Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

My cousin’s husband is still on the HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE AND ZINC!!! bullshit. 

So are my friend's parents. :facepalm: 

I do take zinc supplements though (Zicam) - there are published, peer-reviewed studies on the efficacy of zinc salts in inhibiting viral replication. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Just now, TheSanDiegan said:

So are my friend's parents. :facepalm: 

I do take zinc supplements though (Zicam) - there are published, peer-reviewed studies on the efficacy of zinc salts in inhibiting viral replication. 

Yeah, I take zinc as well. Elderberry gummies. I also take vitamin d3. Not sure if you saw this:

https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/forefront/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/vitamin-d-covid-study

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonherald.com/2020/09/17/vitamin-d-can-help-reduce-coronavirus-risk-by-54-boston-university-doctor/amp/

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, nmlongbow said:

I got my second dose of Pfizer yesterday. Slightly sore arm this morning but no other issues. Had my vax card laminated at Staples on the way home in case I ever need to start carrying it around. 

The lamination thing actually sounds like a pretty good idea. I might do the very same thing.

Got my second one just now. Waiting the 15 mins. 

Btw, as an aside... I hate shots. Hate em. Doesnt hurt. I actually have a pretty high pain threshold. For whatever reason though they freak me out and I always get a little light headed afterward. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

20 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Btw, as an aside... I hate shots. Hate em. Doesnt hurt. I actually have a pretty high pain threshold. For whatever reason though they freak me out and I always get a little light headed afterward. 

Maybe your body instinctively knows to reject the government tracking devices. :shrug:

On 3/26/2021 at 2:52 PM, NevadaFan said:

I just read that 90+ percent of an anti-vaxer propaganda can be attributed to 12 sources. The primary offender sells holistic cures for covid — that shockingly don’t work. Yes. People ARE that stupid. 

On 3/26/2021 at 4:35 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

My money was on Big Bleach. :ph34r:

Thank God there wasn't this rampant idiocy back when polio vaccines were rolled out.

110926run_defense710.jpg

On 3/27/2021 at 1:55 PM, smltwnrckr said:

Mine was moderna. Woke up this morning with some mild chills and sore arm. Then took an ibuprofen and felt fine, so did what I had been planning this morning and cleared out the garden planter boxes and threw down some fertilizer and soil we could out in some veggies this week. Couple hours of moderately hard work, but nothing crazy. 

When the ib wore off, I was exhausted and the chills came back. Basically felt like I usually do when a moderate to bad cold is about to come on. No fever though. Took a couple more ibuprofen, took a nap and am fine.

Definitely took a little wind out of my sails, but nothing too bad. Should a probably taken it easy today. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

@DestinFlPackfan why aren’t you getting your vaccine? 

I didn't say I wasn't my friend. :D

The poll asked the question ' are you planning to get vaccinated '.....no, I do not have my vaccination date planned.

Plus , Florida just made it available for everyone over 16 starting in a week or so. At 17, I was sweating when I could get it.:ph34r:

12 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

I didn't say I wasn't my friend. :D

The poll asked the question ' are you planning to get vaccinated '.....no, I do not have my vaccination date planned.

Plus , Florida just made it available for everyone over 16 starting in a week or so. At 17, I was sweating when I could get it.:ph34r:

So you intend to get it? Just curious, why wouldn’t you have answered “I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.”

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

19 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

So you intend to get it? Just curious, why wouldn’t you have answered “I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.”

To answer your last question first...why should I have to explain my answer...it is what it was intended to be. 

To your first question- see above^^^.:yoda:

3 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

To answer your last question first...why should I have to explain my answer...it is what it was intended to be. 

To your first question- see above^^^.:yoda:

Whatever dude. By your reasoning if I don’t have my next dental appointment scheduled I don’t plan to take care of my teeth. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 3/26/2021 at 3:52 PM, NevadaFan said:

I just read that 90+ percent of an anti-vaxer propaganda can be attributed to 12 sources. The primary offender sells holistic cures for covid — that shockingly don’t work. Yes. People ARE that stupid. 

I have a relative that is against the Covid vaccines (mostly the mRNA vaccines) and a top of her class pharmacist.  She tried to convince many family members not to get the vaccine.  Conspiracy theories don’t just fly in uneducated circles. 

On 3/16/2021 at 3:45 PM, happycamper said:

When you are not getting a shot you are acting as a conduit for a deadly disease. It's the epitome of selfishness. Anti-vaxxers are scum. 

Well that seems a bit extreme. I think that most not getting the COVID vaccine are doing so for political reasons and don't have a solid idea of the science behind the mRNA vaccines. I wouldn't go so far as to call them scum though as there are some people who should not be getting the vaccine based on underlying health conditions, though that number is small.