Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

7 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Now you can comfortably have no mask on while you tailgate at the gas station waiting to top your tanks off.  

:rotflmfao:

God, people are being such idiots with this. It's the same type of dumbasses who caused the run on toilet paper a year ago.

I've got half a tank left in my car, which should last me through early next week, so I'll be waiting to fill back up again. 

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Reminder for the board Floridamen.

Just for factual purposes, we get our gas from giant tankers, so no shortages.  But that method isn’t so bright come hurricane season.  

35 minutes ago, Maji said:

Workplace scheduled me for the 2nd dose a week early. IDK what the heck is going on atm

Pfizer or Moderna? Pfizer is only 3 week wait. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

11 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Pfizer or Moderna? Pfizer is only 3 week wait. 

Moderna. Tomorrow is three weeks after the first shot, so I should be getting it next Friday. I let the higher-ups know, hopefully it gets sorted out. If not, I guess I'm getting it a week early?

8 hours ago, Maji said:

Moderna. Tomorrow is three weeks after the first shot, so I should be getting it next Friday. I let the higher-ups know, hopefully it gets sorted out. If not, I guess I'm getting it a week early?

Yeah it seems like they’re making a scheduling error. I’ve been volunteering at a vacc center a day a week the last few months. The medical staff (RNs - no doctors) don’t care if it’s off a day or two but I’ve never heard of that. Three weeks is the Pfizer interval. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

11 hours ago, Maji said:

This happened to me, too. I got the call a week early. It was some scheduling error that had me listed as pfizer. I just called the people doing the vaxxes and told them, and they re-scheduled. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

This happened to me, too. I got the call a week early. It was some scheduling error that had me listed as pfizer. I just called the people doing the vaxxes and told them, and they re-scheduled. 

I guess I'm still on for getting it today. At least that's what the manager said. I'm not sure if HR messed up or what. I'm half expecting to show up and not be allowed to get the vaccine. I'll know for sure ~2pm

I'd imagine the 2nd dose is still pretty effective after three weeks, but... :shrug:

33 minutes ago, Maji said:

I guess I'm still on for getting it today. At least that's what the manager said. I'm not sure if HR messed up or what. I'm half expecting to show up and not be allowed to get the vaccine. I'll know for sure ~2pm

I'd imagine the 2nd dose is still pretty effective after three weeks, but... :shrug:

Yea if I was you I would make it very clear to whomever is about to give you the shot that it's only been three weeks and then tell your employer that they are going to have to reschedule it unless the person giving the shot and/or a doctor at the site are clear that it's OK. Your employer doesn't get to just decide that you get your shot a week early if that timing makes it less effective. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

42 minutes ago, Maji said:

6 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Yea if I was you I would make it very clear to whomever is about to give you the shot that it's only been three weeks and then tell your employer that they are going to have to reschedule it unless the person giving the shot and/or a doctor at the site are clear that it's OK. Your employer doesn't get to just decide that you get your shot a week early if that timing makes it less effective. 

What he said. You’re better off taking it two weeks late than a week early.

https://www.healthline.com/health/why-two-doses-of-covid-vaccine#timeframe-changes 

According to guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)Trusted Source, you can receive your second dose up to 4 days earlier than recommended...

...You may be wondering what happens if you can’t get your second dose within the specified timeframes. The CDC has guidanceTrusted Source for this as well. In these situations, the second dose can be given up to 6 weeks (42 days) after the first dose.

We currently don’t know if delaying the second dose longer than this time has an impact on immunity.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

6 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Yeah it seems like they’re making a scheduling error. I’ve been volunteering at a vacc center a day a week the last few months. The medical staff (RNs - no doctors) don’t care if it’s off a day or two but I’ve never heard of that. Three weeks is the Pfizer interval. 

This board is filled with good people.  Good advice all.

What if I’ve already been vaccinated and I don’t want to be anymore? Is there any going back? 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

LOL. The person administering the vaccine wasn't having any of that, everyone here has to show up next week. They even goofed up my card a bit, guess they'll have to fix that too next week

10 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

What if I’ve already been vaccinated and I don’t want to be anymore? Is there any going back? 

If you can get your mouth on the injection site you can suck it out. Make sure you spit and rinse after.

I got the Johnson & Johnson one shot vaccination and the only side effect for me was a headache for a few hours. Not a real bad one, just enough to notice. I was still able to get my run in that evening, I just slowed it down to a jogger's pace.