Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

The facts on how and why Boise State's school colors of blue and orange were chosen

4 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

I can envision the Fresca product placement now.  

It truly is the best for rehydration.  There should also be some form of beef product placement.  Maybe a whole prime rib sitting on my desk.

42 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

And the bat needs to be hung on the wall behind the desk.  

Ahh yes, the Teamwork Bat.  It's really good for facilitating teamwork and it fosters a sense of togetherness when brought out.

5 hours ago, 4XGrad said:

VandalPride, you on the other hand exhibit an artificially inflated ego. As if you were the end all be all. It is rather sad to see people who think they have all the answers and yet... they don't even know the questions. For several months now I have read your flailing sound bites on here... News flash... you don't add to the conversations, you simply try to stir the pot. It seems to be common with the younger crowds as a way of camouflaging a lack of knowledge and intellect. I am sure you are capable of more but if you do not exercise that muscle it atrophies and dies. 

Dude I like a lot of your posts but @VandalPride97 has been posting with some of us for nearly two decades on this board and the old WAC board and is a great member of this community.

I even kinda agree with your point.  The UI/Boise rivalry was far more heated than other rivalries in the Northwest and intermountain region that get praised on here.  Border War with the goat +++++ing schools is tame in comparison.  But that is what made it awesome.

On 2/25/2021 at 6:47 AM, Bronco7454 said:

When you start a sentence with "I thought" you are giving yourself way too much credit.   Especially since the reference to "an 18 wheeler" has nothing at all to do with Boise State.    But perhaps you enjoy making completely ignorant comments.  That certainly appears to be the case.    ADDED TO IGNORE LIST.

LMAO...oddly enough, you come to mind on this matter.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

23 hours ago, 4XGrad said:

Having been a student at U of I I know they teach history.... Obviously not a class you paid attention in.

"Never once at Idaho did I ever hear anyone complain or even mention some obscure insurrection leading to marshal law, movement of the capital or the politics of being land grant."

Not really an obscure insurrection considering followed around the world and it made front page news in Paris and London. You probably don't know why there is a statue of a guy right in front of the capital building. 

You obviously have no idea why the major land grant University was placed in a small backwater in the Palouse. That was a big deal and it had to do with the school you so proudly claim (rightfully so, It is a good school if you bother to learn what they have to teach)

You obviously do not understand how those major events can create long term animosity even when the events themselves are long forgotten by generations that did not experience them first hand. They have lasting effects even when people do not pay attention to history.

You need some Vagisil...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

I do hope there’s a Boise State vs Idaho game in the future, I never experienced that during my time in Boise. 

I do remember an Idaho poster from the old smack board renting out a suite for the Boise State vs Idaho basketball games at Centurylink, really nice guy that would invite all.  

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Dude I like a lot of your posts but @VandalPride97 has been posting with some of us for nearly two decades on this board and the old WAC board and is a great member of this community.

I even kinda agree with your point.  The UI/Boise rivalry was far more heated than other rivalries in the Northwest and intermountain region that get praised on here.  Border War with the goat +++++ing schools is tame in comparison.  But that is what made it awesome.

I still think it was the most intense rivalry no one ever heard about.  Not dangerous like 'Bama/Auburn, but close to Texas/A&M in terms of shit talking.

2 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

I still think it was the most intense rivalry no one ever heard about.  Not dangerous like 'Bama/Auburn, but close to Texas/A&M in terms of shit talking.

I got into a fight when I was 19 at a house party near campus for wearing a Boise shirt.  We were both so drunk, he started vomiting during the fight, which made me vomit.  It was a mess.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I got into a fight when I was 19 at a house party near campus for wearing a Boise shirt.  We were both so drunk, he started vomiting during the fight, which made me vomit.  It was a mess.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone fight someone for wearing a BSU shirt, but you gotta have a damn big set of balls to do that at a Vandal party.  Props.

Can't stop laughing at two guys fighting and winding up puking.  Fight-barfing is all about style points.  You guys wind up making up?  Damn near every drunk fight I've been in or got close to getting into wound up with someone I wouldn't mind having a beer with. 

1 minute ago, VandalPride97 said:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone fight someone for wearing a BSU shirt, but you gotta have a damn big set of balls to do that at a Vandal party.  Props.

Can't stop laughing at two guys fighting and winding up puking.  Fight-barfing is all about style points.  You guys wind up making up?  Damn near every drunk fight I've been in or got close to getting into wound up with someone I wouldn't mind having a beer with. 

Yeah I had a sure thing with a little cutie up to that.  Turns out a sloppy drunk puking wrestling match is a turn off.

They let me crash at the place.  Pretty cool of em.  I helped clean up the carpet' couches, chairs and counter in the morning.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah I had a sure thing with a little cutie up to that.  Turns out a sloppy drunk puking wrestling match is a turn off.

They let me crash at the place.  Pretty cool of em.  I helped clean up the carpet' couches, chairs and counter in the morning.

Would you say that you were, perhaps, nasty and inebriated?  

5 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Would you say that you were, perhaps, nasty and inebriated?  

For sure.

Guy was shit faced, told me I needed to take off my hoodie during a game of pong we were playing.  I sad make me bitch.  He proceeded to try and make.  People cheered.  Then the vomiting, then people stopped cheering and HMHB did not get laid.