Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Saturday Nite MWC Hoops:USU@Fresno,UNLV@WYO - WHO YA’ GOT?

The final night of regular season MWC Hoops. Games that they shouldn’t bother to play.  Of course Craig Thompson maneuvered the teams into the late night time slot that very few, other than derelicts, will stay up to watch. How about Utah State having to travel, play late against a pretty physical team, and get home early Sunday morning before almost immediately getting on another airplane to hopefully play 3 games in Vegas? 

I’m not touching the Utah State- Fresno State game. I think the Aggies are better but you never know about a final road game.

I am touching the WYO-UNLV game. For one simple reason.  Both teams pretty much live and die by the three. UNLV defends the 3-ball like the French. WYO defends the three-ball like Spartans (the real Greek ones, not the ones from San Jose State). I’m taking WYO -1.

Hope Otz gets a good meal in Laramie. Any recommendations @BSUTOP25 ?

Both of these are difficult to predict. Really wish they weren't on at the same time, especially so late.

I would take Fresno and the points, but I owe my pimp a little too much cash. I like watching both teams, but USU has a little more firepower. Not sure if Miller is playing though.

I am taking the Pokes minus the point, just because I prefer to live on the edge!

We can probably drain just enough 3's to squeak by.

29 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

Both of these are difficult to predict. Really wish they weren't on at the same time, especially so late.

I would take Fresno and the points, but I owe my pimp a little too much cash. I like watching both teams, but USU has a little more firepower. Not sure if Miller is playing though.

I am taking the Pokes minus the point, just because I prefer to live on the edge!

We can probably drain just enough 3's to squeak by.

I doubt Miller plays.  Coach made it sound like on Thursdsy after the game that it was unlikely.  They will more likely rest him so he is as fresh as possible for the tourney.

1 hour ago, Swoll Cracker said:

The final night of regular season MWC Hoops. Games that they shouldn’t bother to play.  Of course Craig Thompson maneuvered the teams into the late night time slot that very few, other than derelicts, will stay up to watch. How about Utah State having to travel, play late against a pretty physical team, and get home early Sunday morning before almost immediately getting on another airplane to hopefully play 3 games in Vegas? 

I’m not touching the Utah State- Fresno State game. I think the Aggies are better but you never know about a final road game.

I am touching the WYO-UNLV game. For one simple reason.  Both teams pretty much live and die by the three. UNLV defends the 3-ball like the French. WYO defends the three-ball like Spartans (the real Greek ones, not the ones from San Jose State). I’m taking WYO -1.

It will be tough for the aggies. Tough stretch for the aggies. This is 4 games in 8 days and 48 hours from the last game with also having to travel to Fresno.  No excuses for the aggies though, if they think they are a tourney level team they have to take care of business tonight.

8 minutes ago, Aggie84025 said:

It will be tough for the aggies. Tough stretch for the aggies. This is 4 games in 8 days and 48 hours from the last game with also having to travel to Fresno.  No excuses for the aggies though, if they think they are a tourney level team they have to take care of business tonight.

The Fresno State - Utah State game is unnecessary.

13 minutes ago, Aggie84025 said:

Guard the 3. Fresno much improved from distance. 

2 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Who you calling a derelict?

Actually going tonight. My first live sports in over a year.

Take Wyo. Easy money. 

Stay away from USU/Fresno. Short turnaround, Fresno has played well lately, and USU laid an egg in their last road game of 2020 (which may have motivated them to win the tourney...Boise and CSU will play with the same desperation next week). However, USU has a pretty good answer for defending Robinson and Queta has been in a zone on both ends of the floor. 

Wyoming leading 43-34 at the half. Shooting 6-9 from beyond the arc. UNLV 1-7 from beyond the arc.

Fresno leads 23-16 with 2 minutes left in the half.