Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Biden is trying to suppress the media

3 hours ago, CV147 said:

Shall not be infringed is the key. Is this an infringement or isn't it? I'd say charging a press member $170 per day is an infringement.

No...because you need to read the whole amendment.

'Congress shall make no law'.

Did Trump infringe upon freedom of the press by not having press briefings at all?  The answer is no.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I think it's stupid to charge them and not just provide the tests, but are any organizations with press corp access really gonna sneeze at the $170?

Honest question, I don't know how big you have to be in order to get in?

5 hours ago, CV147 said:

$170 every time they come in is excessive and constitutes a fee. I didn't see the part about an outside tests, but even a test every day is excessive, in my opinion.

I’m torn.  I appreciate taking Covid testing seriously and the networks can certainly afford tests.  But they should have a hardship for smaller entities.  

5 hours ago, CV147 said:

Shall not be infringed is the key. Is this an infringement or isn't it? I'd say charging a press member $170 per day is an infringement.

They aren’t charging the individual.  The question is it onerous for those attending?  For the major players probably not.   I think you point is valid but it’s also valid to protect the White House staff.   For most it’s a minuscule cost of doing business.  

This is an absoulte loser of an idea.  Whether or not the White House press corp should pay for it's own covid tests or have them subsidized by the government is irrelavant.  Biden will not come out of this good.  Talk about picking a stupid, trivial and unwinnable fight.

I'll be honest, so far I am not impressed with several of the Biden administrations decisions.

I see it as double gouging, taxes pay the salaries of the government staff and testing and the press are "supposed" to help the public be informed by reporting what they say and asking questions. Otoh the press are making $$ off the stories so maybe they should pay since they are also private corporations. Don't we have a public broadcasting system? 😂😂