signing up. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

59 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Some of the vaccination centers are on Twitter here in Florida, they will send out a notification if they have extras.  First come first serve, had a friend successfully do that.  

Got poked yesterday, Pfizer. I was a little nervous because people that have had COVID often have strong reactions to the first dose, but other then getting a little fatigued midday I didn’t have any side effects other then a sore arm. I’ve read that people that have recovered from COVID can get as much as 97% immunity within 2 weeks, so it’s definitely a relief to get this out of the way. 

On 3/19/2021 at 1:09 AM, modestobulldog said:

My nurse stepdaughter has convinced my wife not to get the vaccine, hasn't got the flu shot in nearly 10 years.  I fear for my wife, we are in our 60's and she has pretty bad asthma & allergies and is ignoring doctor advice.  I got my 1st Pfizer on Wednesday, similar to a flu shot, minor same day soreness.  Nothing on Thursday.  

Hope she changes her mind.  Got my first dose of Maderna today.  

I finally got an appointment for my first shot. This Thursday 1200 at Walgreens. I’ve been stalking the CVS and Walgreens sites for a month. 

58 minutes ago, sean327 said:

I finally got an appointment for my first shot. This Thursday 1200 at Walgreens. I’ve been stalking the CVS and Walgreens sites for a month. 

My first shot of pfizer is april 1.  Time to get this done

Wife got her second on Friday. I will be getting my second moderna probably Saturday, but waiting to hear from the people to make an appointment.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Changed my vote as I got my first Pfizer shot yesterday. Was maybe a little tired yesterday afternoon/this morning but didn't feel bad at all yet. My arm didn't even hirt too bad. Like a regular flu shot.

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

I just read that 90+ percent of an anti-vaxer propaganda can be attributed to 12 sources. The primary offender sells holistic cures for covid — that shockingly don’t work. Yes. People ARE that stupid. 

My money was on Big Bleach. :ph34r:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

23 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

My money was on Big Bleach. :ph34r:

My cousin’s husband is still on the HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE AND ZINC!!! bullshit. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg