Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

I received my first Pfizer dose yesterday.  Within 2 minutes it put me into a daze which lasted all day.  I also had a small headache at night.  I took a Tylenol early this morning and felt mostly better.  I had waives of fatigue throughout the day, but started feeling better early afternoon and think I am past it now.

I just signed up for my first dose this afternoon! Extra vaccines became available and the local hospital reached out to anyone who was preregistered. Jumped on that in seconds.

Edit: Just got my first dose of Pfizer. Pretty impressed with how efficient it was.

nm

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

12 minutes ago, bitteraztec said:

Since I had a reaction to the first dose of Pfizer.  Is it likely that I have had Covid previously?

Edit:

It was not an allergic reaction.

No.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

14 minutes ago, bitteraztec said:

Since I had a reaction to the first dose of Pfizer.  Is it likely that I have had Covid previously?

Edit:

It was not an allergic reaction.

My understanding is that the opposite would be more likely to be true. If you had it already, then a mechanism to trick your body into thinking you have it wouldn't do anything because you would already have antibodies built up to fight it. The reaction is the manifestation of your immune system building strength against something new.

Am I incorrect on this, experts?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 3/30/2021 at 9:19 AM, retrofade said:

I've ended up with getting side effects after the first shot. Fever, flu-like symptoms, and overall feeling as though I've been flattened by a truck.

Still worth it.

I heard second hand that if you text heavily to the first shot is an indication you already had it.  No idea how true it is

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I get my second Moderna 4/8/21. Super organized. 10 minutes in line, didn’t get out of my truck. 15 minute wait period after the shot. 

Arm was sore. A little lethargic for a few days but good to go. 

I love all the false conspiracy theories out there about vaccines.  As others have said, we have our freedom but intelligence seems to be lacking, IMO. 

I also want to thank all the frontline workers for being brave. All the doctors, nurses, hospital staff for working themselves to the bone in tragic times to save lives and endure death at an alarming rate.

Most importantly, I want to thank the smartest scientists on the planet for coming up with these vaccines in record time. 

Lastly, I’m sure people here have lost friends and family to COVID. Best wishes to you, your families or their families. 

On 3/16/2021 at 5:24 PM, Bob said:

Oh no, bob won’t get a vaccine that’s killed .003% of the world’s population. Of those like all of them already have one foot in the grave.If you think that makes one ‘the most selfish person’ then you have issues and need to stop thinking about it and go do something for someone. Something meaningful

Many, many young, healthy people died. Families crushed, torn apart. Huge job loss, suffering.  Couldn’t visit family dying in hospitals.  Over flow of dead bodies being piled up in meat trucks in NY. 

More Americans died in 1 year from Covid than died in 7 years of WW2.  This is with 1000’s of people dying a day in Pacific campaigns, D-day and The Battle of the Bulge.

I’m glad you think these deaths are no big deal. They should wrap a COVID memorial around your neighborhood, there might not be enough space. 

I don't know what's more strange to watch through all of this, the rejection of science and the lack of doing things as a collective, or the ultra virtue signalling and shaming.  It's been an interesting year to see Americans underlying narcissism at play.  

Just got my 2nd Moderna at a pharmacy. My wife had a appointment for the 6th but I went on line and found her one at a CVS a few miles away in a couple hours. Really a relief... 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say