Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

It’s been eye opening to say the least watching people’s reactions to this pandemic. We’ve seen the worst in humanity and the best In humanity. What’s most disconcerting is instead of treating it strictly as a public health issue how political it became. 

The biggest issue for me is the media, I now have to read four articles on one story to try and piece together the facts. It’s absolute fcking garbage, journalism is dead by way of the click or advertiser.  

1 hour ago, utenation said:

Something this big was always going to be political. The country needed executive leadership, a national plan and organization. Initiating the Emergency Defense Production Act much sooner.  The states weren't going to be able to fix this on their own.

The last administration denied the disease was for real even when proof was right in front of their face even several months after it was exploding. 

To this day, you have several million Americans in complete denial because of this last Admin, Folks like Bob.

All Trump had to do was let Pence and the doctors run Covid response and keep his mouth shut.  

Had he done that, he’d be in his second term right now.  

1 minute ago, tailingpermit said:

The biggest issue for me is the media, I now have to read four articles on one story to try and piece together the facts. It’s absolute fcking garbage, journalism is dead by way of the click or advertiser.  

And the so called experts that are too arrogant to tell people they don’t know all the answers instead of feeding us a bunch of bull shit and then retracting it later. I don’t even want to get into the politicians who can all go phuck themselves. 

23 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

All Trump had to do was let Pence and the doctors run Covid response and keep his mouth shut.  

Had he done that, he’d be in his second term right now.  

Personally, I had zero faith in Trump's entire executive branch. Pence was just a yes man and ball washer.. Maybe slightly more intelligent than Don.. But anyone who willing signs their name to Team Trump knowing what a buffoon he was, was probably not that smart anyways.  Trump must hold the record on firing or early exits from government jobs he was attached to.

The handling of the virus is just one piece in a giant pile of disaster since 2016. But in many ways I lost some faith in American People during this time. I've never seen so many people follow a president down a sewer pipe.

2 minutes ago, utenation said:

Personally, I had zero faith in Trump's entire executive branch. Pence was just a yes man and ball washer.. Maybe slightly more intelligent than Don.. But anyone who willing signs their name to Team Trump knowing what a buffoon he was, was probably not that smart anyways.  Trump must hold the record on firing or early exits from government jobs he was attached to.

The handling of the virus is just one piece in a giant pile of disaster since 2016.

Pence knew enough to listen to the Covid panelist of doctors. 

All he had to do/say was I’m listening to them, there’s no outrage when the doctors/scientists got things wrong.  Remember washing your groceries, whoops - not needed.  No one cared.  

24 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

And the so called experts that are too arrogant to tell people they don’t know all the answers instead of feeding us a bunch of bull shit and then retracting it later. I don’t even want to get into the politicians who can all go phuck themselves. 

No, please, by all means, do get in to the politicians. I’ve never seen you specifically call out a Republican politician, by name, with a specific critique. I mean sure you’ve made really general criticisms like this that allow you to both sides things and avoid being critical of actual Republicans, but nothing specific. Which Republican officials in Idaho and in the White House got you so angry that have lead you to tell them to go phuck themselves? 

4 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Pence knew enough to listen to the Covid panelist of doctors. 

All he had to do/say was I’m listening to them, there’s no outrage when the doctors/scientists got things wrong.  Remember washing your groceries, whoops - not needed.  No one cared.  

Maybe. But we both know Don was never going to give up the spotlight. He loved that stuff. Right or wrong.

6 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

No, please, by all means, do get in to the politicians. I’ve never seen you specifically call out a Republican politician, by name, with a specific critique. I mean sure you’ve made really general criticisms like this that allow you to both sides things and avoid being critical of actual Republicans, but nothing specific. Which Republican officials in Idaho and in the White House got you so angry that have lead you to tell them to go phuck themselves? 

If you’re a Republican and cannot find a reason to tell Mitch McConnell or Lindsey Graham to go fck themselves, you’ve got some issues. 

31+ hours now since the second Moderna dose. Only symptom I’ve had is simple tiredness. Been dragging ass for most of the day. No pains, no nausea, no chills. Nothing other than dragging ass.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

9 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

31+ hours now since the second Moderna dose. Only symptom I’ve had is simple tiredness. Been dragging ass for most of the day. No pains, no nausea, no chills. Nothing other than dragging ass.

That's the same with me. I was just a bit tired. I had some soreness in my arm at the injection site but less with the 2nd dose. Definitely not as bad as the shingles vaccine for me anyway.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

7 hours ago, Mano said:

People who deny science ( and reality ) are usually bad at math, 90% effective is not equal to 100% effective, but much better than 0% effective.

I know multiple BSN's with this view. 

As I have mentioned before, the anti-vaxxer crowd is a odd combination of college educated, upper middle class soccer moms and Alex Jones followers plus a significant head scratching percentage of doctors and others in the medical profession.

110926run_defense710.jpg

14 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I know multiple BSN's with this view. 

As I have mentioned before, the anti-vaxxer crowd is a odd combination of college educated, upper middle class soccer moms and Alex Jones followers plus a significant head scratching percentage of doctors and others in the medical profession.

Not saying you are wrong here but do you have the published data on these demographics?  After a quick look. I found this. Not a huge sample size by any means. 

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/which-us-demographics-are-more-likely-to-refuse-a-covid-19-vaccine

I'm just curious really.

1 minute ago, utenation said:

Not saying you are wrong here but do you have the published data on these demographics?  After a quick look. I found this. Not a huge sample size by any means. 

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/which-us-demographics-are-more-likely-to-refuse-a-covid-19-vaccine

I'm just curious really.

No, I just know a lot of them.  In fact, I was just visiting with two of them over the Easter weekend.  Both live in SoCal with their families in a US top 20 zip code with median home prices of $3MM, one was a BSN.  

110926run_defense710.jpg