Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aslowhiteguy

Mitt Romney: Trump will win GOP nonination in '24

42 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Lol - remember not that long ago when Cuomo was the media darling? 

They gave him an emmy. Steve Carell never won an Emmy, nor did Andy Griffith, Connie Britton, George Clooney, Kerry Washington...you get the time point.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

11 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I wouldn’t vote for Trump again even though I supported most of his policies. He exposed the mass media, Democrats, and the deep state for what they are and it was great entertainment watching the Democrat supporters and representatives throw a tantrum for four years, but it was even a little too divisive and chaotic for my taste. 

I’ll have to see who the Republicans run next time. If it’s Romney or some other mealy mouthed wimpy milquetoast, I’ll vote Libertarian, or not all. 

When he was running against Hilary, I believed whomever won would only serve serve a single term.                           

Despite his flaws, I still think he was a much better choice than Bidumb.  But I'm not surprised or all that disappointed that he lost.  

Trump essentially killed off both the Clinton & Bush political dynasties.  He also got us three good SCOTUS justices.  He fought back against the media and proved a non-politician can become POTUS.  I will be forever grateful for the good things he did, even if I don't vote for him again.      

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

DeSantis is like Bush 2.0 with his dumb guy energy. And he's from Florida. 

Doubt he runs in 2024 though. And even if he does, he won't get out of the field unless Trump sprinkles the holy water on him

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

46 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

DeSantis is like Bush 2.0 with his dumb guy energy. And he's from Florida. 

Doubt he runs in 2024 though. And even if he does, he won't get out of the field unless Trump sprinkles the holy water on him

This, if Trump does not run, the winner of the primary will be whoever he endorses.

2 hours ago, robe said:

That is hard to say. I hope I have a better choice. It won’t be Romney. The post election behavior was concerning. I’d prefer a minority who can sell conservative movement to minorities who are usually conservative except at the ballot box. Tim Scott maybe. He is too nice though.

I’d prefer a non politician again. Dwayne Johnson or Matthew McConaughey, usually Hollywood conservatives are quite about how they believe. They might be liberal nuts who knows.  We need a asshole who doesn’t care. I’m not voting for a friend. I’m voting for the way the country is headed. The left was brutal to Reagan. I loved how Trump punched back. 

Tiger Woods would be my ideal choice.

For hating Hollywood elites you guys sure love you some media personalities to mindlessly follow!

Posted Image

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

They gave him an emmy. Steve Carell never won an Emmy, nor did Andy Griffith, Connie Britton, George Clooney, Kerry Washington...you get the time point.

Doesn't that prove the emmy's were always worthless, not that they are suddenly worthless because of the liberal media or whatever?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Now that the impeachment is over, I couldn't give two shits about what happens to this guy. I will enjoy ignoring him until 2024, and hopefully will enjoy ignoring him after that. 

I came across a link the other day to a story about the supreme court decision on his taxes. Clicked on the link to his fulls statement, just to see what his response was. Got like a sentence in, and just stopped reading. It was nice. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

When he was running against Hilary, I believed whomever won would only serve serve a single term.                           

Despite his flaws, I still think he was a much better choice than Bidumb.  But I'm not surprised or all that disappointed that he lost.  

Trump essentially killed off both the Clinton & Bush political dynasties.  He also got us three good SCOTUS justices.  He fought back against the media and proved a non-politician can become POTUS.  I will be forever grateful for the good things he did, even if I don't vote for him again.      

I remember I prayed for Trump to be the nominee in 2016... unfortunately you prayed harder and got Hillary.   That doesn't stop me from praying for Trump again!

Posted Image

52 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Doesn't that prove the emmy's were always worthless, not that they are suddenly worthless because of the liberal media or whatever?

No, pretty sure it’s a big highlighter over how slobberingly stupid the media treated the situation. If they were worthless, there wouldn’t be a big party, preceded by days of purging, where everyone dresses up every year and pretends they don’t want to win when they desperately do. Those things are hard to win, man. If it was as simple as getting a few thousand old people killed and fraudulently covering it up, everybody would do it.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

46 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

No, pretty sure it’s a big highlighter over how slobberingly stupid the media treated the situation. If they were worthless, there wouldn’t be a big party, preceded by days of purging, where everyone dresses up every year and pretends they don’t want to win when they desperately do. Those things are hard to win, man. If it was as simple as getting a few thousand old people killed and fraudulently covering it up, everybody would do it.

No,  The emmy's have always been worthless. Same as the oscars and the grammy's.

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

For hating Hollywood elites you guys sure love you some media personalities to mindlessly follow!

I love the Rock and WWE. 

Tiger Woods would be immensely popular.  Once this latest thing blows over. No one is perfect.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

5 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

Trump isn’t getting the nomination in 2024.  Good luck with that.

:unsure: :whistle:

https://thehill.com/homenews/politics-101/539779-almost-half-of-republicans-would-join-trump-party-poll

Almost half of Republicans would join Trump party: poll

Nearly half of Republicans say they would abandon the party as it is currently structured and join a new party if former President Trump was its leader, according to a new poll released Sunday. 

A Suffolk University-USA Today poll found that 46 percent of Republicans said they would abandon the GOP and join the Trump party if the former president decided to create one. Only 27 percent said they would stay with the GOP, with the remainder indicating they would be undecided. 

"We feel like Republicans don't fight enough for us, and we all see Donald Trump fighting for us as hard as he can, every single day," a Republican and small-business owner from Milwaukee told the newspaper. "But then you have establishment Republicans who just agree with establishment Democrats and everything, and they don't ever push back."

Seems that over racism, stupidity, adultery & non-stop idiocy is appealing to a lot of voters :unsure: 

Some 64% of Republican voters said that they would likely join a new political party if former President Donald Trump were to start one, according to a Hill-HarrisX poll that the Hill reported Thursday. The poll also found that 28% of independents and 15% of Democrats said that they would likely join a third party if Trump were to start one.

Bottom line of these numbers is that if he wants, trump could shred the republican party & possibly kill it off in the coming two election cycles........the orange crap stain has already fundamentally changed the republican party that was in decline and now has handed it to lunatics, nut jobs & authoritarians 

4 hours ago, Bob said:

Desantis 2024!!!!!!!  Let's go

Desantis is asking Florida voters for $1 Billion dollars to fight climate change as insurance prices on the Florida coast keep climbing.  you sure lol.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2021/01/28/desantis-calls-for-1-billion-to-brace-for-climate-change/

4 hours ago, Bob said:

I actually want to move on from Trump. Desantis is Trump without the baggage. DeSantis will make America truly great again.

Again with this "again" shit.

When has America ever been greater than today?

Was it greater for all Americans?

3 minutes ago, Billings said:

Desantis is asking Florida voters for $1 Billion dollars to fight climate change as insurance prices on the Florida coast keep climbing.  you sure lol.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2021/01/28/desantis-calls-for-1-billion-to-brace-for-climate-change/

New slogan...

GOP...the Climate Change Party :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I wouldn’t vote for Trump again even though I supported most of his policies. He exposed the mass media, Democrats, Rinos, and the deep state for what they are and it was great entertainment watching the Democrat supporters and representatives throw a tantrum for four years, but it was even a little too divisive and chaotic for my taste. 

I’ll have to see who the Republicans run next time. If it’s Romney or some other mealy mouthed wimpy milquetoast, I’ll vote Libertarian, or not all. 

This. 

1 - I voted for Trump 2x. Because of the way he handled the election I won't vote for him again. Trump had his time, let's move on. 

2. - I will not vote for a spineless loser Like Jeb Bush or Mitt Romney. I wan't a conservative fighter, not a focus group approved stuffed suit that will little by little cave to the left. 

3. If the GOP nominates Trump or stuffed suit like Romney or Jeb Bush I will vote Libertarian, or for the guy with a boot on his head. 

Just now, bornontheblue said:

This. 

1 - I voted for Trump 2x. Because of the way he handled the election I won't vote for him again. Trump had his time, let's move on. 

2. - I will not vote for a spineless loser Like Jeb Bush or Mitt Romney. I wan't a conservative fighter, not a focus group approved stuffed suit that will little by little cave to the left. 

3. If the GOP nominates Trump or stuffed suit like Romney or Jeb Bush I will vote Libertarian, or for the guy with a boot on his head. 

the harvardification of the political class has been shitty for candidates, hasn't it? I mean from guys like trump and hawley who pretend to be of the middle class to pete buttigieg who comes off as a technocrat to elizabeth warren who actually did grow up working class to mitt romney they all attended more or less the same schools and met the same people. as such even out of this diverse cross section of ideology they have a... call it a house style. it doesn't matter what they're saying or what their goals are it sounds the same and their ends tend to be steered similarly as well. 

hell part of the reason why trump and bernie are so insurgently popular is probably because they never were part of that cultural ruling class. 

in my opinion... it isn't great. just listening to both the dnc and the rnc there's a truckload of groupthink and a distinct lack of viewpoint diversity.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.