Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OrediggerPoke

Texas Snow Deemed Fake by Experts

A friend of mine from Rock Springs once described a natural phenomenon, referred to as "snirt," that is unique to Southern Wyoming. Apparently the wind never stops blowing along I-80 and falling snow never has a chance to build up -- it just scurries along the ground, turning brown when picking up dirt, and can compile against a sagebrush. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

31 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

A friend of mine from Rock Springs once described a natural phenomenon, referred to as "snirt," that is unique to Southern Wyoming. Apparently the wind never stops blowing along I-80 and falling snow never has a chance to build up -- it just scurries along the ground, turning brown when picking up dirt, and can compile against a sagebrush. 

This is true. Southeast Wyoming has a bit more ground cover than Southwest Wyoming so not as much 'snirt' in Laramie/Cheyenne. Also - snow does not typically 'fall' in Southern Wyoming.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fake-snow-conspiracy-theory-claims-151311284.html

Just curious if any of our MWC Board members have also verified this sinister plot?

The only expert that I saw mentioned in the article was the one debunking it. The others were just your run-of-the-mill idiots. 

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

yeah that's about right.

about 5 years ago a guy coming through Casper in the winter asked "so the snow blows like this all the time?"

yeah, pretty much

"so... where does it all go?" :lol:

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

14 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Ha ha only in Wyoming 

The Masters 5k road race All American.