Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Boise State-San Diego State

8 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The boomer generation is the worst American generation, ever. 

Right, those assholes were nothing but scumbag, losers...

Everything handed to them...

The Paris Hilton of generations....

New-Signature.jpg

On 2/28/2021 at 4:14 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He is a longer, more athletic and more dynamic Hamilton.  A rich man's Bryce.  That means Europe.

After watching him these last two games, I've changed my take on Alston.  He's good enough to be a late pick or FA and possibly stick if he gets a chance, IMO. That hasn't been my opinion in the past.  He's gotten noticeably bigger and stronger and his shot looks better.  If you talk to him, let him know I've changed my mind.  I'm sure he'll be relieved.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, Jeffkills said:

Chill out, we'll hand it over to you...in another 20-30 years :rotflmfao:

3 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

But look on the bright side, we’re a convenient excuse for succeeding generations! No one has to take responsibility for anything because the boomers already +++++ed it up. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Just for the record, I admire the boomers...

I guess I should've stepped up my sarcasm game...

They're not quite the greatest generation - WW2 folks, but I think the boomers did excellent things...  How anyone could dog the people responsible for advancing space exploration so rapidly is WAY beyond me...  I'm not talking about the bums, spare-changing in San Fran with flowers in their hair either..  I'm talking about, these guys:

Millennials, on the other hand:

New-Signature.jpg

6 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

Just for the record, I admire the boomers...

I guess I should've stepped up my sarcasm game...

They're not quite the greatest generation - WW2 folks, but I think the boomers did excellent things...  How anyone could dog the people responsible for advancing space exploration so rapidly is WAY beyond me...  I'm not talking about the bums, spare-changing in San Fran with flowers in their hair either..  I'm talking about, these guys:

Millennials, on the other hand:

Wat.  Boomers were the ones who killed space exploration.

I won't even let these younger generations change my oil. It's not that hard, but they keep finding ways to screw it up.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

16 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

Yeah. Like the polio epidemic, the Cold War, the Cuban Missile Crisis and regular drop drills in elementary school, the assassination of a president and five years later Martin Luther King Jr., Vietnam and the draft and people getting thrown in jail and having a criminal record in every state simply for possessing any quantity of marijuana.

I'll never forget the Missiles of October. I was seven and it was the first time I noticed actual fear in my parents.

For you guys it's apparently all about the economy. You sound like young Trumps.

7 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Yeah. Like the polio epidemic, the Cold War, the Cuban Missile Crisis and regular drop drills in elementary school, the assassination of a president and five years later Martin Luther King Jr., Vietnam and the draft and people getting thrown in jail and having a criminal record in every state simply for possessing any quantity of marijuana.

I'll never forget the Missiles of October. I was seven and it was the first time I noticed actual fear in my parents.

For you guys it's apparently all about the economy. You sound like young Trumps.

You guys were fine until the 80's...then it was cutting edu spending, the massive expansion of student loan programs, doubling down on the drug war, +++++ing South America way up...and that's just the 80's. 

37 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

You guys were fine until the 80's...then it was cutting edu spending, the massive expansion of student loan programs, doubling down on the drug war, +++++ing South America way up...and that's just the 80's. 

I'll accept some collective guilt but I didn't vote for Reagan nor did I vote for HW Bush. IMO, HW was incompetent and Reagan might be the most overrated president in history. At a minimum, Republican nuthuggers ignore what a scumbag Reagan was with Iran-Contra, although it might be argued part of that can be attributed to his senility so it was actually Nancy Reagan's scumbaggery. Certainly she's to be blamed for the idiocy of the "Just Say No" campaign.

38 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I'll accept some collective guilt but I didn't vote for Reagan nor did I vote for HW Bush. IMO, HW was incompetent and Reagan might be the most overrated president in history. At a minimum, Republican nuthuggers ignore what a scumbag Reagan was with Iran-Contra, although it might be argued part of that can be attributed to his senility so it was actually Nancy Reagan's scumbaggery. Certainly she's to be blamed for the idiocy of the "Just Say No" campaign.

Don't forget you guys destroyed the environment at home and abroad, let our infrastructure crumble, destroyed our social fabric with the way you play politics, destroyed k-12 education not just made university outrageously expensive, and on and on and on

Seriously the worst generation in American history and the only generation in America to ever leave a worse quality of life for their children.

I've proposed this before, but we should just round up all the boomers, put them underground and use their bodies as batteries (like in the Matrix or Futurama) to power the technology they don't understand.

This generation has the audacity to always complain about the kids these days working on cleaning up the disaster you made.

16 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Don't forget you guys destroyed the environment at home and abroad, let our infrastructure crumble, destroyed our social fabric with the way you play politics, destroyed k-12 education not just made university outrageously expensive, and on and on and on

Seriously the worst generation in American history and the only generation in America to ever leave a worse quality of life for their children.

I'll admit there's some merit to what you say. As I mentioned, I didn't vote for any of the Republicans who imposed draconian tax structures which cut public school funds to ribbons while reimplementing a tax rate for the rich of a kind which had been opposed all through Republican president Eisenhauer's two terms in office as well as Nixon's one and a half terms. Nor for that matter have I supported the orange shit stain Republican who was our president the last four years.

What I will accept blame for is having been a "progressive" Democrat all through the '80s and '90s. As such, I bought all the progressive ideas about child rearing which were counter to the way I was raised and for a number of years my wife and I were much too lenient with our son and ended up sending him away to wilderness camp and boarding school for a year and then family therapy for several years after because he had gotten out of control as a teenager. He hated us for that but now that he's almost 28 and on his own, he acknowledges it was one of the best things that ever happened to him.

Note to those who aren't yet parents. Listen to your children yes, but because kids don't have experience to draw on and actually want guidance from you, do not negotiate with them.

2 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I'll admit there's some merit to what you say. As I mentioned, I didn't vote for any of the Republicans who imposed draconian tax structures which cut public school funds to ribbons while reimplementing a tax rate for the rich of a kind which had been opposed all through Republican president Eisenhauer's two terms in office as well as Nixon's one and a half terms. Nor for that matter have I supported the orange shit stain Republican who was our president the last four years.

What I will accept blame for is having been a "progressive" Democrat all through the '80s and '90s. As such, I bought all the progressive ideas about child rearing which were counter to the way I was raised and for a number of years my wife and I were much too lenient with our son and ended up sending him away to wilderness camp and boarding school for a year and then family therapy for several years after because he had gotten out of control as a teenager. He hated us for that but now that he's almost 28 and on his own, he acknowledges it was one of the best things that ever happened to him.

Note to those who aren't yet parents. Listen to your children yes, but because kids don't have experience to draw on and actually want guidance from you, do not negotiate with them.

That's not good enough.  To show contrition for the sins of your generation you must dye your hair green or blue and choose a new pronoun.  Being a millenial, let me know if you need help, I know 74 you can choose from.

2 hours ago, teappotts said:

I won't even let these younger generations change my oil. It's not that hard, but they keep finding ways to screw it up.

I know a business owner (paving company) in Cali who won't even interview millennials for job openings unless he knows the family.   He wants them older, or right out of school.  Like many, he believes the millennials are the most lazy, self entitled, group of people on the planet.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

4 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I know a business owner (paving company) in Cali who won't even interview millennials for job openings unless he knows the family.   He wants them older, or right out of school.  Like many, he believes the millennials are the most lazy, self entitled, group of people on the planet.  

Won't hire them, and then ask why they don't have jobs.  The logic is astounding.

Just now, East Coast Aztec said:

Won't hire them, and then ask why they don't have jobs.  The logic is astounding.

The same guy had to lay some people off in (I think) '09.  He went out to the parking lot and looked at his employee's cars.   Anyone with an Obama sticker was gone.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

The same guy had to lay some people off in (I think) '09.  He went out to the parking lot and looked at his employee's cars.   Anyone with an Obama sticker was gone.

So you are friends with a dude that breaks federal law habitually?  Typical boomer.