Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoboMan59

UNM: Breaking News, Weir and The Lobos to Part Ways!!!

22 minutes ago, motohead said:

Wow, didn't see that coming. I'm betting he was about to get axed as soon as the season was over anyways. 

Looking like it was a known happening within UNM admin and the AD and coach Weir, just waiting to find a time to make the announcement... late this afternoon/evening?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

You don't need to be choir boy to be a good coach. IE: look at Tark. I think New Mexico should take a serious look at Gregg Marshall and if they can land him put in some serious contact conduct restrictions.I don't have a dog in this fight other than improving the MWC.

31 minutes ago, westfan said:

You don't need to be choir boy to be a good coach. IE: look at Tark. I think New Mexico should take a serious look at Gregg Marshall and if they can land him put in some serious contact conduct restrictions.I don't have a dog in this fight other than improving the MWC.

Frank Martin would be a better choice

5 minutes ago, Lobonado said:

Thank goodness! PW is a good guy, but a horrible coach.

Top Candidates:

Frank Martin

Tim Miles

We can make Jean Prioleau available, to add to this list. 

27 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Yeah, but I kinda want UNLV to hire him after TJ goes to Iowa State, lol

Wanna know something.  Not that he’s ever said anything to me about it but I think Tim would have loved to have gone to UNLV.

1 minute ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Wanna know something.  Not that he’s ever said anything to me about it but I think Tim would have loved to have gone to UNLV.

IIRC, I think he had just gone to Nebraska when we ended up hiring Menzies. He would've been my choice, he did a great job turning CSU around.

Tell him to wait for a few weeks before accepting UNM, Iowa St. fans just know TJ's going there. Our season(s) will both be over with when our conference tournaments are done.

3 minutes ago, nmlongbow said:

I hope it's not Miles. I don't think he could win over the Lobo fan base plus he's a career mediocre coach. Frank Martin would be great but I doubt we could make the $$ work. 

Martin definitely wanted the UNLV job, something about being on the west coast, and now that he's been fired from South Carolina, maybe he would work for less at UNM.

But I disagree with you about him being a career mediocre coach. It just didn't work at Nebraska.