Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

49 minutes ago, Bob said:

I'm not an anti vaxxer. vaccines are good. However, more important than vaccines in reducing the prevalence of those diseases was advancement in sanitary conditions.

Most of the diseases that were improved by sanitary and environmental conditions were caused by bacteria or parasites. Cholera, Typhoid, scarlet fever, typhus, malaria... those were all exacerbated by environmental conditions, so environmental aids were very helpful. Same with Polio and Yellow fever, which were exacerbated by environmental conditions even though they are viruses. Making rivers flow backwards and draining swamps ain't gonna do much to help COVID, bud. 

The funny thing is that there is an environmental factor to this disease that could have been mitigated, something analogous to the sanitation measures that you seem to think are more important than vaccines... not being in a room with other people. But you know, muh freedoms. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

36 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I'm not an antivaxer I just bitch about vaccines and won't get one and parrot anti-vaxxer talking points

dude... come on

He's the Tucker Carlson of Anti-Vaxxers

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Great now the Marines and department of military affairs are going to cancel Bob.

I'm sure the CDC and HHS have a couple SWAT teams that they can sick on him. 

6 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I'm sure the CDC and HHS have a couple SWAT teams that they can sick on him. 

I really want to have the conversation that Diptheria was eliminated in the 1930's-40's because people in the 1920's decided it was a good idea to wash their hands and people in the 1910's just never figured it out.

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I really want to have the conversation that Diptheria was eliminated in the 1930's-40's because people in the 1920's decided it was a good idea to wash their hands and people in the 1910's just never figured it out.

Be careful, you'll trigger the anti-soapers. 

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The teenagers or the the people running the detention centers at the border?

It's a diverse coalition. 

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Soap is fake science.  Jesus did not use soap and he saved the world.

Soap is superior to science. Science has tried to design a better material than soap for washing hands, and has failed. 

6 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Soap is superior to science. Science has tried to design a better material than soap for washing hands, and has failed. 

A bar of dove would be one of my items to take in a survival competition.  Can wash your hair, your hands, your body and your  clothes even.

49 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Refusal to get the vaccine is just genocide without having to get your hands dirty.

That's a bit extreme. Genocide is usually against a particular ethnic group.

Vaccine denial is pretty common, and is based on distrust of both the government and big pharma. I don't blame them too much. I certainly don't call them genocidal.

1 hour ago, CV147 said:

That's a bit extreme. Genocide is usually against a particular ethnic group.

Vaccine denial is pretty common, and is based on distrust of both the government and big pharma. I don't blame them too much. I certainly don't call them genocidal.

Who’s dying from covid-19 disproportionately? It’s not white people.

Antivaxxers are choosing to be a vector for a disease that’s ravaging the nonwhite population. And they know it. 

On 3/16/2021 at 10:25 PM, gold-n-brown said:

How so?

Comparing abortion to vaccination is crazy. I can’t argue with crazy people. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

3 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Refusal to get the vaccine is just genocide without having to get your hands dirty.

Good grief. I’m know I’m not the smartest guy in the world. But in this place I’m a genius. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

Got the booster shot (Pfizer) yesterday afternoon at Levi's at 4:00 PM.  I was fine until about midnight last night and then the aches came.  By morning (after a fitful night's sleep of about 4-5 hours, tops) I had a pretty decent sized headache.  The aches were still there.  Not terrible... but certainly not great.  By noonish, the headache somewhat subsided, but my neck was still bothering me (muscle tightness).  The aches really started kicking in in the early afternoon.  I wanted to leave work, but just stuck around and sort of "faked" it the rest of the afternoon.  This evening, I had a brief spell of the chills over the course of, oh, maybe an hour or so.  Then I got a bit hot (but no perspiring, and I don't appear to have a fever).  It's 9:30-ish now and with any luck I'll avoid another crappy night's sleep.  Not complaining, as it feels good to be vaccinated, but still...

[p.s. - Wifey has had no post-shot issues herself.  This, despite the fact that, year over year, she gets sick way more than I do.  Go figure...] 

57 minutes ago, robe said:

Good grief. I’m know I’m not the smartest guy in the world. But in this place I’m a genius. 

2 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Who’s dying from covid-19 disproportionately? It’s not white people.

Antivaxxers are choosing to be a vector for a disease that’s ravaging the nonwhite population. And they know it. 

1 hour ago, robe said:

2 days out from vaccination I’m feeling nearly back to normal. I’ll probably be a zombie by the end of the week though. 

Welcome to the Horde. Brain Buffet to the left, and dance floor for entertainment to the right. Tonight's big song is "Thriller", by the way, with open Karaoke. 

Though the last few participants could only moan into the mic.