Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

San Diego State at UNLV

San Diego State Logo - Link to homepage     University of Nevada Las Vegas

DATE: Wednesday, March 3
TIME: 6 p.m.
SITE: Tarkanian Court, Thomas & Mack Center (18,000), Las Vegas
TV: CBS Sports Network (Jason Horowitz, Chris Walker)
RADIO: ESPN Radio 1100 AM (Jon Sandler, Curtis Terry)
AUDIO: UNLV Gameday App/TuneIn & UNLVRebels.com
STATS: Live Stats at Gameday App & UNLVRebels.com

The series is tied 37-37

UNLV is 22-19 all-time against San Diego State at home

The two teams split the season series last year, each winning on the other’s home floor. The Runnin’ Rebels’ win at SDSU spoiled the Aztecs’ perfect record as the then-No. 4 ranked team in the country entered the contest 26-0. It marked the highest-ranked opponent that UNLV defeated in a true road game in 29 years

San Diego State is 19-4 overall this season and 13-3 in MW play, tied for first place

The Aztecs have won 10 straight games, including a home sweep over Boise State in their most recent outings Feb. 25 and 27

Senior forward Mbacke Diong will be honored pregame for his four years as a Runnin’ Rebel in what could be the final regular-season home game of his collegiate career

UNLV is 5-3 in its last eight outings

UNLV junior guard Bryce Hamilton became the 40th Runnin’ Rebel to eclipse the career 1,000-point mark

UNLV has hosted 11 games this season at the Thomas & Mack Center, going 8-3

41.3% of the Runnin’ Rebels’ shot attempts have come from behind the arc and 36.9% of their points have come on 3-pointers

Since the 3-point field goal was adopted by the NCAA in 1986-87, UNLV has converted at least one 3-pointer in all 1,125 games played

The 2020-21 season marks the 38th year of Runnin’ Rebel basketball in the Thomas & Mack Center. UNLV has posted an all-time record of 508-135 (.790) in the arena since it opened in 1983

May be an image of 2 people, people playing sports, ball and text

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

Dare I repeat my UNLV moneyline bet of last year... DARE I?!

Nope. I'm guessing the Aztecs are still pissed about that, most of them were on that team.

It won't be pretty.

I think tomorrow night will be a closer game than most predict.  UNLV has nothing to loose by playing this game and will be loose and play with energy.  I believe the Aztecs need to come ready to play tomorrow.  It helps that Boise lost tonight and coaches can drive that message home to the players, don't take games for granted.

3 minutes ago, FinnaSmash05 said:

UNLV playing tough like they always do vs. SDSU.

We'll see if we can wear you guys down in the second half but Hamilton having 3 fouls is big for sure.

There have been a lot of close games between these two teams, for sure. But we don't have the manpower to stay with you in the second half, especially since Bryce will be spending a lot of time on the bench. This is a game where we miss Coleman, the kid was a coach on the court.

Asking as sincerely as I can, what's holding UNLV back from being a really good team?
You can see the talent and measurables are there but it seems there's always quick shots, defensive lapses, etc.
Is it a string of bad coaches, recruiting the wrong type of player or what?

Just now, FinnaSmash05 said:

Asking as sincerely as I can, what's holding UNLV back from being a really good team?
You can see the talent and measurables are there but it seems there's always quick shots, defensive lapses, etc.
Is it a string of bad coaches, recruiting the wrong type of player or what?

The talent level is not where it needs to be.  There’s no true PG without Coleman, there’s not enough athleticism, there’s not a legitimate low post threat.  Also, the pandemic really hurt things.