Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

9 minutes ago, utenation said:

I love our team.. More book learnin' and such.. 

Haha. It has its faults, but I don't have to defend Bob, at least.

On 5/3/2021 at 7:56 AM, NorCalCoug said:

First off...  GFY.  Second off...  let it be 6x’s that and the point remains true.  Most not on the spectrum know I wasn’t trying to be pinpoint accurate - it was illustrative And probably not far off from the truth.  There is very low mortality risk with covid - especially if you’re younger and healthy.  How the hell do you think you’re the smartest person in the universe and not get that?  Most who choose not to vaccinate are comfortable with those odds.  Stop responding to my posts.  I don’t care what a pompous prick like you thinks about anything.

If you are going to try and use numbers to prove a point, use accurate numbers. You are claiming .03% mortality for people who get the disease. This is wildly inaccurate, as this would mean 1 in 3300 people who get the virus die, whereas in reality more than 1 in 600 of the total population in the USA have died of Covid over the past year. You can debate whether or not you think that is acceptable, but you are using false data and throwing a hissy fit when it is pointed out.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Just received Moderna #2.  No side effects after 3 hours. 

Looks like Massachusetts and Vermont are leading the way with 58% receiving at least one dose so far.

Mississippi is in last place at 31% receiving one dose so far.  Wyoming and Idaho not too good either at 34-35%.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/vaccine-tracker

image.png.1b2fdd0de24e3b5ea04ca7fe0a35f784.png

No red state even cracks the top 20

8 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

No red state even cracks the top 20

And Nevada is the only 'blue' state in the Bottom 20.  Almost like political party determines your willingness to get vaccinated or something. 

On 5/5/2021 at 1:59 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

And Nevada is the only 'blue' state in the Bottom 20.  Almost like political party determines your willingness to get vaccinated or something. 

Most of the anti-vax crowd I ran into in education were evangelical christians.  If a kid was not vaccinated in school you could almost predict the handful of churches in town their parents went to.   Yes they tend to vote republican but there is more here than just party.  Many of the red states have large  rural poverty areas and that can be tough to reach as well. 

22 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Pfizer now approved for kids as young as 12.

New York universities all going to be requiring vax for attendance per Cuomo.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/05/10/world/covid-19-coronavirus

Houston Methodist hospital  also requiring all employees to be vaccinated.   26,000 employees.

Makes sense with so many anti-vax types in Texas you will remain exposed for months if not a couple of years

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Pfizer now approved for kids as young as 12.

New York universities all going to be requiring vax for attendance per Cuomo.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/05/10/world/covid-19-coronavirus

My friend who is an adjunct professor at Fresno State told me the University is making it mandatory to get vaccinated before the start of the Fall semester. She is holding off for right now though because she is 3 months pregnant.

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

17 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

My friend who is an adjunct professor at Fresno State told me the University is making it mandatory to get vaccinated before the start of the Fall semester. She is holding off for right now though because she is 3 months pregnant.

All Cal State Universities and UCs will require a vaccination to attend or work in the fall. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Half of Idaho are kids because of the LDS influence. Considering that 80% of adults have been vaccinated. Not sure about elsewhere, but vaccines are readily available in Boise. The local Albertsons is giving vaccinations without appointments. 

8 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Half of Idaho are kids because of the LDS influence. Considering that 80% of adults have been vaccinated. 

• Idaho pop. = 1.7 million
  • Idaho adult pop. = (.75)1.7 million = 1.275 million
  • Number of people fully vaccinated in Idaho = 536,571 (Link)
  • 536,571 / 1,275,000 = 42%

#BoiseMath

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

17 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:
  • Idaho pop. = 1.7 million
  • Idaho adult pop. = (.75)1.7 million = 1.275 million
  • Number of people fully vaccinated in Idaho = 536,571 (Link)
  • 536,571 / 1,275,000 = 42%

#BoiseMath

Ok, I exaggerated. Vaccinations are now up to about 625,000 so about 50% of adults. The wagon train hasn’t reached our rural counties yet.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/idaho-coronavirus-numbers-map-graph-data-covid-19-timeline-tracking-cases-curve-recoveries-deaths/277-262de30b-ef00-40a2-b40e-43e26f0bb99b

got my second shot on saturday, put me out of commission for about 16 hours. Wasn't too bad, light fever and headache/aches for a bit. Probably helped i just endured the worst food poisoning of my life a few weeks prior to the point i was actually worried i had the 'rona, so it paled in comparison.

anyhow now i'm +++++ing wolverine. adamantium immune system. party summer is here.  form an orderly queue, ladies.

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Got my second shot tonight. 

lmk when your mental 5g starts and we can continue arguing about china bats

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.