Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Have you been vaccinated, and if not are you planning to?

MWBoard Vaccination Status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is your status on the Covid - 19 vaccination?

• I am fully vaccinated ( either 1 or 2 doses depending on vaccine )
    • I have received first shot of a two shot vaccine.
    • I have not been vaccinated, but plan to be when it is available for me.
    • I am not planning on being vaccinated.

My wife and I got our first dose of Moderna yesterday. I feel fine, but my wife can barely lift her arm. The pharmacist we went to gave us the option of getting either the Moderna or the Johnson & Johnson. We were thinking about getting the J&J, but I felt more comfortable with Moderna since that's what my parents and grandparents got. After we got home I texted my buddy who got the Johnson & Johnson and he was experiencing stomach pains, diarrhea, nausea, and body aches. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

6 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

My wife and I got our first dose of Moderna yesterday. I feel fine, but my wife can barely lift her arm. The pharmacist we went to gave us the option of getting either the Moderna or the Johnson & Johnson. We were thinking about getting the J&J, but I felt more comfortable with Moderna since that's what my parents and grandparents got. After we got home I texted my buddy who got the Johnson & Johnson and he was experiencing stomach pains, diarrhea, nausea, and body aches. 

My arm was pretty sore for a few  days after Moderna #1.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 minute ago, smltwnrckr said:

I feel like someone punched me in the arm pretty good, but that's about it. I can lift and rotate my arm with no problem, but my wife can barely lift her arm up to her chest. We go back for our second dose on April 8th. 

52 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

47 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

I feel like someone punched me in the arm pretty good, but that's about it. I can lift and rotate my arm with no problem, but my wife can barely lift her arm up to her chest. We go back for our second dose on April 8th. 

Wait until you guys get #2. :ph34r:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

2 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Yea I'm gonn try to make sure I dont have Nything important planned for a couple days afterward.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

15 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Yea I'm gonn try to make sure I dont have Nything important planned for a couple days afterward.

Given how we felt last night, I'm really surprised we both felt fine today. 

I haven't gone looking for an answer, but I would be curious to know why the second shot seems to result in more side effects than the first.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

19 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Yeah I'm making sure to take those days off work just in case. I have my xbox hooked up to the bedroom tv and I still have shows and movies to catch up on so I'm good to go. 

4 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I haven't gone looking for an answer, but I would be curious to know why the second shot seems to result in more side effects than the first.

Basically because you have no immune response for first dose, but your body has built up immune response for the second dose.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

8 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Higher immune response, it means it's working :)

Update: Wife and I got our second dose last night. Pharmacy let us go early to beat the storm instead of keeping our Monday morning appointment. My arm is sightly sore, but other than that I'm fine. Hers is REALLY sore and she's feeling rough. I imagine the drugs she has to take for a chronic medical condition aren't helping. They're immune suppressing.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

On 3/13/2021 at 9:01 AM, WYO1016 said:

Update: Wife and I got our second dose last night. Pharmacy let us go early to beat the storm instead of keeping our Monday morning appointment. My arm is sightly sore, but other than that I'm fine. Hers is REALLY sore and she's feeling rough. I imagine the drugs she has to take for a chronic medical condition aren't helping. They're immune suppressing.

I am reading women see more side effects than men.   Time will tell if that holds up.

Got my second shot last over a week ago.  Felt kinda crappy the next day but still went to work and drank a couple of beers the next  night.  Felt fine two days later other than a sore arm.  Wife felt like hell for two days.

I got Pfizered last week. No side effects or soreness. My dad has received both doses of Pfizer and didn't have any side effects or soreness. My mom had her second dose of Moderna on Friday and only had mild soreness on Saturday. 

Well, still planning on it, but it depends on if the place is open, with the amount of snow we got dumped with. Walmart and McDonalds, two places that stay open the most often, are shut down. And earlier, I saw a car with sled-tracks instead of wheels go down the street, and nothing else. So, its a BIG if right now.