Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

UNLV Men’s Basketball Still Scheduling Aggressively

56 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

He might not go pro.  He might transfer to a team that can better showcase his talents.   Really it's a matter of the benefit of staying at UNLV has for him.

Diong is gone for sure I would say, leaving you with zero post players other than Martinez who can't find the court with a guide dog and a GPS.  He's dead weight.

Hoping you can pull 4-5 transfers in who will be high level contributors, especially big men, is not realistic.

Things could get ugly in Vegas next season.

IMO; Hamilton isn't NBA. Neither is Shakel or Mitchell.  Sherfield and Queta are the only two MWC guys I see who have a shot at the league next year.  That doesn't mean the other guys aren't pro material.  There's lots of ways to earn money playing hoops these days. Jamaal Franklin has been balling in China, averaging 30ppg and making millions for about 5 years now.

UNLV is going to finish over .500 this year.  They will next year as well.  And they will be a lot better.  They won’t need to land 4-5 transfers.

I do agree that the recruiting needs to be better because more athleticism and impact players.

Diong will be back btw.

16 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

What’s wrong with that? He’s trying to stay “in the moment???” 

Yeah, you're right.  When I read the tweet, it just seemed wrong. 

It's probably because it was a Rebel who said it.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

I can't believe what I'm reading. Seriously, I'd hope more of you would be able to see a bit more clearly by now. 

Look. You heard it here first. I cannot envision a scenario where Bhams people allow him back here. Pro, remote chance at transfer. Several teams have interest in putting him in their farm. Book that.

As for leashes and throw away seasons and all that. Stop it ✋! TJ is not being paid throw away dollars and this roster was set far before covid or shut downs. This was going to be the result. Every team is dealing with restrictions and positives. 

The only thing that I'm liking is the possibility that isu might take TJ off our hands. Normally I'd want DRF fired before being able to make the next hire, but if that happened I'd be in favor of keeping her. Because even though she's terrible at her job, if that happened I'd think she was lucky. She has to have learned something through all this and I'd feel comfortable with her luck and experience here at UNLV. But then right after that I hope to see her fired or find another job. 

1 hour ago, qwelish said:

I can't believe what I'm reading. Seriously, I'd hope more of you would be able to see a bit more clearly by now. 

Look. You heard it here first. I cannot envision a scenario where Bhams people allow him back here. Pro, remote chance at transfer. Several teams have interest in putting him in their farm. Book that.

As for leashes and throw away seasons and all that. Stop it ✋! TJ is not being paid throw away dollars and this roster was set far before covid or shut downs. This was going to be the result. Every team is dealing with restrictions and positives. 

The only thing that I'm liking is the possibility that isu might take TJ off our hands. Normally I'd want DRF fired before being able to make the next hire, but if that happened I'd be in favor of keeping her. Because even though she's terrible at her job, if that happened I'd think she was lucky. She has to have learned something through all this and I'd feel comfortable with her luck and experience here at UNLV. But then right after that I hope to see her fired or find another job. 

yeah she has to go, he came in looking and acting like Ronald McDonald, set us back with a bs hire. And paid both these coaches extra money for no reason.

4 minutes ago, PlayersinVegas said:

yeah she has to go, he came in looking and acting like Ronald McDonald, set us back with a bs hire. And paid both these coaches extra money for no reason.

Remember when people were sweating UCLA was gonna poach her? LOL.  Can anyone name a single one of her accomplishments? Oh, she caved and let PC police kill Hey Reb! She (was) a hot commodity as an Athletic Director for, and let's be honest: for no other reason than she's a woman...yay for progressive-points. She lucked into Sanchez fundraising the Fertitta Football Complex and football moving from Sam Boyd to Allegiant Stadium. She only got the scratch to pay for Otz/Arroyo's bloated contracts because of the $60 mill multimedia deal with Learfield IMG. She's done less with more money, facilities, and resources than any AD in UNLV history. 

She went completely rogue hiring Otzelberger--he's a midwest guy licking his chops to go ice-fishing again. Atleast Arroyo fits in here and was an educated hire---has a clear vision and first 2 recruiting classes were historical bests-ever at UNLV. But she went against everyone and went out of he way to give the keys to Otzelberger and if he continues to fail or jumps ship she deserves to lose her job. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

Remember when people were sweating UCLA was gonna poach her? LOL.  Can anyone name a single one of her accomplishments? Oh, she caved and let PC police kill Hey Reb! She (was) a hot commodity as an Athletic Director for, and let's be honest: for no other reason than she's a woman...yay for progressive-points. She lucked into Sanchez fundraising the Fertitta Football Complex and football moving from Sam Boyd to Allegiant Stadium. She only got the scratch to pay for Otz/Arroyo's bloated contracts because of the $60 mill multimedia deal with Learfield IMG. She's done less with more money, facilities, and resources than any AD in UNLV history. 

She went completely rogue hiring Otzelberger--he's a midwest guy licking his chops to go ice-fishing again. Atleast Arroyo fits in here and was an educated hire---has a clear vision and first 2 recruiting classes were historical bests-ever at UNLV. But she went against everyone and went out of he way to give the keys to Otzelberger and if he continues to fail or jumps ship she deserves to lose her job. 

40E523BF-6263-444F-A721-E0C8CFC1DEA2.jpeg