Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Fire Coach Rice!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, utenation said:

Hey, I got a guy you can have if Rice goes.  The only thing is, you have to pay him nearly $4 mil a year. He hasn't been to the big dance in 5 years, currently stinking up the conference and loses players to transfers faster than Madonna lost her virginity. Maybe we could split the buyout?

• Utah – The future of Larry Krystkowiak is an interesting topic, as he’s making $3.75 million per year but hasn’t reached the NCAAs in five seasons. It’s hard to imagine Utah forking over a reported $6.7 million buyout, which means some type of departure agreement would be needed. Would a change do both sides good?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/miller-time-what-e2-80-99s-next-at-indiana-arizona-and-other-hoops-hot-seats/ar-BB1ecZiz?ocid=uxbndlbing

I’m an old Gen Xer. I remember when he was a star player at Montana.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

I wonder if Leon decides to take his talents elsewhere after this season.  Like Harsin he is starting to get on fans nerves, and also like Harsin - he's had enough success that other teams might think he has what it takes to elevate their program a bit?

Maybe somewhere like UW or Cal (bottom two in PAC)? Or maybe TCU or something?

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I wonder if Leon decides to take his talents elsewhere after this season.  Like Harsin he is starting to get on fans nerves, and also like Harsin - he's had enough success that other teams might think he has what it takes to elevate their program a bit?

Normally I would say there is no chance a power five team would take him off our hands, but after Auburn hired away Harsin my faith has been restored. Make it happen

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

2 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I figured he was gone with the first decent offer.  That was before I learned his buyout is 3 mil.  Who is going to pay a 3 million $ buyout for Leon Rice?   

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

22 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I figured he was gone with the first decent offer.  That was before I learned his buyout is 3 mil.  Who is going to pay a 3 million $ buyout for Leon Rice?   

Mike Hopkins makes $2M per year at UW (currently 5-20).

Mark Fox is roughly the same at Cal (Currently 8-19).

Jamie Dixon is making closer to $3M at TCU (currently 12-11 after going .500 last year)  Probably more patience to fire him due to him being an alum.

Just now, bsu_alum9 said:

Jamie Dixon is making closer to $3M at TCU (currently 12-11 after going .500 last year)  Probably more patience to fire him due to him being an alum.

Are any of those schools going to cover a buyout of 3 mil to get Leon Rice?  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

21 hours ago, jewelz4562000 said:

Always supported Rice. This is unacceptable I want him gone.

Next coach won't do better but I don't care he needs fired over this.  Fire Thompson while you are at it for costing the league a bid and fire Hutson for being an idiot and costing his own team money for no reason.

If you think things are bad under Rice then hire Duryea. Afterwards you’ll gain an appreciation for Rice.

19 hours ago, slappy said:

MW will be lucky to get 2 teams.  Deserve 1 bid again this year.  Don't want to see CSU or Utah St embarrass the league again.  Better off just sending 1 

Each NCAA basketball credit is worth about $285,000 in 2021. If both USU and CSU join SDS in the tourney Wyoming’s share will be $57,000 even if neither team wins a game. Feel free to advise your athletic department to refuse the payment if the Aggies and the Rams get into the tourney.

32 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I would take any of those three over Leon Rice. The nice guy schtick gets old after a bit.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 

16 minutes ago, utaggies said:

Each NCAA basketball credit is worth about $285,000 in 2021. If both USU and CSU join SDS in the tourney Wyoming’s share will be $57,000 even if neither team wins a game. Feel free to advise your athletic department to refuse the payment if the Aggies and the Rams get into the tourney.

Multiplied by 6 years. 

31 minutes ago, utaggies said:

If you think things are bad under Rice then hire Duryea. Afterwards you’ll gain an appreciation for Rice.

Uh, we already did hire Duryea.

He's 3-1 against Utah State but O-fer Winfrey against SDSU.

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

One could hope.

18 minutes ago, teappotts said:

I would take any of those three over Leon Rice. The nice guy schtick gets old after a bit.

I am more than ready to take a flyer on someone like Coby Karl or anyone younger and more energetic than the old retread Opie Taylors we get every damn time since Bleymeir ran Dye out of town and blessed us with Rod Jensen.

14 minutes ago, roughrider said:

I am more than ready to take a flyer on someone like Coby Karl or anyone younger and more energetic than the old retread Opie Taylors we get every damn time since Bleymeir ran Dye out of town and blessed us with Rod Jensen.

I agree, I'm simply saying I would take them over Leon Rice.

3 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Here’s your huckleberry...

10A1BA3E-0BB0-4773-8310-345BFF62F04E.jpeg.5abbc7b1c1c29e1bf256d81e3ab8b60a.jpeg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg