Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

The anti-vaxers, mask wars, and a president completely ill-equipped to deal with something as serious as a pandemic, will be what historians use to define this moment in history. The times of bureaucratic overreach in some states and the denialism in others will be a sidebar.

put bluntly i personally think biden should have made it a requirement for all federal employees to get the jab.  When it comes to public health we should be giving the goddamn shots out at gunpoint if necessary.

got the 2nd pfizer yesterday. So far... very very very mild compared to the first. Arm barely hurts, even. 

1st pfizer + coronavirus < 2nd pfizer no coronavirus

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, Bob said:

And force those who don't get vaccinated to wear a certain type of clothing to signify their inferiority and uncleanliness. Maybe like a gold star or something..

Conservative brain really is fascinating.  The attention span of an overemotional toddler, flitting from one perceived grievance to another, getting upset at whatever the TV or facebook tells you to be angry at that morning.   Always oppressed, always the victim despite near-total institutional capture of an archaic political system that inordinately empowers the minority.

24 minutes ago, Bob said:

And force those who don't get vaccinated to wear a certain type of clothing to signify their inferiority and uncleanliness. Maybe like a gold star or something..

Nah. The jacked-up pickup should be enough.

3 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Yesterday was my first volunteer shift at the UCSD vaccination site. I’d done a number of shifts at the Petco and knew what to request. They had a big room with 24 vaccination stations. One exit. I’m standing at the exit with an orange vest for four hours. I said “please show your card to the guy down the hall in the orange vest for 15 minutes of observation” hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of times. I have a croaky voice today. Next time I’ll know better!

Definitely fewer of the happy thankful people now. 

Well thanks for what u do. I'm getting the "why do I need to show insurance if the vaccine is free?" Question all the time now. Quite annoying for sure.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

I have been assured on this board that only people on the left use comparisons to Nazi Germany. 

I work with three people. One co-worker is vaccinated like me. The other two decline the vaccine. One of those declining the vaccine is 70 years old, and said he would get vaccinated if he were forced to do so, like he was for polio back in the day. The other is younger and thinks the vaccines are part of a global conspiracy involving Bill Gates and "the Great Reset."

Anyway, it comes out today that 70-year-old's wife has to quarantine for two weeks due to being a close contact. My 70-year-old coworker is understandably concerned.

I am thankful that even if he develops COVID-19, as a fully vaccinated person I don't have to quarantine. I don't have to worry about passing something he might have to someone else.

On the other hand, I'm worried that he would develop severe symptoms. He's not in the best of health. It's also kind of bullcrap that we might have to pick up the slack at work due to his reluctance to get the vaccine. Then if he tests positive, the other employee becomes a close contact and is also out? I understand it's their choice but it sucks nonetheless.

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I don't know if the brunt of blame is on FDA.  There is likely a scenario where people who wanted vaccines badly blasted through and now we are at the laissez-faire folks who will get it at convenience, and a ton more who won't get it.  In tailgate speak, some people pre-gamed way to quick, some are still taking their sweet times with their second drink, and then there is BYU.

33 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I don't know if the brunt of blame is on FDA.  There is likely a scenario where people who wanted vaccines badly blasted through and now we are at the laissez-faire folks who will get it at convenience, and a ton more who won't get it.  In tailgate speak, some people pre-gamed way to quick, some are still taking their sweet times with their second drink, and then there is BYU.

This was expected but the press is eating it up.  At about the 50% - 60% we expected a big slow down. Talked to a hospital employee here and they were just waiting for the falloff. Now the outreach begins to remote sites, non-english speaking residents, and other groups left behind so far.   Kids can't get shots yet and many adults left, who are willing to get the shot,  deal with work schedules or consider themselves low risk and are not in a big hurry.  It will fall to the pharmacies and small clinics to finish this up now.  Mega sites will close down.  Surveys are showing up to 65% of US companies will require vaccination before returning to in person work.   Once this gets Full FDA approval in the fall then we mop up, and hopefully get to that 80% number I was hoping for.   School will be the sites once we get approval for kids.  A throwback to the old days when I got my smallpox vac  while standing in a line in the hallway outside the nurses office.

27 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Hate to necromance this thread, but I spent 36 hours this weekend partying with the Tracksuit crowd. Those people are absolutely +++++ing nuts. What a wild time. Fuuuuck.

The peak of it all was flying high on a variety of therapeutics, and speeding 70 MPH down Fulton Avenue in an M5 driven by some low-level Russian gangster with 3 other chicks in the car on the way to North Beach while disco tracks played on the stereo.

JFC. Those dudes don't +++++ around. Ol' Joe's just glad he's alive.

I thought you were a blockchain guy, not a money laundering type lawyer.

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Hate to necromance this thread, but I spent 36 hours this weekend partying with the Tracksuit crowd. Those people are absolutely +++++ing nuts. What a wild time. Fuuuuck.

The peak of it all was flying high on a variety of therapeutics, and speeding 70 MPH down Fulton Avenue in an M5 driven by some low-level Russian gangster with 3 other chicks in the car on the way to North Beach while disco tracks played on the stereo.

JFC. Those dudes don't +++++ around. Ol' Joe's just glad he's alive.

Joe.. It’s time to be honest. You didn’t party with the tracksuit crowd, you ARE the tracksuit crowd. There’s an old saying in sports. You are what your record says you are. 

I’m a fake .  Weekend warrior at best. I have three Adidas tracksuits. At best I might see a decent party once a month.  Maybe a few of these guys running around.

9CFE3AB1-2DF7-44D8-AD5C-30F0A4192D7C.jpeg

On 4/28/2021 at 2:27 PM, CV147 said:

I work with three people. One co-worker is vaccinated like me. The other two decline the vaccine. One of those declining the vaccine is 70 years old, and said he would get vaccinated if he were forced to do so, like he was for polio back in the day. The other is younger and thinks the vaccines are part of a global conspiracy involving Bill Gates and "the Great Reset."

Anyway, it comes out today that 70-year-old's wife has to quarantine for two weeks due to being a close contact. My 70-year-old coworker is understandably concerned.

I am thankful that even if he develops COVID-19, as a fully vaccinated person I don't have to quarantine. I don't have to worry about passing something he might have to someone else.

On the other hand, I'm worried that he would develop severe symptoms. He's not in the best of health. It's also kind of bullcrap that we might have to pick up the slack at work due to his reluctance to get the vaccine. Then if he tests positive, the other employee becomes a close contact and is also out? I understand it's their choice but it sucks nonetheless.

While these things do affect people in non-covid ways. like if the anti-vaccers miss work & cause others to fill the gaps........is one gripe about their lack of caring about the great whole.

I'm at the end of my patience with these people.......they opted out, if they get sick & even worse this is on them & in true libertarian fashion their fate is not my concern or care, I'm vacce'd & I got mine !! 

On 4/28/2021 at 9:46 AM, NVGiant said:

The anti-vaxers, mask wars, and a president completely ill-equipped to deal with something as serious as a pandemic, will be what historians use to define this moment in history. The times of bureaucratic overreach in some states and the denialism in others will be a sidebar.

I still shake my head at how masks and vaccines became politicized here. I mean, this really wasn’t the case in any other country. Had the Trump administration simply come out and clearly said the best way to get through and mitigate the risks during this pandemic is to follow these best practices and recommendations, the mindset of the Bobs and blue voodoos would have been completely different. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

10 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

While these things do affect people in non-covid ways. like if the anti-vaccers miss work & cause others to fill the gaps........is one gripe about their lack of caring about the great whole.

I'm at the end of my patience with these people.......they opted out, if they get sick & even worse this is on them & in true libertarian fashion their fate is not my concern or care, I'm vacce'd & I got mine !! 

My co-worker's wife is not doing well, but hopefully going through the worst of it. He said he was sicker on Thursday than he is today. Looks like I'll be picking up the slack for at least a week or two. If he tests positive then my other co-worker is out.

Sucks ass. This pandemic is a scam and a "flu" until it starts hurting people around you. I don't know why people want to find out the hard way.