Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Cancel Cuomo

23 hours ago, renoskier said:

not worried

Cuomo will have his dick in his hand, and then very confidently and methodically go over point by point explaining how it’s not possible that his dick is in his hand. And if he were to ever admit that it was in his hand, it would be someone else’s fault. 

kat.jpg

On 2/24/2021 at 11:25 PM, smltwnrckr said:

If only there was someone on this board who knew a thing or two about ny media, ny politics and ny politicians.

I didn't say much about Cuomo one way or another during early covid for a reason. I saw this coming, all the way down the jackasses on the right thinking they didnt play a role in it.. I should have said something the same way i called covid becoming a national political litmus test. 

Well, ya can't win em all. But it's a good lesson to learn. Sharks gotta keep on sharkin' 

Yep. Nobody should be shocked about Cuomo. He’s always been a thug. His father was a thug. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Things only looking worse for Cuomo...  what a creep.  Is this the same board that started 100 page threads about Kavanaugh, Trump, etc?  I guess the hypocrites only care about this sort of thing when it’s the “other team”?

This board has universal dislike of Cuomo now because of this (and the Covid failures).  Meanwhile Trump nuthuggers still think Trump handled the virus perfectly and all 28+ of his sexual assault allegations are make-believe or don't matter. The Democratic team doesn't nuthug nearly as well as the QOP.

12 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Things only looking worse for Cuomo...  what a creep.  Is this the same board that started 100 page threads about Kavanaugh, Trump, etc?  I guess the hypocrites only care about this sort of thing when it’s the “other team”?

giphy.gif

cerified_Subarus.jpg

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

This board has universal dislike of Cuomo now because of this (and the Covid failures).  Meanwhile Trump nuthuggers still think Trump handled the virus perfectly and all 28+ of his sexual assault allegations are make-believe or don't matter. The Democratic team doesn't nuthug nearly as well as the QOP.

Bill Clinton agrees.   So does Joe Bidumb. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

22 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

It’s amazing how even mega media darlings like Cuomo can lose their protection if enough momentum of scandal is built up. This is exactly what ‘wag the dog’ was created for (fiction or real). 

I think the only issue with your first sentence is that a politician becomes a darling to anyone in the first place.  If you mess up, you should face the music.  

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I think the only issue with your first sentence is that a politician becomes a darling to anyone in the first place.  If you mess up, you should face the music.  

I agree, no politician should ever be protected by the media. But the media in modern times have always been a 90/10 or 95/5 split voting nearly 100% Dem. So as our society has become more and more politically polarized on both sides, it hasn’t been shocking to see personal opinion creep more and more into what’s supposed to be objective news. 

I think the Dem media bias remained about the same up until the 2000 election when the Bush vs. Gore hanging chad fiasco occurred. The internet was also booming at that time and the 2 combined and exploded. I think that’s when the polarization went to a logarithmic explosion up to 2016.

Then Trump came along and polarization went nuclear. The media no longer tried to sell that they were objective. To them, the stakes were so high, they no longer tried to deny they had bias and or activism. They felt that Trump gave them a license to be activist reporters to save the country, and it was the only ethical thing to do. If there was ever a perfect example of “the ends justifies the means”, that was it. 

But once the cat has been out of the bag a while, it’s almost impossible to put it back in. And in this case, it ain’t going to happen in our lifetime. So we’re stuck with an activist media. If you can’t trust the MSM to be objective any longer, people will search out more and more what they want to hear. Who likes to hear bad news? That continues to polarize even more, and that’s a huge danger to our future. 

kat.jpg

4 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

The difference is in this case the claims of the women are being taken seriously and he'll be gone very soon. He's already gone but he doesn't know it.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

When the first allegation came out, after the nursing home scandal finally blew up, he still had an approval rating in the high 50’s. I thought he’d survive it all politically. Now I’m not so sure.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Just now, NVGiant said:

Al Franken was taken down for far less. Cuomo is done. 

Hell, Spitzer was taken down for less.

Cuomo has long standing enemies in the party and the ny media. As soon as he became seen as a man of action over COVID, I smelled a scandal brewing. 

@Old_SD_Dude seems to be right. The big difference these days between the Democrats and the GOP is that in the GOP, when theres a scandal revealing you to be a scum bag, it increases your approval rating. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

11 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Al Franken was taken down for far less. Cuomo is done. 

Not necessarily. The lesson nowadays is that politicians can stick through a scandal and it will blow over. See: Trump and Virginia's Governor.

12 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Hell, Spitzer was taken down for less.

Cuomo has long standing enemies in the party and the ny media. As soon as he became seen as a man of action over COVID, I smelled a scandal brewing. 

@Old_SD_Dude seems to be right. The big difference these days between the Democrats and the GOP is that in the GOP, when theres a scandal revealing you to be a scum bag, it increases your approval rating. 

Yeah, I think he’s right, too. The Dems certainly have their issues, but as the party is currently constructed, it’s nearly impossible to survive this sort of thing right now. The pressure is coming from within the party on these sexual harassment issues.

1 minute ago, Maji said:

Not necessarily. The lesson nowadays is that politicians can stick through a scandal and it will blow over. See: Trump and Virginia's Governor.

Nah. Cuomo is cooked.

15 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Does Cuomo end the week in office? 

This will probably drag on for awhile.  Cuomo doesn't really have much to lose by fighting the allegations and hoping this just blows over.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama