Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

How you picture fellow OT Boarders

12 hours ago, retrofade said:
10 hours ago, sactowndog said:
10 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

I was honestly flattered by each of these last night and had to show them to my wife. Her response (to each)?

"Yep... Oh yeah.... Absolutely - yes."

So in short, she, as I did, agreed with the esteemed and wise MWCBoarders. But for different reasons.

Why I thought they were accurate: Good looking, stylish, and refined (check); not afraid of conflict and ready to crunch numbers on a moment's notice (check); intelligent and horologically inclined (check).

Why my wife thought they were accurate: way too judgy; way too conflict-oriented; and totally full of himself.  

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

After waking up this morning, I have had 2nd thoughts about @818SUDSFan. I invision him more like Paul Giamatti's Chuck Rhodes in Billions than Ed O'niel's Jay Prichett in Modern Family.
image.jpeg.88477c3988198eeaf1b4b5b0632aef08.jpeg

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 hours ago, happycamper said:

every single person on here....

Duty Calls

This one made me laugh out loud. Damn, it's true. :lol: