Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

18 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

@Bob, @renoskier, and @Nevada Convert ...

Trump got vaccinated and says you should too. So now it’s okay to get it done. Glad to have you guys on board.

There isn’t anyone in this world that cares more about getting vaccinated than I do. Don’t listen to them, don’t listen to them. it’s fake news, like CNN fake news.

Say hello to the MSM in the back of the arena there. You know, they won’t even move the cameras around so you fine folks at home can see how big this rally really is.  And you know what? I’m told the outside line to get in is still 2 miles long. Such great patriots they are, and together we’re going to Make America Great Again !!!

kat.jpg

great read on the new covid strains.   This is exactly why we get vaccinated.  The UK strains blows the argument that this is only dangerous to old people out of the water.

"In addition to being more contagious, the strain was also associated with higher mortality, "

"Minnesota’s experience with the B.1.1.7 variant has also raised concerns about another of its attributes: its apparent ability to spread to and sicken children and young adults more readily than other strains. In Minnesota, fully one-third of the new cases were seen in people younger than 20." 

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2021-03-17/coronavirus-strains-california-versus-uk

Overall I thought it was good news on this, soon to be dominant, strain and the vaccines.

8 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

For your second doses I high recommend taking Tylenol scheduled, and if you feel comfortable, add an NSAID like Advil or Aleve. This will greatly reduce the chills and body aches.

This is also being recommended by the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect/after.html

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Oh interesting, glad they finally caught up.

At the very beginning they were not recommending NSAIDS, then they change to being neutral on NSAID therapy, and now looks like they are recommending them. Glad the CDC had finally gotten caught up with the clinical evidence ;)

So this Geert Vanden Bossche dude came out with some statement about the vaccines causing the end of humanity and my cousin’s nutter anti-vaxx husband has latched onto it and is posting it on Facebook.

Does anyone have any credible sites or expert opinions that I can use to refute this nonsense? 

12 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Who’s dying from covid-19 disproportionately? It’s not white people.

Antivaxxers are choosing to be a vector for a disease that’s ravaging the nonwhite population. And they know it. 

No, they don't know it. They don't believe COVID-19 is a problem. They think its being sensationalized, or even that it doesn't exist.

They're not thinking about nonwhite populations. They simply don't want the vaccine. I think you're a little out there.

Remember the phrase: "Don't attribute to malice that which can be easily explained by stupidity." This is one of those stupid-people things.

11 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

But dove soap is for pussies. 

it's true. with that curved shape you can pop it right in

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 3/13/2021 at 2:52 PM, soupslam1 said:

Going to get the second shot in about an hour. I hope it’s the same hot nurse. 

Sorry, she stabbed me yesterday in Modesto 'hood.

110926run_defense710.jpg

5 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

So this Geert Vanden Bossche dude came out with some statement about the vaccines causing the end of humanity and my cousin’s nutter anti-vaxx husband has latched onto it and is posting it on Facebook.

Does anyone have any credible sites or expert opinions that I can use to refute this nonsense? 

Gotchu 

https://www.deplatformdisease.com/blog/addressing-geert-vanden-bossches-claims

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

I’ve got to admit I felt like a guinea pig getting the vaccine. No one knows the long term effects. Kind of like the women that took thalidomide. However, at my age I fear the Covid more than I do the vaccine. 

You sort of have to look at it this way: You DO know that Covid -19 can either make you very sick or even kill you. On the flip side, you do NOT know that the vaccine can either make you very sick or kill you. Up until this point in time, I like the latter scenario much better than the former...

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

So I saw that - and looked up the author. He’s still a student. It would be helpful if I had someone with more of an advanced profile/resume to refute Vanden Bossche. 

21 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

So I saw that - and looked up the author. He’s still a student. It would be helpful if I had someone with more of an advanced profile/resume to refute Vanden Bossche. 

This guy has a pretty impressive resume.   

My nurse stepdaughter has convinced my wife not to get the vaccine, hasn't got the flu shot in nearly 10 years.  I fear for my wife, we are in our 60's and she has pretty bad asthma & allergies and is ignoring doctor advice.  I got my 1st Pfizer on Wednesday, similar to a flu shot, minor same day soreness.  Nothing on Thursday.  

110926run_defense710.jpg