Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Fire Coach Rice!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

In fairness to Leon, BSU doesn't give him much of a budget to work with. 

Give the man some money to hire some assistants before you toss him aside.

Boise doesn't fall apart at the end of every season for lack of talent.

On 3/4/2021 at 5:55 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

In other news...

If Boise is one and done in the tourney - it's going to have huge implications on next season's ticket sales.  Dickey is going to have some tough decisions to make, although I'm almost certain Rice will get 1 more year.  The roster after next season is going to be atrocious as well - unless they can pull in some major transfers again.

They’re none and done and NIT now.

The worst part about all this is I know I will follow the team next year, get my hopes up again in December, be convinced this is the year as Doutrive is scoring 17 ppg and Armus is looking like a beast, and then January will come and we will still be playing well but have a head scratching loss here or there, I will still have the faith, we will still look like a solid at large team, then February will come and we start falling apart, then March will come and I will be forced into having faith we win a few games in the MWCT, where we will lose in the first round again.

30 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

They’re none and done and NIT now.

FWIW I meant this MW tourney but yeah. Ticket sales and attendance next year will be atrocious. Does Dickey make a splash and hope for a rebound with a new coach (on a reduced budget)? Or hope next year will be magical for Rice?

I think Rice gets one more season. If they don’t dance next year he’ll be long overdue for a replacement. Although the bigger issue is still the size of the overall budget.

Rice is the best Boise can do. It's one of the 2 or 3 worst jobs in the conference. The AD won't be able to improve things on the hardwood without sacrificing things on the blue carpet, and there's no chance as a new guy he comes in and pulls something like that 

It's clear the Boise State admin don't care about basketball... the emails from last year revealed that they were OK with moving them to the Big West in order to marginally improve their football program outlook. Basketball will also be in the shadows of the football program, and someone like Rice is a perfect fit for that environment

On 3/3/2021 at 3:13 PM, teappotts said:

Normally I would say there is no chance a power five team would take him off our hands, but after Auburn hired away Harsin my faith has been restored. Make it happen

If it's true Iowa St is actually considering TJ Otz, anything is possible. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

10 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Rice is the best Boise can do. It's one of the 2 or 3 worst jobs in the conference. The AD won't be able to improve things on the hardwood without sacrificing things on the blue carpet, and there's no chance as a new guy he comes in and pulls something like that 

Honest question.  Did axing wrestling and baseball free up any funds for basketball?

11 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Not so sure about that.  New AD seems pretty impressive.  Social media hot shot, very active.  Comes from a basketball culture.  

I think first thing he does when Covid impacts are over is raise the BB budget.  We have low student fees for athletics compared to many here and around the country.  

11 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

when Covid impacts are over is raise the BB budget.  

I agree he seems impressive - a thousand times the AD that Apsey tried to be - but it seems like a perfect storm that he's trying to sail through and I wonder if improving basketball is really on his mind. COVID impacting revenue, needing to bring along the new fb coach he just hired, etc. Not sure if he really has the time or energy for a program rebuild for a team that most Boise fans don't even care about to begin with.

3 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

I agree he seems impressive - a thousand times the AD that Apsey tried to be - but it seems like a perfect storm that he's trying to sail through and I wonder if improving basketball is really on his mind. COVID impacting revenue, needing to bring along the new fb coach he just hired, etc. Not sure if he really has the time or energy for a program rebuild for a team that most Boise fans don't even care about to begin with.

Here is the thing, this year would have seen sellouts all December and January.  The vibe around town was different.  

The fanbase is now lost for good until we get new blood.

12 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

It's clear the Boise State admin don't care about basketball... the emails from last year revealed that they were OK with moving them to the Big West in order to marginally improve their football program outlook. Basketball will also be in the shadows of the football program, and someone like Rice is a perfect fit for that environment

To be fair, not many schools can be great at both football and men’s basketball. Only a few elite programs around the country have successfully pulled that off. Which is why Alabama, USC, Clemson, etc. don’t have that many MBB banners hanging from their rafters. My only wish is that Boise would win just one damn NCAA tournament game in my lifetime. That’s all. Just one.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg