Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Fresno St at UNLV

6 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

True - Run the triangle offense 

If you’re being serious, then nobody should take anything you say seriously.  That’s not a legitimate offensive scheme.  It only worked because of three names: Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and Shaquille O’Neal.  It’s very similar to the Princeton in that it’s very predictable once you understand the basic concepts.

14 head coaches in 29 years.  We’ve changed coaches without much success, so what do people wanna do...🤔

@4UNLV has given the only name that UNLV could get, and probably would get, if TJ Otzelberger leaves.  No proven coach would wanna come here.  I wouldn’t send my kid to UNLV basketball right now if I had one.

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Haha, we know Pitino isn't actually coming here, lol.

I think it would be Todd Simon if TJ Otzelberger is let go.  Were the only program that would hire him that’s a clear upgrade.

He was on The Vegas Take a few weeks ago, and Brian Shapiro mentioned something about going to Michigan State when Tom Izzo retires, and I laughed hard.

It's a sick feeling for me right now after the promise of how last year ended and how much we improved, how TJ actually held the players accountable for once (and it worked!!), etc. This year has been beneath my most pessimistic predictions by far. Yeah we have had a lot to overcome, but I have lost a lot of confidence in TJ this year, hope I get it back.

Remember last year when everyone was saying Jenkins would be all-world? I miss Amauri!

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re being serious, then nobody should take anything you say seriously.  That’s not a legitimate offensive scheme.  It only worked because of three names: Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and Shaquille O’Neal.  It’s very similar to the Princeton in that it’s very predictable once you understand the basic concepts.

You should probably study the game a little more. NBA teams have run versions of the Princeton offense. If you knew anything, you’d know that CSU runs a modified version of the Princeton when they’re in the halfcourt.

7 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

While UNLV has had 14 coaches in 29 years, Boise State has had 4. Dye, Jensen, Graham, and Rice. We’re batting 2-4. Dye and Rice have been a success, Graham and Jensen not bad, but not great either. 

Success?

Must be a low bar.

Marginally watchable to pretty good....maybe

I like Leon. He's a good coach. I don't think he wouldn't define his results to date as a success.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, Swoll Cracker said:

You should probably study the game a little more. NBA teams have run versions of the Princeton offense. If you knew anything, you’d know that CSU runs a modified version of the Princeton when they’re in the halfcourt.

There’s a difference between running bits and pieces of it and running the real thing.

1 hour ago, VincentVegaBond said:

It's a sick feeling for me right now after the promise of how last year ended and how much we improved, how TJ actually held the players accountable for once (and it worked!!), etc. This year has been beneath my most pessimistic predictions by far. Yeah we have had a lot to overcome, but I have lost a lot of confidence in TJ this year, hope I get it back.

Remember last year when everyone was saying Jenkins would be all-world? I miss Amauri!

Amauri Hardy wasn’t a star, but he would fill a need on this year’s roster.  They’re gonna have to find someone in the transfer portal who can attack the basket.

2 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

F*ck it, it's #MillerTime

otz had his turn, he got his 2 years to get us back to the final four and he blew it!!! He had it all at UNLV and be blew it!!!!!!!!11@

Mike Miller lasted two years at Memphis before quitting because he needed more “family time.”  It would basically be Dave Rice all over again where he could recruit but not coach.

From what I understand, he’s on New Mexico’s short list because he played with Eddie Nuñez, the New Mexico AD, at Florida.

57 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Lavar Ball

Anyone that can school Michael ( Jordan, not Jackson) one on one is okay by me!

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Success?

Must be a low bar.

Marginally watchable to pretty good....maybe

I like Leon. He's a good coach. I don't think he wouldn't define his results to date as a success.

Dye was a helluva coach. His problem was the Big Sky champion was always a 14 or 15 seed in the Dance. Leon Rice has averaged 20 wins a year over 11 years at Boise State with a crappy budget and zero basketball tradition. UNLV should be so lucky. 

10 hours ago, toonkee said:

What was your point? You asked who we thought UNLV could get. What’s wrong with Leon Rice? He’s done a really good job in Boise. Better than any coach we’ve had since Kruger.

Didn't Leon try to get the vegas job a few years ago? 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Not that I am aware of.... and to be honest it would really surprise me.... It really seems that he does not like moving around. Watched him spend 10 or 11 years with Mark Few and was chased a number of times before he chose Boise.... He is a North West guy.