Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

17 hours ago, AztecSU said:

If these people like freedom why do they care if other people get vaxxed? They don't have too...

https://news.yahoo.com/no-vaccines-driver-nearly-runs-175234558.html

Seems rational. 

On a lighter note, two weekends ago a friend of mine admitted to me over beers that he wasn’t going to get a vaccine. We debated for over two hours. Friendly, for sure, thankfully. But he was pulling out all the greatest hits. (Thanks to my time on this board, I was surprised by none of it.) Long story short, a week later he got his first shot. So good stuff.

13 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Seems rational. 

On a lighter note, two weekends ago a friend of mine admitted to me over beers that he wasn’t going to get a vaccine. We debated for over two hours. Friendly, for sure, thankfully. But he was pulling out all the greatest hits. (Thanks to my time on this board, I was surprised by none of it.) Long story short, a week later he got his first shot. So good stuff.

That's awesome! You'll never be able to convince the full anti-vaxxers, but there are a lot of unsure people because what they read on social media and hear from friends/family members. I've convinced quite a few of these people with science, data, and even my own experiences to get the vaccination. It's definitely a good feeling.

On 5/21/2021 at 6:19 PM, DestinFlPackfan said:

My place is giving everyone 2 hours paid time to get vaccinated.  But, masks are still mandatory regardless of vaccination. 

Same for my employer. They are even allowing the use of company vehicles to get there. 

My wife flew to the USA and got a J&J single does shot last week while I stayed home with the kids.  She had few, if any side effects.  She always seems to have some kind of headache or some bullshit going on so it is tough to tell if any of her "symptoms" were just normal day-to-day ailments.    

I am flying to the USA next week to get a J&J also.  I don't expect any problems just like all the other vaccines I have had in my life.

The J&J vaccine is pretty hard to find.  I fully expect that the single dose shot like that one will be the vaccine of choice in the future instead of having a two dose B/S.  The blood clotting issue was so miniscule that you are more likely to win the vaccine lottery that Ohio is paying than getting any medical issue!

Has anybody else taken the J&J shot?  I know supposedly it is less effective against break through infections but the goal is to keep you out of a serious medical situation...not to just avoid the sniffles.  

After this first round of immunizations I would expect they would have a hard time getting people to take a two dose round when we have to do shots again.  

Posted Image

26 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Seems rational. 

My stepmom is pulling the bullshit too.  She thinks because she had covid she doesn't need it.  She was also talking about Bill gates earlier this year and some kind of micro implantation.  :blink:

I hope she comes to her senses because we will need to bring our younger children to the USA to get vaxxed and it takes time to get immunity so she may have to forgo seeing them if she can't get her shit together by later this year when they allow kids to get them.

Posted Image

12 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

That's awesome! You'll never be able to convince the full anti-vaxxers, but there are a lot of unsure people because what they read on social media and hear from friends/family members. I've convinced quite a few of these people with science, data, and even my own experiences to get the vaccination. It's definitely a good feeling.

He was in that extremely hesitant category rather than a full on anti-vaxxer. He kept saying he’ll be the last one to get one, which was enough of a window. Felt great.

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

My stepmom is pulling the bullshit too.  She thinks because she had covid she doesn't need it.  She was also talking about Bill gates earlier this year and some kind of micro implantation.  :blink:

I hope she comes to her senses because we will need to bring our younger children to the USA to get vaxxed and it takes time to get immunity so she may have to forgo seeing them if she can't get her shit together by later this year when they allow kids to get them.

We still don’t know how long immunity to COVID lasts if you’ve had it. She may be correct in her assumption. I got vaccinated even though I had COVID because I’m not taking any chances. I do not want to go through that shit again.

4 hours ago, sean327 said:

We still don’t know how long immunity to COVID lasts if you’ve had it. She may be correct in her assumption. I got vaccinated even though I had COVID because I’m not taking any chances. I do not want to go through that shit again.

Yeah,  you want to double bag that shit when you screw with Rona.

Posted Image

10 hours ago, Akkula said:

@Bob, @Blue voodoo, @DestinFlPackfan, @ph90702

Have you all changed your mind about getting vaccinated now with Trump's vaccine or did you simply stock up on the Hydroxychloroquine?B)

I've found that if you chop up the hydro and cut it with B12,Zinc and Vitamin C it is much healthier.  The junkies I sell to are happier and healthier. Not sure if they're mainlining or smoking it....will have to do more clinical studies.