Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

On 3/15/2021 at 10:11 AM, soupslam1 said:

Most conservative people I know are getting the shot. It seems like polls today are used to create a narrative. 

Agree, mainstream media is a steaming pile of poo, just generating emotional clickbait.  I am surprised billings and others fall for the bullshit.

110926run_defense710.jpg

On 3/15/2021 at 11:53 AM, NVGiant said:

Thankfully, Only one on this board voted he won’t take it. Guess who?! it’s the same guy who says he’d sacrifice 50k old people to save a kid’s life. No surprise, though, that he wouldn’t accept an infinitesimal risk to himself to help save the life of anyone.

He will be among college educated soccer moms, their kids, and Alex Jones conspiracy types.

110926run_defense710.jpg

On 3/15/2021 at 12:23 PM, NVGiant said:

Definitely. And it isn't entirely coming from one side. I have a pretty liberal relative who I had to talk into taking it. Like Bob, she's selfish and not very bright, either. I may have convinced her, or she may have been humoring me to get me to stop talking about it. I can't be too sure yet. But hopefully she follows through on her promise.

Her kids haven't got measles or other vaccines, they won't be getting the covid vaccine.

110926run_defense710.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

Phluck you. If you actually want to help someone do something meaningful and give someone money that needs it. Like me. I’ve given out thousands of my own $$$$ in free rent so spare me the selfish bullshit

so it's not meaningful to stop being a disease vector for something that costs people tens of thousands?

seriously. anti vaxxers are the most selfish people on the planet. 

Bob must love wearing masks

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 3/12/2021 at 12:32 PM, Bob said:

Joke's on you guys. The vaccine was made using Donald J. Trump's stem cells. Now he will forever be with you inhabiting your consciousness

He was aborted? Makes sense. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

4 hours ago, Bob said:

You all can kiss my ass. I don’t feel comfortable putting a vaccine that’s still in its trial phase into my body. Sue me. I’ll just get the plucking virus when it’s my turn. Probably already have for all I know. this thread is a case study in virtue signaling, piousness and faux outrage. Be responsible for your own health and health choices. I don’t care if anyone gets the vaccine. Your body your choice

You don't have to answer if it's too personal. No worries.

I've known a few nurses and many  MAs, receptionists, security, etc in the hospitals that have chosen not to be immunized. However, every physician, PA, NP, or pharmacist I know has been vaccinated. Curious, is your wife and/or her co-pharmacists are as uncomfortable with the COVID immunization as you?

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

Oh no, bob won’t get a vaccine that’s killed .003% of the world’s population. Of those like all of them already have one foot in the grave.If you think that makes one ‘the most selfish person’ then you have issues and need to stop thinking about it and go do something for someone. Something meaningful

Bob it's killed .15% of the US' population. You seem to be incapable of understanding division.

Bob, you bitch the most about any Covid restrictions. You don't want economic restrictions. But... then, you also don't want to wear a mask or social distance, so you're unwilling to do a single thing to make economic restrictions go away. Then, there's a vaccine that will make every individual person not only not get infected, but not be a carrier. You refuse that also.

Your concern about kids killing themselves is bullshit. Your concern about people's mental well-being is bullshit. You're too lazy to do a damn thing to prevent the virus spread and too selfish to even get a vaccine to stop being a vector.

Anti-vaxxers are scum.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

When you are not getting a shot you are acting as a conduit for a deadly disease. It's the epitome of selfishness. Anti-vaxxers are scum. 

Yep. If our grandparents had thought this way polio, measels, and smallpox would still be around the US today

3 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

Agree, mainstream media is a steaming pile of poo, just generating emotional clickbait.  I am surprised billings and others fall for the bullshit.

Ask the governors in Arkansas and other red states where the uptake is slow.  I will say Alaska is doing very well so perhaps there is some weird regional play at work here

6 minutes ago, Bob said:

My wife got it because she was basically forced to. Got pressured into it. All but one pharmacist did not want to, but they all did. The owner smoked his whole life and is petrified of covid. 

so one person abuses his body his whole life then expects others to take basically an experimental vaccine so he can feel safe. What a country.

I know an OB who would not have taken the vaccine unless forced to by his employer. My brother who is a doctor same story. My dentist brother same story.

it’s a political issue imo. I don’t understand how the left thinks and you don’t understand me. Nothing new. Wash rinse repeat 

Thank you for the info. Still wish you would get immunized, but wish no harm on you or your family if you decided against it.

21 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

I am getting my first shot tomorrow. Does the first shot offer any protection while you wait for the second one ? 

I listen to a COVID podcast a few times a week that an infectious disease doctor does, 9-10 minute episodes, pretty informative. Anyways, on a recent episode he mentioned a preprint study that shows that people that have previously had COVID get almost the full benefit of the vaccines 7 or so days after the first dose. So, if you previously had the virus but were asymptomatic and didn’t know you may end up gettin the full benefit of the vaccine quicker. 

27 minutes ago, Bob said:

All those diseases affected children and working age people. Covid wipes out old and weak almost exclusively. Huge difference

Polio actually had a very low mortality or and very low paralysis rate. Lower death rate than Covid. Don't know why we even bothered with a vaccine.   I hope you do well bob but a Corona  virus will mutate quickly.  The longer it stays widespread the more dangerous it becomes until it mutates into something that is far more deadly. Not getting this under control is simply Russian Roulette. 

I took my kid to the doctor today in Costa Rica.   The office gives covid tests all day to USA tourists because you need a test to re enter the USA.  The doctors there... frontline... haven't been vaccinated yet.   I am surprised how easy it seems for you all.  The USA is truly blessed in many ways.   

Posted Image

5 hours ago, Billings said:

hmm rare to hear anyone who is a conservative and GOP say your body your choice.  Only in some cases though I guess

That is a huge stretch.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

I took my kid to the doctor today in Costa Rica.   The office gives covid tests all day to USA tourists because you need a test to re enter the USA.  The doctors there... frontline... haven't been vaccinated yet.   I am surprised how easy it seems for you all.  The USA is truly blessed in many ways.   

Yeah well 530k dead, 20% of the entire world’s dead, ain’t much of a blessing. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say