Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Saturday Nite MWC Hoops:USU@Fresno,UNLV@WYO - WHO YA’ GOT?

Aggies 57-51 after trailing by 10 at the half. Fresno covers. Aggies avoid a bad loss.

Hutson was pissed at the officials at the end of the game. You could hear him talk about his team being called for two technicals and Utah State getting into the 1-and-1 early while his team never got into the 1-and-1 in the second half.

2 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Aggies 57-51 after trailing by 10 at the half. Fresno covers. Aggies avoid a bad loss.

Hutson was pissed at the officials at the end of the game. You could hear him talk about his team being called for two technicals and Utah State getting into the 1-and-1 early while his team never got into the 1-and-1 in the second half.

That’s funny when their whole strategy was to hack Queta as often as possible. 

1 minute ago, cosinama said:

That’s funny when their whole strategy was to hack Queta as often as possible. 

No kidding.

Hutson is a believer in the hack and whine strategy. It works sometimes.

7 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

the first technical was legit.  the half had not ended and their player ran on the court past the 3 point line talking smack.  the 2nd technical was legit as well.  Robinson did not go after the ball he just wrapped up anderson up and almost tackled him.

great job by the aggies.  they could have easily folded considering the circumstances, but the aggies gutted out the victory.  proud to be an aggie.

4 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

No kidding.

Hutson is a believer in the hack and whine strategy. It works sometimes.

I mean they had a guy foul out 5 minutes into the second half because they sent him out there to just foul. Which is fine if that’s your strategy but then don’t whine about the foul count. 

Just now, cosinama said:

I mean they had a guy foul out 5 minutes into the second half because they sent him out there to just foul. Which is fine if that’s your strategy but then don’t whine about the foul count. 

Meah is a beast, he is so big and strong, but you could tell his whole purpose was to frustrate Queta and knock him off his game which worked really well except for all his fouls.

1 minute ago, Aggie84025 said:

the first technical was legit.  the half had not ended and their player ran on the court past the 3 point line talking smack.  the 2nd technical was legit as well.  Robinson did not go after the ball he just wrapped up anderson up and almost tackled him.

great job by the aggies.  they could have easily folded considering the circumstances, but the aggies gutted out the victory.  proud to be an aggie.

The right call on the first one for sure. What’s funny is that the officials in last night’s CSU-Nevada game could have made the same call when multiple Nevada players came onto the floor after the Sherfield three-ball before a timeout was called. I wonder if the officials in tonight’s game were alerted to what happened last night and made the call as a result.

I actually agree with the Flagrant called on Robinson but you rarely see it called in that situation.  Bryce Hamilton did the same to Isaiah Stevens at the end of a UNL-CSU game, the officials went to the monitor, and decided to rule a common foul.

1 minute ago, Swoll Cracker said:

The right call on the first one for sure. What’s funny is that the officials in last night’s CSU-Nevada game could have made the same call when multiple Nevada players came onto the floor after the Sherfield three-ball before a timeout was called. I wonder if the officials in tonight’s game were alerted to what happened last night and made the call as a result.

I actually agree with the Flagrant called on Robinson but you rarely see it called in that situation.  Bryce Hamilton did the same to Isaiah Stevens at the end of a UNL-CSU game, the officials went to the monitor, and decided to rule a common foul.

they for sure could have called it on Nevada last night.  they have alerted officials to look out for that.

The Dogs just missed another chance to play Hack a Queta next Wednesday. Instead it looks like it’ll be Hack a Roddy. My guess at the final eight assuming Wyoming, UNLV, and Fresno State take care of Air Force, SJSU, and New Mexico. And assuming no one comes down with Covid. 

Boise State vs Nevada

USU vs UNLV

CSU vs Fresno State

SDSU vs Wyoming

5 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

The Dogs just missed another chance to play Hack a Queta next Wednesday. Instead it looks like it’ll be Hack a Roddy. My guess at the final eight assuming Wyoming, UNLV, and Fresno State take care of Air Force, SJSU, and New Mexico. And assuming no one comes down with Covid. 

Boise State vs Nevada

USU vs UNLV

CSU vs Fresno State

SDSU vs Wyoming

UNLV will be lucky to get past Air Force if they play like they did last night. They'll get murdered by the Aggies.

The Pokes struggled mightily against the Aztecs, so that should be a win for SDSU.

Those other two matchups are tasty. Boise playing below average and Nevada looks strong

CSU and Fresno both good, young teams. Gotta give the edge to the Rams. They are just a little deeper.

Gonna be a fun tourney.

7 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Boise State vs Nevada

USU vs UNLV

CSU vs Fresno State

SDSU vs Wyoming

Fresno held Utah st to just 17 pts in the 1st half. You don’t see that every day. And since when was fouling illegal. In the NBA Shaq was hacked about a million times. It’s a legit tactic. Fresno could have easily won that game. They just need to learn to close out games like that. 

1 hour ago, SBBulldog85 said:

Fresno held Utah st to just 17 pts in the 1st half. You don’t see that every day. And since when was fouling illegal. In the NBA Shaq was hacked about a million times. It’s a legit tactic. Fresno could have easily won that game. They just need to learn to close out games like that. 

1 hour ago, SBBulldog85 said:

For sure fouling is part of a team's game plan.  it worked really well in the first half last night.  queta was super  frustrated.  what i find interesting is coach hutson then complaining that his team was getting called for fouls when Meah's sole purpose out there was to be really physical with queta.  

5 hours ago, BodyBagGame said:

UNLV will be lucky to get past Air Force if they play like they did last night. They'll get murdered by the Aggies.

The Pokes struggled mightily against the Aztecs, so that should be a win for SDSU.

Those other two matchups are tasty. Boise playing below average and Nevada looks strong

CSU and Fresno both good, young teams. Gotta give the edge to the Rams. They are just a little deeper.

Gonna be a fun tourney.

The Aztecs have the easiest route to the final which they’ve earned. Wyoming is no match for them. Boise State if they get by Nevada won’t have Kigab. Nevada if they win won’t have Meeks. USU is a bad matchup for the Rams in the other semifinal. The final will be SDSU and USU again with revenge on the Aztecs mind. 

This may be the year the Aztecs actually win the tournament. They need it to get a 7 seed to avoid matching up with the one seed in the second round of the Dance. 

It’ll be interesting to see if and who the second MWC Dance team will be if the top four MWC teams make the MWCT semis and SDSU wins the tournament. I think it’ll be between USU and CSU whichever team makes it to the final against SDSU. The loser and BSU will be out. 

9 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The Aztecs have the easiest route to the final which they’ve earned. Wyoming is no match for them. Boise State if they get by Nevada won’t have Kigab. Nevada if they win won’t have Meeks. USU is a bad matchup for the Rams in the other semifinal. The final will be SDSU and USU again with revenge on the Aztecs mind. 

This may be the year the Aztecs actually win the tournament. They need it to get a 7 seed to avoid matching up with the one seed in the second round of the Dance. 

CSU-USU could be a great game.

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’d go with USU on that one. Queta kicked Roddys butt in their last go round. CSU has no one to match Queta inside and USU also plays good perimeter defense. 

The 2nd CSU game Niko figured out how to neutralize Queta.  That will be an awesome matchup if both win Thursday.  3 point shooting by CSU scares me.