Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

MWC MBB Awards, how would you have it?

Not saying how you think it will be, but how would you have it.

MWC POY: Nemias Queta, I think Queta has been the best player in conference play and this is how the award should be given away. His 2 way impact has been terrific, his offensive game has improved a lot from last year. I agree that Alston is better offensively and Matt has been the best player on the best team, but I'd still give it to Queta. The issue I have with Alston is consistent mediocre defense, it's not a coincidence they had him on non scorers at SDSU, and his lack of physicality can be a issue.

MWC DPOY: Nemias Queta, this is the easiest choice for sure.

MWC COY: Brian Dutcher, there were really no big surprises this year so give it to the conference winner.

MWC FOY: Marcus Williams, very little freshman contributors league wide. Tre Coleman has case

MWC NOY: Grant Sherfield, easy choice

1st Team

Nemias Queta

Matt Mitchell

Derrick Alston

Jordan Schakel

David Roddy

2nd Team

Isaiah Stevens

Grant Sherfield

Nathan Mensah

Justin Bean

Desmond Cambridge

3rd Team

Marcus Williams

Orlando Robinson

Abu Kigab

Adam Thistlewood

Kendle Moore

Will get couple things out of the way: I know a lot of people think Hamilton should make a 2nd team or third team but reality for me is his efficiency and shot chucking was a negative impact on UNLV, not positive. Did you know that as of this moment Bryce Hamilton takes the highest % of his teams shots in the entire country? He does this on a 47.3 TS%, to put it into comparison a average TS% is 54-55 or so. Yes I have schakel on first team, his spacing he creates for SDSU is so huge and his efficiency is insane, it's true he has real limitations but his impact is still huge. 

Hard to argue with any of that. I do wish there was an all defensive team because a guy like Marco Anthony should be recognized for his game changing defense but he won't make all conference without good offensive #s. The job he has done on some really great guards has been amazing.  All they recognize is a single DPOY and when the big Q is around I don't think anyone else has a shot.

Also wish they did an All-Freshman team.

8 minutes ago, Lobonado said:

I think Medved gets Coach of the Year. CSU was picked to finish 5th in the league. Dutcher did a good job, but SDSU was expected to win it anyways.

Picked 5th and finish 3rd? Meh. USU, CSU, UNR, and Fresno St. all finished higher than predicted.

I think Dutcher gets it. His team delivered after losing key players from last year (even if they were predicted to do so).

First Team

Queta

Roddy

Mitchell

Sherfield

Alston

Second Team

Stevens

Robinson

Schakel

Hamilton

Bean

Third Team

Cambridge

Kigab

Walker

Maldonado

Mensah

Queta POY, DPOY

Sherfield NOY

Williams FOY

??? Sixth Man (I think Gomez,Jenkins started too many games, Tonje?)

Medved COY

Defensive Team

Queta

Mitchell

Kigab

Moore

Mensah

9 hours ago, TrueAg said:

Picked 5th and finish 3rd? Meh. USU, CSU, UNR, and Fresno St. all finished higher than predicted.

I think Dutcher gets it. His team delivered after losing key players from last year (even if they were predicted to do so).

Tied for second with you guys. And one game away from being Co-MW champs with SDSU. I wouldn't be surprised if Dutcher wins COY, but what Medved has done this season, with no seniors, is extremely impressive.

21 minutes ago, Lobonado said:

Tied for second with you guys. And one game away from being Co-MW champs with SDSU. I wouldn't be surprised if Dutcher wins COY, but what Medved has done this season, with no seniors, is extremely impressive.

Who won it last year?

11 hours ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

Not saying how you think it will be, but how would you have it.

MWC POY: Nemias Queta, I think Queta has been the best player in conference play and this is how the award should be given away. His 2 way impact has been terrific, his offensive game has improved a lot from last year. I agree that Alston is better offensively and Matt has been the best player on the best team, but I'd still give it to Queta. The issue I have with Alston is consistent mediocre defense, it's not a coincidence they had him on non scorers at SDSU, and his lack of physicality can be a issue.

MWC DPOY: Nemias Queta, this is the easiest choice for sure.

MWC COY: Brian Dutcher, there were really no big surprises this year so give it to the conference winner.

MWC FOY: Marcus Williams, very little freshman contributors league wide. Tre Coleman has case

MWC NOY: Grant Sherfield, easy choice

1st Team

Nemias Queta

Matt Mitchell

Derrick Alston

Jordan Schakel

David Roddy

2nd Team

Isaiah Stevens

Grant Sherfield

Nathan Mensah

Justin Bean

Desmond Cambridge

3rd Team

Marcus Williams

Orlando Robinson

Abu Kigab

Adam Thistlewood

Kendle Moore

Will get couple things out of the way: I know a lot of people think Hamilton should make a 2nd team or third team but reality for me is his efficiency and shot chucking was a negative impact on UNLV, not positive. Did you know that as of this moment Bryce Hamilton takes the highest % of his teams shots in the entire country? He does this on a 47.3 TS%, to put it into comparison a average TS% is 54-55 or so. Yes I have schakel on first team, his spacing he creates for SDSU is so huge and his efficiency is insane, it's true he has real limitations but his impact is still huge. 

I agree with you on Hamilton. Last year he was a positive on UNLV, this year he has not. Some is not his fault as we dont exactly have a ton of other guys he can reliably defer to, but his performance reminds me of 90's style NBA. Not a winning formula.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Isn't the consensus that POTY has lost all prestige after Caleb Martin won it over Hutchison?

How dare you? Keep that MW legend’s name out of your filthy mouth.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Huh?  I talk about Hutchison a lot with Boise fans.

Maybe the least legendary conversation one could think of.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Isn't the consensus that POTY has lost all prestige after Caleb Martin won it over Hutchison?

No, only to Boise fans!!  LOL

"Frankly my dear..I don't give a damn"!