Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Really old really sick people die each year. A lot of them. What to do? Shit happens. It certainly wasn’t worth denying children education, canceling precious irreplaceable experiences, increasing child hunger, increasing child abuse, increasing child sexual assault, bankrupting countless companies and individuals l, robbing millions of the dignity of being able to make a living and support their families, adding trillions to the national debt, mortgaging our future, creating a generation of weirdos that are scared of germs, increasing poverty dramatically worldwide, screwing over brown and black children by intentionally crippling the world’s economy, increasing overdoses, increasing suicides, increasing child suicide, decreasing preventive medicine, scaring people so bad they feared seeking necessary medical help, increasing undiagnosed cancer, mentally and emotionally maiming people to the point they are scared to get within feet of another individual.

all so nursing home people can live maybe some more months to a couple years. None of it was worth a disease that has an ifr of .15. 

do you feel the amount of people that die in any given year is “too many” or excessive or unreasonable? Well 20% more died this year in the USA and probably almost none worldwide. Almost all really old and really sick. Shit happens. Is this something to stop society over and make everyone miserable over. It’s not like children die from this disease or even working age people. 

our society is so secure and free of problems we have to manufacture them now

Shit. I swear I just read a Trump press conference here. 

A3253F84-4311-43CC-A309-C2E78D25901A.gif

21 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Now the educated anti-vaxxers are touting the fact a few people vaccinated are getting the covid as their excuse to not get vaccinated.

The facepalm is for the people you’re talking about, not you.

17 minutes ago, Bob said:

Nope. You have no concept of the social, financial and cultural destruction that we let politicians and appointed officials exact on society. Not surprising bevause you seem to have the emotional and intellectual maturity of a nine year old girl. “ save all lives at all costs!”. “ one life is too many!”. People die, all the time, from all sorts of shit. The number of really old, really sick, really fat people that died does not even come close to justifying what we’ve done to our children and young adults and children worldwide.

You remind me of Hitler.

Humanitarianism is the expression of stupidity and cowardice.
Adolf Hitler

3 minutes ago, utenation said:

You remind me of Hitler.

Humanitarianism is the expression of stupidity and cowardice.
Adolf Hitler

Well, now you've done it.

Thread's over, everybody.

Godwin's Law.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

Now the educated anti-vaxxers are touting the fact a few people vaccinated are getting the covid as their excuse to not get vaccinated.

People who deny science ( and reality ) are usually bad at math, 90% effective is not equal to 100% effective, but much better than 0% effective.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

So tens of thousands of black and brown kids slowly, painfully starving to death as a result of people like you being too scared to go to work, get out of your house and consume goods as per usual  is what? Lmfao. You are a disgraceful idiot

I've been working the whole time, buying goods and doing social things. I've just done it safely and followed the advice of guys like Dr. Fauci.  Mask wearing, social distancing and extra hand washing. I never got COVID, so their advice seems solid. Dr. Fauci and other smart guys/gals said the Vaccine is a good thing. I followed their advice too.

7 minutes ago, Bob said:

So tens of thousands of black and brown kids slowly, painfully starving to death as a result of people like you being too scared to go to work, get out of your house and consume goods as per usual  is what? Lmfao. You are a disgraceful idiot

Excellent gaslight, well done.

2 minutes ago, utenation said:

I've been working the whole time, buying goods and doing social things. I've just done it safely and followed the advice of guys like Dr. Fauci.  Mask wearing, social distancing and extra hand washing. I never got COVID, so their advice seems solid. Dr. Fauci and other smart guys/gals said the Vaccine is a good thing. I followed their advice too.

But the children are all dumb now!   Their lives are absolutely ruined forever!

So if I step out of my house, some kid is going to have a hot meal tonight?

Well, shoot, sign me up....I'll go sit in my driveway.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

If I wear no mask in a walmarks, a child's mental health will increase too!

My daughter is a teenager....can you try to make it mine?

1 hour ago, Bob said:

You’re an idiot if you can’t see the endless negatives that have resulted from authoritarian efforts to control the virus (they were all futile anyway). But you hate freedom, so it’s not surprising

Hey Bob. I found the graph you've been looking for this whole time.

fuck-chart-line-graph-has-shape-middle-f

It’s been eye opening to say the least watching people’s reactions to this pandemic. We’ve seen the worst in humanity and the best In humanity. What’s most disconcerting is instead of treating it strictly as a public health issue how political it became. 

55 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

It’s been eye opening to say the least watching people’s reactions to this pandemic. We’ve seen the worst in humanity and the best In humanity. What’s most disconcerting is instead of treating it as a public health issue how political it became. 

Something this big was always going to be political. The country needed executive leadership, a national plan and organization. Initiating the Emergency Defense Production Act much sooner.  The states weren't going to be able to fix this on their own.

The last administration denied the disease was for real even when proof was right in front of their face even several months after it was exploding. 

To this day, you have several million Americans in complete denial because of this last Admin, Folks like Bob.

Moderna’s mRNA Covid-19 vaccine shows robust antibody levels at six months, according to a research letter published Tuesday in The New England Journal of Medicine.

Protection from the vaccine is expected to last longer than six months, but we’ll only know how long it works when there is more data from late-stage clinical trials. The company is continuing to study this. 

With this research, using three distinct tests that look for antibodies, the scientists found that protective antibody activity remained high in all age groups of the 33 adults involved in this early-stage study. 

Younger adults seemed to have higher antibody levels compared to the older groups. Antibody levels are expected to decline over time, but it’s unclear what level of protection this will provide in the real-world. To understand that, there will need to be further studies.