Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

4 hours ago, Billings said:

SO trump considers the vaccines one of his top accomplishments and now many trump republicans refuse to take them.  Sigh

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/542814-49-percent-of-gop-men-say-they-wont-get-vaccinated-pbs-poll

This is pure and simple dumb+++++ery. Any adult who consciously refuses to get vaccinated deserves whatever darwin consequence comes their way. Sadly, their dumb+++++ery will end up hurting others. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

9 hours ago, Billings said:

SO trump considers the vaccines one of his top accomplishments and now many trump republicans refuse to take them.  Sigh

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/542814-49-percent-of-gop-men-say-they-wont-get-vaccinated-pbs-poll

This changes when attendance at sporting events and air travel requires vaccinations. Hopefully.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

8 hours ago, Billings said:

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

This is pure and simple dumb+++++ery. Any adult who consciously refuses to get vaccinated deserves whatever darwin consequence comes their way. Sadly, their dumb+++++ery will end up hurting others. 

2 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

Obviously you can't extrapolate the data from this board to the general public, but it's very encouraging seeing that over 98% of the posters here are vaccinated or plan on getting vaccinated when available.

@Bob

I guess I'm too young and healthy... not sure when I will be eligible but plan on being in line as soon as possible.

My wife just got shot #2 this morning. 1st one gave her arm soreness for a day or so, she says the 2nd one hurt much worse and is already dreading the side effects. Seems like it's normal to feel a bit worse on round 2, but we did go on a pretty intense hike over the weekend so I'm sure some general muscle soreness isn't helping her much, either.

5 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

My mom just said she doesn't want to get the one that "changes your DNA". So much misinformation out there on this stuff. I blame Zuckerberg.

18 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

My mom just said she doesn't want to get the one that "changes your DNA". So much misinformation out there on this stuff. I blame Zuckerberg.

Yeah, there’s a bunch of batshit misinformation out there 

5 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The odds are they’ll contact the virus themselves so karma will be a bitch. 

10 hours ago, Billings said:

Most conservative people I know are getting the shot. It seems like polls today are used to create a narrative. 

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The odds are they’ll contact the virus themselves so karma will be a bitch. 

Yeah, I don’t care about the dumb+++++s. I’m more concerned about those who can’t get vaccinated for whatever reason (eg exclusions based on preexisting allergies or simple availability) who might get infected because they were infected by the dumb+++++s.

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Will this shot be a yearly thing like the flu vaccine?

The preliminary data shows that the vaccines should be effective for 3-5 years. However, due to being on the safe side, I could easily see this being a required yearly vaccine especially for travel.

Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

Yeah, I don’t care about the dumb+++++s. I’m more concerned about those who can’t get vaccinated for whatever reason (eg exclusions based on preexisting allergies or simple availability) who might get infected because they were infected by the dumb+++++s.

I answered yes to the severe allergy part of the questionnaire before I got the Covid vaccine and they still gave me the shot. I’ve had to go to med emergency twice for severe allergy related hives.  I used to carry one of those epinephrine vaccines but haven’t had an allergic reaction in years.  Fortunately I only had a minor headache reaction to the Covid shot. 

7 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Thankfully, Only one on this board voted he won’t take it. Guess who?! it’s the same guy who says he’d sacrifice 50k old people to save a kid’s life. No surprise, though, that he wouldn’t accept an infinitesimal risk to himself to help save the life of anyone.

11 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Thankfully, Only one on this board voted he won’t take it. Guess who?! it’s the same guy who says he’d sacrifice 50k old people to save a kid’s life. No surprise, though, that he wouldn’t accept an infinitesimal risk to himself to help save the life of anyone.

Yeah, but his rights, man...

23 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Agreed re @Bob. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there like him however, this board community doesn’t reflect that.

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Agreed re @Bob. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there like him however, this board community doesn’t reflect that.

Definitely. And it isn't entirely coming from one side. I have a pretty liberal relative who I had to talk into taking it. Like Bob, she's selfish and not very bright, either. I may have convinced her, or she may have been humoring me to get me to stop talking about it. I can't be too sure yet. But hopefully she follows through on her promise.