Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Liberals make Potatoes Gender Neutral

Wasn't it Mr. Potato Head who made potatoes into a gender in the first place?

This seems about as dumb as the conservative backlash is going to be. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

9 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Honestly, as unnecessary as I think this is...this is brilliant marketing. Mr. Potato Head or Potato Head dolls were on basically nobody's minds.  Now it is all over the news.  Have to give it to the marketers.  Brilliant. 

This. Nobody buys Mr. Potato head toys anymore. Now someone might buy them to make some dumb point. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

8 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Honestly, as unnecessary as I think this is...this is brilliant marketing. Mr. Potato Head or Potato Head dolls were on basically nobody's minds.  Now it is all over the news.  Have to give it to the marketers.  Brilliant. 

I wonder how many people will “hate-buy” these to destroy them on social media? Reminds me of Nike signing Kaep to that apparel deal. 

25 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

This. Nobody buys Mr. Potato head toys anymore. Now someone might buy them to make some dumb point. 

This isn’t true. It’s been a very steady and profitable product portfolio for Hasbro. I know this for a fact. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

12 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

This isn’t true. It’s been a very steady and profitable product portfolio for Hasbro. I know this for a fact. 

Never question a Boise dude about their potato knowledge. Plastic or other. I’d bet Soup has recently learned how to burn said plastic potato... Nose, eye glasses and little attachable feet all in one glorious toxic smoke-laden, ball of fun. 

Guessing the Toy Story movies have kept Mr AND Mrs Potato Head relevant. 

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

Wasn't it Mr. Potato Head who made potatoes into a gender in the first place?

This seems about as dumb as the conservative backlash is going to be. 

imagine pulling for gender roles so hard that you get enraged at the suggestion that a potato isn't a man

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, OrediggerPoke said:

No shit. I remember when Target announced it would no longer label departments based on gender. People got so upset. I told some, actually take it as a compliment. Target believes you are smart enough to know that men's underwear is not next to the rack with bras hanging on it. If you see TVs and other electronics, you don't go there looking for sweaters, right? Sometimes, they got more upset that I was reassuring them of having enough sense.

And it's a potato for f'n sakes. Yeah it's cute that there can be a Mr. & Mrs. couple, but they are potatoes.

54 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

How much of that is Toy Story royalties and associated business?

8 minutes ago, happycamper said:

imagine pulling for gender roles so hard that you get enraged at the suggestion that a potato isn't a man

I am paid (poorly) to imagine this sort of thing. 

1 hour ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I wonder how many people will “hate-buy” these to destroy them on social media? Reminds me of Nike signing Kaep to that apparel deal. 

And the videos of the stupid who actually wore them while setting them on fire. Smart people for sure.

5 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

No shit. I remember when Target announced it would label departments based on gender any more. People got so upset. I told, actually take it as a compliment. Target believes you are smart enough to know that men's underwear is not next to the rack with bras hanging on it. If you see TVs and other electronics, you don't go looking for sweaters there, right? Some times they got more upset that I was reassuring them of having enough sense.

And it's a potato for f'n sakes. Yeah it's cute that there can be a Mr. & Mrs. couple, but they are potatoes.

it's cloned anyway

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

El oh el. Do you really need to know if a potato is a Mr. or Mrs.? :rotflmfao: