Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

5 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

No, I just know a lot of them.  In fact, I was just visiting with two of them over the Easter weekend.  Both live in SoCal with their families in a US top 20 zip code with median home prices of $3MM, one was a BSN.  

In my personal group, 90% of the anti vaxxers are Trump supporters, and maybe 15% have an education past high school. Some make decent money. 

1 hour ago, utenation said:

In my personal group, 90% of the anti vaxxers are Trump supporters, and maybe 15% have an education past high school. Some make decent money. 

When I speak of anti-vaxxers, I'm speaking of the full gamut of vaccines, including the flu. Maybe my information is a little bit out of date, but Marin county was one of the lowest rates of child vaccination as of a few years ago. This article in 2019, indicates there's been a lot of improvement. I'm glad for the improvement.

As for Bob's stance, if I were making the case for not getting vaccinated at this time, I would merely point to the paperwork received when I got my Pfizer covid vaccine. We are all 2nd phase guinea pigs, the vaccine has not gone through the same type of review as an approved vaccine.

Screenshot_20210317-111834.png.35cd395c617673a5c0608c12c7c4e2d5.pngScreenshot_20210317-111834.png.35cd395c617673a5c0608c12c7c4e2d5.pngScreenshot_20210317-112004.png.9b6f4506a3e7fcb36a3251d812acc541.png

110926run_defense710.jpg

16 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

As for Bob's stance, if I were making the case for not getting vaccinated at this time, I would merely point to the paperwork received when I got my Pfizer covid vaccine. We are all 2nd phase guinea pigs, the vaccine has not gone through the same type of review as an approved vaccine.

We haven't had this type of pandemic for over 100 years, so I think the standards and expectations change as well.. How many lives could we have saved if this vaccine came out sooner? But it was in record time. I think it's early but the data is showing little to zero negative effects. Even a Cracker Jack Box has a disclaimer on it.

We simply didn't have the time to go through a normal extended approval process. As far as Bob, he's not smart enough to make the case you described. 

Just now, utenation said:

We haven't had this type of pandemic for over 100 years, so I think the standards and expectations change as well.. How many lives could we have saved if this vaccine came out sooner? But it was in record time. I think it's early but the data is showing little to zero negative effects. Even a Cracker Jack Box has a disclaimer on it.

We simply didn't have the time to go through a normal extended approval process. As far as Bob, he's not smart enough to make the case you described. 

You have been absent from this form for a long time, we've hashed this out ad nauseam over the last year.

110926run_defense710.jpg

30 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Screenshot_20210317-111834.png.35cd395c617673a5c0608c12c7c4e2d5.pngScreenshot_20210317-111834.png.35cd395c617673a5c0608c12c7c4e2d5.pngScreenshot_20210317-112004.png.9b6f4506a3e7fcb36a3251d812acc541.png

This is actually incorrect. The vaccine went through all phases of drug approval but was fast tracked because of the pandemic by allowing different phases to be performed at the same time instead of one after another. 

Manufacturing started before phase 3 was completed allowing for much quicker administering of the vaccine.

11 hours ago, Bob said:

You’re an idiot if you can’t see the endless negatives that have resulted from authoritarian efforts to control the virus (they were all futile anyway). But you hate freedom, so it’s not surprising

Endless negatives

Oh my, the world will never be the same. 

41 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

Normal process vs fast tracked process example:

vaccine-timeline-typical-nyt.png

images.png

Looking at your graph a 14 year process for the normal track seems archaic.  That sounds like a bunch of professors and doctors sitting around the bar sipping on martinis figuring out when they want to actually work on it. 

I’m not saying every approval should be a year because research is important but if anything the process has shown what we can accomplish when we kick some ass. 

7 hours ago, utenation said:

Looking at your graph a 14 year process for the normal track seems archaic.  That sounds like a bunch of professors and doctors sitting around the bar sipping on martinis figuring out when they want to actually work on it. 

I’m not saying every approval should be a year because research is important but if anything the process has shown what we can accomplish when we kick some ass. 

Completely agree. I'm really hoping that the fda approval of the Covod vaccines show how much more efficient the system could be when approving other new drugs.

9 hours ago, utenation said:

1 hour ago, Stealthlobo said:

Completely agree. I'm really hoping that the fda approval of the Covod vaccines show how much more efficient the system could be when approving other new drugs.

Given the data collection, analytics, and cloud sharing tools available today, researchers, clinicians, physicians, pharmas, research institutes, and regulators can all collaborate on drug development. This radically expedites the study startup/discovery to market distribution timeframe. Moving forward, drug development and pharmacovigilance will be faster and safer than ever before. I’m far more confident and comfortable in the efficacy and safety of these mRNA drugs than I am of the old polio vaccines, etc. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Given the data collection, analytics, and cloud sharing tools available today, researchers, clinicians, physicians, pharmas, research institutes, and regulators can all collaborate on drug development. This radically expedites the study startup/discovery to market distribution timeframe. Moving forward, drug development and pharmacovigilance will be faster and safer than ever before. I’m far more confident and comfortable in the efficacy and safety of these mRNA drugs than I am of the old polio vaccines, etc. 

Exactly. Today, the FDA still uses a very similar method to 70s/80s to test and approve a drug. We shouldn't be using such an archaic method anymore with all the advances in technology and research we've made.

On 4/5/2021 at 8:01 PM, Bob said:

Not surprising that you didn’t get the point. 

Some really old, really sick people died and the world didn’t come to an end. 

did you ask your dad to suck start a shotgun so bob junior can go back to school?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

5 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

Exactly. Today, the FDA still uses a very similar method to 70s/80s to test and approve a drug. We shouldn't be using such an archaic method anymore with all the advances in technology and research we've made.

I love it when folks who have zero experience or clue with drug development feel they can have a valid take. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

13 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

This is actually incorrect. The vaccine went through all phases of drug approval but was fast tracked because of the pandemic by allowing different phases to be performed at the same time instead of one after another. 

Manufacturing started before phase 3 was completed allowing for much quicker administering of the vaccine.

Are you saying the Pfizer paperwork I received is incorrect?  Read the pictures of my Pfizer paperwork I received.  

110926run_defense710.jpg

I just got my 2nd Pfizer stab.  They have some hot young ladies administering the injections at the community center in the hood. I'm too old and married to hit on them.

110926run_defense710.jpg

5 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I just got my 2nd Pfizer stab.  They have some hot young ladies administering the injections at the community center in the hood. I'm too old and married to hit on them.

Even if you weren't too old or married, hitting on young hot ladies while they're at work is generally not a recipe for success. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

15 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Are you saying the Pfizer paperwork I received is incorrect?  Read the pictures of my Pfizer paperwork I received.  

Paperwork is correct, it IS a different process than the out-dated normal process. I was referring to your statement that "we are all second phase guinea pigs" as being incorrect.

38 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Even if you weren't too old or married, hitting on young hot ladies while they're at work is generally not a recipe for success. 

Yeah, maybe volunteer work to make sure everybody stays there 15 minutes.

110926run_defense710.jpg

34 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

Paperwork is correct, it IS a different process than the out-dated normal process. I was referring to your statement that "we are all second phase guinea pigs" as being incorrect.

How can the new process be as rigorous as the old process if the new process is a fast track process? Look, from all the information this is a non-issue, but it appears to me that I am technically correct as to being guinea pigs. If the new process is as good as the old process or better, why the disclaimer?

110926run_defense710.jpg