Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Monday Nite MWC Hoops: Air Force@Colorado State - WHO YA’ GOT?

Everybody knows I won’t touch CSU games.

I’m interested in one thing tonight.  CSU has had major turnover issues since the Boise State series. At some point it will probably come back to bite them. They scored an amazing 1.15 points per possession in the first game against Air Force after turning the ball over on nearly 1/3 of those possessions. 20 turnovers in 61 possessions. Which means that the Rams scored 72 points in 41 possessions, a ridiculously high 1.76 points per possession when they didnt turn the ball over. Which means if they cut those turnovers in half and operate at the same efficiency, they will score about 17 more points than they did on Saturday. 

Some of what happened on Saturday was rust as the turnover rate dropped as the game went on. CSU only had two turnovers in the final 10 minutes. But there are concerns that the Rams are struggling to find the balance between playing fast and playing smart. They are in the Top 20 nationally in all shooting categories. Fix the turnover issue and they should theoretically get better.

Rams looked completely bored for most of the first half Saturday. Lots of boneheaded turnovers. I don't think they do that tonight. 

I will take the Rams minus the 20.

4 hours ago, BodyBagGame said:

Rams looked completely bored for most of the first half Saturday. Lots of boneheaded turnovers. I don't think they do that tonight. 

I will take the Rams minus the 20.

Air Force wins straight up....

(One can always dream)

GO FALCONS

..GO FALCONS..

RAMS won by 20 on Saturday coming off of a 3 week hiatus and playing an extremely rusty 1st half.  They SHOULD beat that spread easy. 

Swoll is wise to not bet on "should".

12 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

30C62019-6033-4798-B24E-9E8FA2ACE503.jpeg

Serious business.

Back in the day, this game would be off the board.  This is just stupid -5000 ?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

3 minutes ago, Rebels2k3 said:

What's up with Colorado State's jerseys?

They are the state pride jerseys I think they said.

@Swoll Cracker, hey buddy, just heard breaking news, that the battle for first place/ RST, between UNM and CSU in women’s basketball, got moved to Albuquerque. Who you got in that match up?

Breaking: Two Lobo women's basketball games WILL be played in the Pit this week for first time in more than a year (for college games), and a Mountain West championship is on the line. No fans, but hosts CSU on THU and FRI. https://abqjournal.com/2364694/games-coming-to-the-pit.html via

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

46 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

@Swoll Cracker, hey buddy, just heard breaking news, that the battle for first place/ RST, between UNM and CSU in women’s basketball, got moved to Albuquerque. Who you got in that match up?

Breaking: Two Lobo women's basketball games WILL be played in the Pit this week for first time in more than a year (for college games), and a Mountain West championship is on the line. No fans, but hosts CSU on THU and FRI. https://abqjournal.com/2364694/games-coming-to-the-pit.html via

CSU women lost to Air Force today which broke their 8-game winning streak. I think they’ll split.

We split with them as well. Gonna be a good series. Wish they allowed fans. 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."