Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aslowhiteguy

Mitt Romney: Trump will win GOP nonination in '24

2 hours ago, sjsbuff said:

With any luck, Twice Impeached Orange Shit Stain Man will be decked out in similarly colored prison duds...

They didn't lock Hillary up. Trump has nothing to worry about. 

Bidumb is the guy who needs to worry.  He's as dirty as a Clinton.  If the GOP gets the House & Senate in '22, Bidumb will find himself under investigation. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

54 minutes ago, robe said:

I love the Rock and WWE. 

Tiger Woods would be immensely popular.  Once this latest thing blows over. No one is perfect.

Perhaps Trump can restart celebrity apprentice:thumbsup: on TV and the rubes can pick between Tom Brady, Elon Musk,  and the Rock.   Those guys are imminently qualified entertainers who don't know shit about governing... perfect fit for the GOP.

Posted Image

5 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

But he politicized covid by prioritizing vaccines for the wealthy, white elderly, (and threatened to cut out counties that pointed out the disparity) - you know those who are most susceptible to the disease.  The HORROR!!!  He should just take a page from Saint Cuomo’s book and try to kill them all.

FIFY

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

43 minutes ago, happycamper said:

the harvardification of the political class has been shitty for candidates, hasn't it? I mean from guys like trump and hawley who pretend to be of the middle class to pete buttigieg who comes off as a technocrat to elizabeth warren who actually did grow up working class to mitt romney they all attended more or less the same schools and met the same people. as such even out of this diverse cross section of ideology they have a... call it a house style. it doesn't matter what they're saying or what their goals are it sounds the same and their ends tend to be steered similarly as well. 

hell part of the reason why trump and bernie are so insurgently popular is probably because they never were part of that cultural ruling class. 

in my opinion... it isn't great. just listening to both the dnc and the rnc there's a truckload of groupthink and a distinct lack of viewpoint diversity.

And even with Trump and Bernie, Trump was an Ivy League grad (after transferring from Fordham) and Bernie graduated from the University of Chicago. Pretty sad that two guys with “just” undergrad degrees from very elite institutions are outliers in D.C. since they aren’t grads from Ivy League Law Schools. 

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

But not the Tony’s because Hamilton won?

No, theyre ok because the book of mormon won. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

You shouldn’t mock your heroes. 

Your primary qualification for a candidate is that he "owns the libs" by affecting some kind of daddy energy

Yet you complain about divisiveness in politics and call anyone to the left of you dumb

Yikes

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

Perhaps Trump can restart celebrity apprentice:thumbsup: on TV and the rubes can pick between Tom Brady, Elon Musk,  and the Rock.   Those guys are imminently qualified entertainers who don't know shit about governing... perfect fit for the GOP.

Well Reagan and Trump were both Democrat and entertainers. We need to find a former Democrat entertainer. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

There is no evidence that storms are getting stronger or sea level rise is accelerating. 

What? There is all kinds of evidence of these things over the past 100+ years.  What isn’t as clear are the various causes and how they relate, and, what mitigation measures humans can take (if any).  

I support fossil fuel use clearly but to deny real science is stupid.  

2 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

What? There is all kinds of evidence of these things over the past 100+ years.  What isn’t as clear are the various causes and how they relate, and, what mitigation measures humans can take (if any).  

Of course there is. I just hope Florida is underwater before they figure out OANN and Newsmax probably isn’t the best place to turn for actual news. 

14 minutes ago, robe said:

Well Reagan and Trump were both Democrat and entertainers. We need to find a former Democrat entertainer. 

Governator Arnold, Tommy Tuberville, Steve Largent...GOP worship clueless celebrity yet simultaneously feels shunned by them.   Very Trumpiam to always be seeking their attention and celebrity and also being embittered when they shun you. 

Posted Image

6 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

C02 emissions dropped by 7% last year due to Covid yet the temperature still went up. So I agree with “if any” 

But I think we should try to convert to the cleanest energy. 

I think we should be like France and be almost completely green. We should be building more Nuclear power plants and shutting down coal and other power plants. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.