Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smltwnrckr

Where did your board handle come from?

I was young once 

and 40s are how we drank in Henderson

Now, I'm woke and decided to change my name to avoid cancellation 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

10 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

I always thought Good Charlotte sucked and they came along a little late for me. I was into dashboard's first 2 albums in high school. I consider those albums guilty pleasures - I recognize they're not great, but they're nostalgic for me. Death Cab is more of a twee indie pop band than an emo band, but liked a lot of their stuff too. I still consider a lot of it pretty good.

My favorite emo bands in hs were the get up kids, promise ring and braid. There was some orrttybgood stuff that holds up better than people think kicking around in the late 90s and early 2000s.

I was super annoyed with Carrabba when he left FSF to start Dashboard. I was big into the mid-late 90s and beyond emo stuff though. The Juliana Theory has long ranked as one of my favorite bands. Hell, I honestly still listen to a lot of that style of music, as it's had a bit of a revival in recent years. 

6 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Like the former Sleeping Giants (@818SUDSFan ) it may be time to update your handle 

The FB squad appears to be headed back in that direction. The last three seasons have been brutal.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

21 minutes ago, gold-n-brown said:

Wyoming fan.   Brown and gold was taken.

Lol. I always thought it was a shorthand reference to a Stranglers song. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

23 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Lol. I always thought it was a shorthand reference to a Stranglers song. 

Plus,  I am fresh baked

1 hour ago, gold-n-brown said:

Wyoming fan.   Brown and gold was taken.

Damn. I always thought you worked for UPS. ;) 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

52 minutes ago, bitteraztec said:

I am a Chowd that went to SDSU.

You’re from New England?

1 minute ago, bitteraztec said:

Yes, South Shore MA.  I’ve sent you a few replies that were specific to MA over the years.

Steak Tips were mentioned in one a couple of weeks ago.

Ha - my memory is shit. You miss Rhode Island style calamari?

My mother went into labor with me while at the Boise State V Nevada Game. The field was green back then, but I was almost literally born in Bronco stadium. 

my dad took my mom to St Luke’s  hospital down the street, and then went back and watched the rest of the game. 

When I was about 12 or 13, my friend talked me into buying c.b. radios. He called himself "the tumble wolf".

Then he suggested I call myself "the red wolf". Then 25 or 30 years later,  I just signed up as red wolf rob, on lobo site. Just cause it sounded good. After that I then realized we had those nicknames as kids.

4 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Ha - my memory is shit. You miss Rhode Island style calamari?

Yeah, all of the seafood for sure.  I grew up on fried haddock sandwiches.  Also the scallops, fried clams (with bellies) and oysters.  Equally missed are trips to the Northend for incredible pasta dishes.  Boston is a great city.

Edit:

After a visit now I head to the airport a little early so I can make one last stop at the Legal Seafood in the terminal for a beer and fish sandwich.  A fantastic way to end the trip.

3 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

My mother went into labor with me while at the Boise State V Nevada Game. The field was green back then, but I was almost literally born in Bronco stadium. 

my dad took my mom to St Luke’s  hospital down the street, and then went back and watched the rest of the game. 

I was born a half mile away from Bronco Stadium at St Luke's in May of 86 when they were installing the Blue. I'm not sure when my first game was in my first years but I love knowing I share the same age as our beloved Blue.

I think, therefore I'm.